Tree passed. :( Rest in peace. Just lost another friend to cancer on Saturday as well....

I am shocked....it happened so quick...very sad.

We will miss you Tree.

Godspeed...and condolences to family and friends.

Losing too many people lately.

Never take anything for granted and enjoy every day of life !

Never take anything for granted and enjoy every day of life !

RIP Tree.

Dang...sad news...TREE was bigger than life, in life. RIP big guy...

RIP tree I am speechless, way way way tooooo fast. Too many great people are disappearing lately enjoy every moment people.

Sad day indeed.

"tears"

Going to miss that big fuzzy grin.

God Bless the Swainston family.

S

I had the opportunity to ride sweep with Tree 2 years ago at the dash.

Thoughts to his family.

Ride in Peace Tree...

Randy, wonder if Butterfield Ranch has a spot they would let us plant a tree?

Brilliant!

I've been parking at the Desert Dash between Tree and Schwinn for years......Tree was hit hard and fast and that absolutely sucks.......I'm stunned/speechless.

Steve battles on and we're all hoping the early detection will enable him to fight back and kick cancer's ass!!! (I think about you/your struggles everyday brother)

I also lost a bother in my immediate family to cancer 10 years ago.....

I'm so sick of F'n cancer stealing people from me/us......

I like the idea of planting a tree in honor of Tree......Butterfield seems ideal since it's the sight of our annual SDAR event and there's a watering system in place.......

That's the first place that popped in my head....I will call them.

Anyone from SDAR close with his family ? I'd like to contact his wife after awhile.

Also....if anyone here's of memorial service info....please start a new thread for it.

A reminder to everyone how tenuous life is and a chance for all of us to strengthen and greater appreciate the relationships we have. I will always remember Duane for how fast a guy his size rode in the dirt! He rang his KTM's out for everything they had and was so often right on the edge - always with a smile on his face.

My sincerest condolences to his family and close friends.

Vaya con Dios Duane.

Jeep%2520with%2520KTM.jpg

I've been parking at the Desert Dash between Tree and Schwinn for years......Tree was hit hard and fast and that absolutely sucks.......I'm stunned/speechless.

Steve battles on and we're all hoping the early detection will enable him to fight back and kick cancer's ass!!! (I think about you/your struggles everyday brother)

I also lost a bother in my immediate family to cancer 10 years ago.....

I'm so sick of F'n cancer stealing people from me/us......

I like the idea of planting a tree in honor of Tree......Butterfield seems ideal since it's the sight of our annual SDAR event and there's a watering system in place.......

I am Steve AKA Schwinn...

I had 8 compression Fractures and 4 broken ribs from offroad riding in February...Doc says why the weak bones? we find I have Multiple Myeloma....I feel a helluva alot better now Beach Cruising and just started Paddle Boarding to get back strength. I lost alot of weight from the Chemo and Radiation sucks...Status Update By Steve Heavirland Update on my Cancer...Multiple Myeloma. Every Tuesaday I go in for For shots and IVs... BP...120 / 74...Crazy huh. Zometa by IV to strengthen my back . ZOMETA® (zoledronic acid) 4 mg/5 mL is a treatment for hypercalcemia of malignancy (HCM; a condition resulting in high calcium blood levels due to cancer). ZOMETA is also used to reduce and delay bone complications due to multiple myeloma and bone metastases from solid tumors; used with anti-cancer medicines. Injection of Velcade. Velcade is the first approved cancer therapy in a class of medicines known as proteasome inhibitors. In the United States, Velcade is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma. - Revlimed daily...Revlimid (also called lenalidomide) is an oral cancer drug that is used for the treatment of multiple myeloma. It is part of a class of drugs called Immunomodulatory drugs or IMiDs®. IMIDs work against cancer cells partly by impacting the functioning of the immune system - Moores Cancer in La Jolla is preparing me for Stem Cell Collection. They will detain me for up to 14 days in Thornton Hospital. I will have zero immunities after stem cell removal so they keep me isolated till my body reproduces its immunity levels. A few weeks back to work and then up to 3 weeks isolated back in the hospital for Stem Cells put back in....EFF CANCER..

I'm in touch with Robert, owner of Veys Power sports...their sons went to high school together and Robert and Tree go way back....I will get info from him about services, etc.

Will keep y'all posted.

Hey Schwinn....keep up the fight and hope the super best outcome for you !

I'm vary sad to see this news. I met Tree through SDAR. Thoughts and pryers go out to his family. The man had a true love for Baja and the gps tracks to prove it. Rest in peace amigo!!!!! my next ride is for you!!!! we should all do sumthing in his honor Brando.

post-14875-0-28557300-1411595508_thumb.j

post-14875-0-22586200-1411595539_thumb.j

post-14875-0-06167600-1411595590_thumb.j

post-14875-0-96595500-1411595630_thumb.j

post-14875-0-75661700-1411595676_thumb.j

post-14875-0-80194400-1411595719_thumb.j

post-14875-0-63639700-1411595761_thumb.j

When I think about losing a friend I look to all the good times and experiences we shared. Many don't know Duane Swainston Tree also supported and raced the OTB desert Racing series. I remember the great times we had working the desert scrambles with Tree, Robert Hoyt and Aaron Gorski. Duane will be truly missed!

post-94-0-00645100-1411609236_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-89868000-1411609287_thumb.jpg

Chatted with Doug about this since I was out there this weekend and they're all for it.

Looking for ideas on what type of tree we should plant for Tree. Talking with Mr Gray he has no restrictions on what type of tree other than no Cottonwood. He has several sites picked out that have water going to them. We should plant this by next month as he feels that would have the best results.

What type of tree?

Why?