Dress4Less

Baja-No-Pinch-Tire-Tool

I've got the kauritmoto tool this is based on. I still use spoons on the trail but use the tool every time I change a tire in the garage.

I've got the kauritmoto tool this is based on.

Yep, looks like the design was ripped off from creator in Estonia and brought to the states........

Slick tool but not sure I'd spend ~$100 on one.....that's almost two tires.....

http://www.bajanopinch.com/

I can't say whether it's worth it for you or not; but as someone who has changed at least a dozen tires in the past twelve months I'm grateful to have it.

I don't go on long rides without one (I have the Estonia original), it makes changing tires at home a breeze which is often with an SE. I run a Motoz Desert Tractionator on the 950 and I shudder to think of changing a flat on the trail without it. It saved my bacon on Carrizo Plain in the heat after I picked up a nail.

We discussed this a while back.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17604-cool-tire-tool-revisited/?hl=pinch#entry169042

Both tools look useful and have good reviews.

Ahhhh soooooo...missed that thread. Thanks for the feedback all. I'm gonna go for it.

TireTool4Less

I would still be down for splitting shipping or trying to get a group buy on one of these. I dread changing tires.

Bad news: We just missed a group buy on ADVrider: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996680

Good news: They need 15 more people to run it again. Please send this guy an email if you're interested. It's 15% off the tool and I'm sure we could combine shipping for bigger savings.

So I've had five people approach me wanting in on the group discount after it had already expired. I've contacted the owner of Baja and he's agreed to run this again if we can come up with another 15. Please email me your first and last name and I'll advise the discount code details if we hit 20. regsiemens@hotmail.com

Just replied.

After fighting with my last tire install and removing a good deal of black from my black rims this will be a good investment.

Arnie do you have all of the adapters or only the big Ktm sleeve?

How much does this tool weigh? Afry mentioned he carries it on long rides - even on a small bike?

Also, I have standard Japanese bikes, DRZ, WR etc, what sleeve would I need?

I'm currently on the fence. Front tires are pretty easy with spoons, rears are more of a hassle since I usually have to change them at night when it's colder after work. Baking rubber in the sun helps mucho. I run the same tires most all the time so I'm only changing them when I get new ones. $20 for a shop to install vs this tool... Hmmmm

It weighs a little under 2 lbs. DRZ is 20mm (no pinch standard size), WR is 22mm... that said I used the 20mm for my YZ (also 22mm) and it worked fine.

The Good News is, trailside the tire is warm to hot. ;-). The bad news, you have help.

Arnie do you have all of the adapters or only the big Ktm sleeve?

Bought em all cause I'm a bike whore.

FYI group buy is in force. I saved about $21 on my full set. If you meant to sign up and didn't, send me a PM and I'll give you the code.

When I first saw this tool last year I was interested. But when I measured the axles on my Vintage Honda XL's they came out to be 15mm. I contacted them and told them I would buy one of their tools if they made a 15mm spindle. They immediatly replied that they would make one and add it to their offering. They sent me a tool with all three sizes of axles. Works great.

FYI- My 2 cents.... means nothing ...to y'all....but I feel the need to comment.... I believe* these guys no-pinche guys stole the entire idea for this tool from the original manufacturer (Estonia).

The OEM -Kauritmoto should have patented it and I'm sure they didn't , but for this reason I would not consider sending my money to this company, even if it is the same spec., 1/2 the cost of the original and made in USA.

*(perhaps the US guys have asked permission or paid the original guys for their design......but doubtfull)

Kauritmoto the OEM

http://tiremountingtool.com/

PS admittedly I have a Chinese built tire/mousse palletized changing stand...........(not a trail pack item)

the new US made ZipTy Racing designed tire stand is on my shopping list.

You are making decisions not knowing the facts and based on assumptions. Perhaps they have a licensing agreement to mfr and sell in the US? Point is none of us know the story behind the scenes. I don't know and it's certainly not my business to analyze and enforce US patent law. If there is an infringement let the legal system take care of it. No need for trial by lynch mob. I have no regrets buying the Baja No Pinch.