tntmo

Second Annual Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip: Nov 4-5

I'd go but I'm flying to Kansas to visit family on the 3rd, have fun out there!

• Like 1

Hey @Goofy Footer, yes I'm back to riding.  I'd do the Noob Camp in a heartbeat, I had a blast last year, plus learned a few things.

However, I've been invited to the Honda (Geico) Adventure Rally with @moto_rph, @shutterrev, @Hawkins

Thought I'd give it a look see...  Curious to see if it's anything like some of the Harley rally's I've been to (minus the pavement vs dirt thing), the off bike activities...

• Like 1

I'm not gonna make this campout. I will be working on getting our sidecar rig back together so we can get put there and ride soon !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tntmo said:

Hopefully we get a couple people going.  Post up on the calendar event and let me know.  I can put in a sausage order.

Screenshot_20231031_101643_Google.jpg.39dc323b351c32760e1f9ed287f512b2.jpg

Sorry bro the gieco girls will be at the big rally this year . Im headed over there to help dig ADV bikes out of the sand.

• Like 1

I knew the date wasn’t ideal, but it’s what worked for me.  I’ve had great times solo camping, will be good with a few people.  

• Like 1

Yeh, I have a baja thing. Sad to miss this though. 

• Like 1

See you on Saturday, 2pm in Ramona. Will only ride to the mesa Grande store or hideout and than go back home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

See you on Saturday, 2pm in Ramona. Will only ride to the mesa Grande store or hideout and than go back home.

Always good to see you no matter what, Udo!

So far it looks like we definity have the following to make the ride out and home same night.

@Mr.JAJA

@tubebender

@DSM8

We will see you at 2, Main Street Coffee in Ramona

• Agree 1

Justin (my fake brother @tntbromo) is going as well.  @Goofy Footer Tim going? 

I can call the gas station tomorrow to have sausages set up if I know how many.  Otherwise plan to bring food!

Weather looks good for tomorrow with lows in the 50’s.  There’s a wildfire out by Aguanga that appears to be under control.  We possibly have a few people bringing trucks to the site, hopefully it works out so we have firewood.  I’m calling in for food orders at the gas station in an hour or so.  

Hey Guys!  I've been MIA for a while, but I recently got into a KLR650 and she's WAY TOO CLEAN for my taste!  I can't make the camping on Saturday night, but I would love to meet up with you guys on Sunday morning and check out the trails up to Idyllwild.  What time do you think you will launch?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, made2moto said:

Hey Guys!  I've been MIA for a while, but I recently got into a KLR650 and she's WAY TOO CLEAN for my taste!  I can't make the camping on Saturday night, but I would love to meet up with you guys on Sunday morning and check out the trails up to Idyllwild.  What time do you think you will launch?

Hi, since this is just a short ride from Ramona to the campsite we are meeting at the coffee shop at 2pm.  

Are you guys meeting at 2pm on Saturday or on Sunday?  I can't meet up with you guys until 
Sunday morning.  Let me know if that works...

Chris

• Like 1

Saturday.  If you want to swing by the campground in the morning on Sunday you’re more than welcome.

Edited by tntmo

So we meet now at the "MAIN STREET CAFFEE" in Downtown  Ramona?

2 PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

So we meet now at the "MAIN STREET CAFFEE" in Downtown  Ramona?

2 PM.

Yeah, if that’s the little coffee shop?

11 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Yeah, if that’s the little coffee shop?

Yes, that is the usual spot. It just changed names. Have fun guys. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fun ride out to Mesa Grande and back with Udo and Dave. We rode Santa Ysabel TT on the way back, and then I rode Lusardi TT. IMG_2335.thumb.jpeg.71ca43f818701e033ba93c8ec9143019.jpeg
Have fun camping boys.

Edited by Wierdrider
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Fun ride out to Mesa Grande and back with Udo and Dave. We rode Santa Ysabel TT on the way back, and then I rode Lusardi TT. IMG_2335.thumb.jpeg.71ca43f818701e033ba93c8ec9143019.jpeg
Have fun camping boys.

He LIVES!! So sorry I missed you brother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know there were a few events going on this weekend but we still had a few people show up.  Six riders left the coffee shop as mentioned above.  Three continued from Mesa Grande Store to Warner Springs gas station, Bob/Pauly/myself.  

We got our garlic chicken sausage sandwiches and headed towards camp.  Justin met us at the Lost Valley Rd turn off.  He had drove up and had firewood, chairs, etc.  We all got to the campground and there were a few other people there but it was nice.  Relaxed all evening, had some cold beverages and imbibed In whatever worked for people.  Tim rolled in with his van around 9pm and we all stayed up late solving the world’s problems.

Sunrise came early but everyone was in a slow pace.  Coffee, pack up and clean camp.  We all saw a KLR come into camp with a rider perched up.  It was Chris, he mentioned trying to catch up with us.  Pauly and I rode with him north up to Chihuahua Valley Rd and then peeled off for the slab home.  

Good time, I will try to put another one together sometime soon.  Just nice to get out and relax!  

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4365.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_4368.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

IMG_4370.jpeg

IMG_4371.jpeg

• Like 3

Dec or Jan trip would be cool. 
I’ll ping you with a different camp spot idea too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1