For several years my daughter has been wanting to go camping with me on my motorcycle, I have been avoiding it and my wife has been discouraging her to do that because of the dangers of being on a motorcycle. I know that so well after just mending from eight broken ribs. I have been riding for over 42 years and over that time, I have spent a little over six weeks in the hospital with broken bones. Being the smart husband, I had avoided doing an adventure with my daughter on my bike and have been able to keep a happy wife.

My daughter has an adventure heart and has kept on my wife to let her go on a trip with me before she heads off to college. She has worked very hard as a student, 4.2 GPA in high school, and has been a four year varsity letterman In Field Hockey since her freshman year in high school. She was named all CIF first team this year in her sport and was the top scorer in her division D1. Because of her ability as an athlete, she has earned a scholarship to play field hockey at UC Davis. Enough bragging about my daughter, but I am proud of her.

My wife gave in last month and came to me privately, then asked me if I would take her on a camping trip because she has been asking my wife for over two months if she could do a small trip with me. I jumped at it because it was my wifes Idea now and not mine. I planned a two day camping trip with her to Idyllwild. She had never been there and had no clue where it was. I had planned a long back route through Julian down Banner, up S2, Warner, Anza then to Idyllwild. It really was almost a three hour tour.

We took off last Sunday and came home late Tuesday. We had a blast together and she did some of her own research on some hiking trails in Idyllwild that she would like to do with me. Monday she took me for a eight and a half mile round trip hike that I was surprised I finished. We went for a shorter hike on Tuesday because I was sore. On our small hike she asked me when she graduates from Davis, she would like me to take her to Alaska on my motorcycle and camp the whole way like Diego and I did this past year. I told her she will need to talk with her mom about that.

Enjoy some of our memories we made together

post-13882-0-07724400-1436936124_thumb.j

post-13882-0-40597400-1436936159_thumb.j

post-13882-0-70504100-1436936211_thumb.j

post-13882-0-75065100-1436936239_thumb.j

post-13882-0-38377800-1436936263_thumb.j

post-13882-0-89995500-1436936289_thumb.j

post-13882-0-06940800-1436936321_thumb.j

How awesome looks like you 2 had a blast

That represents some excellent quality in life - "way to go" to the both of you!! cheers.

It will be a memory that you and your daughter will always cherish. Not everybody can be that lucky!

For several years my daughter has been wanting to go camping with me on my motorcycle, I have been avoiding it and my wife has been discouraging her to do that because of the dangers of being on a motorcycle. I know that so well after just mending from eight broken ribs. I have been riding for over 42 years and of that time I have spent a little over six weeks in the hospital with broken bones. Being the smart husband, I had avoided doing an adventure with my daughter on my bike and have been able to keep a happy wife.

My daughter has an adventure heart and has kept on my wife to let her go on a trip with me before she heads off to college. She has worked very hard as a student, 4.2 GPA in high school, and has been a four year varsity letterman In Field Hockey since her freshman year in high school. She was named all CIF first team this year in her sport and was the top scorer in her division D1. Because of her ability as an athlete, she has earned a scholarship to play field hockey at UC Davis. Enough bragging about my daughter, but I am proud of her.

My wife gave in last month and came to me privately then asked me if I would take her on a camping trip because she has been asking my wife for over two months if she could do a small trip with me. I jumped at it because it was my wifes Idea now and not mine. I planned a two day camping trip with her to Idyllwild. She had never been there and had no clue where it was. I had planned a long back route through Julian down Banner, up S2, Warner, Anza then to Idyllwild. It really was almost a three hour tour.

We took off last Sunday and came home late Tuesday. We had a blast together and she did some of her own research on some hiking trails in Idyllwild that she would like to do with me. Monday she took me for a eight and a half mile round trip hike that I was surprised I finished. We went for a shorter hike on Tuesday because I was sore. On our small hike she asked me that when she graduates from Davis, she would like me to take her to Alaska on my motorcycle and camp the whole way like Diego and did this past year. I told her she will need to talk with her mom about that.

Enjoy some of our memories we made together

The way 2 go. I would go in a heartbeat but I don't have a daughter.

It will be a memory that you and your daughter will always cherish. Not everybody can be that lucky!

Yes we where able to share with each other something we both love, adventure, and we both were on neutral ground.

Awesome that she has the adventure bug! Daughters and bikes are cool.

post-15604-0-27703400-1436996210_thumb.p

Also, a bluetooth setup makes two up experience more fun for the passenger. Something to think about for the next trip with her.

Such a cool story and a memory for a life time. These are the types of things in life that are most important. Thanks for sharing.

Brag all you want, pops; you're not bragging on yourself. That's what kids are for.

Nice work.

Suggest to her that she get her Moto License . I know of gals that want to take the course but do not know if they will ever get a bike .

Suggest to her that she get her Moto License . I know of gals that want to take the course but do not know if they will ever get a bike .

Ken maybe you could suggest that to my wife(Ha Ha Ha). The fact that my wife let me and her have a couple of days on my bike together was a big deal for me. I respect my wife opinion and what she has to say, we have been married 28 yrs, and she has lived through all of my crashes on the motorcycles that I have owned. I want to take you to dinner with us and have you explain to my wife why my daughter should get her motorcycle license. Ken stay a single man! Your a great man amongst us motorcycle enthusiast, but I think my wife would have a thing or two to say that you would not care to hear.

Dan,

Although we all like to think our family is special, Ha; if we take a survey, many if not All of our wives have things to say that Ken may Not want to hear.

and inversely,

The wives have a long list of issues,,,They don't need to hear! This could be why Ken is a popular guy to travel with. We can bring up all the issues our wives don't want to hear.

Good luck to your daughter at the the University of California. You may want to prepare for her discovering activities that are more important than camping with dad,,,at least for the next 20 years.

Dave

Dan,

Although we all like to think our family is special, Ha; if we take a survey, many if not All of our wives have things to say that Ken may Not want to hear.

and inversely,

The wives have a long list of issues,,,They don't need to hear! This could be why Ken is a popular guy to travel with. We can bring up all the issues our wives don't want to hear.

Good luck to your daughter at the the University of California. You may want to prepare for her discovering activities that are more important than camping with dad,,,at least for the next 20 years.

Dave

Dave you are right! Ken would probably careless and move on with his big smile. As for the daughter at UC, I still have this picture in my mind that she is my little daughter. As for the activities, she has a good moral base!

Neither of my parents (or even anybody, anywhere in my family) liked or even approved of riding motorcycles. My father begrudged me a small trail bike when I was old enough to have a driver's license, but there would be no racing until I was 18 and could make that decision for myself and had a full time job. motorcycling has stuck with me for almost 45 years now. :laughingsmiley:

Also nice to see that your daughter is fit/active...too many young adults are fat these days and smoking those e-sigs.