Ken S

What oil are you using in you 4 stroke

I'm currently using Redline 10/40 synthetic in my 2014 RMZ 450. Good ,bad , anything better.

Don't really have any preference on brands or price. Just want the best to protect my favorite toy.

Kenny.

I've been running Mobil One V-twin (20w50) but am gonna give Rotella 10w40 a shot.

Oh no

I swear... :grrr:

Evil ADV folks did this to us...

Allso, what are the best tires? :heh:

OK, I'll bite. :smile_anim: They say to use what ever brand the manual suggests. Honda use honda; yamaha use yamaha etc...

You are lucky in that you want to use the "best" and you don't care about price.

Most people are looking for "best" at an acceptable price which makes it a lot more subjective!

That motorex for my ktm kills me to use 2 liters every two days of riding at $17/liter.

Anyway, I suggest the best thing is follow the manual. I personally try to follow the heat graph in selecting the oil weights.

DD

After spending $8 grand for on my bike and a bunch more getting it kind of dialed in. Then $500 on a top end because I mixed antifreeze and it plugged my cooling system, I don't mind spending an extra 5 or 10 dollars a ride to protect it, Suzuki doesn't recommend brands.

Yes, I got the day off so I'm home with the kids bored.

Need to ride tomorrow.

Kenny

how refreshing, an oil thread.....oil thread = what's the best belief system/religion thread

Recommended grades of motorcycle oil based on ambient temperatures and replaced at the recommended maintenance intervals. Nothing else to do.

I heard Kenny's story about his top end fix - not fun.

I think any of the major brands work just fine. As mentioned, just use the right weight and change more frequently than not.

If you want to support a local company, Maxima Racing Oil is in Santee and if you went there you might even bump into MX legend the "Dogger" Ron Lechien, possibly the fastest guy to ever ride a KX500 in motocross.

14120_1988_-_lechien-binghamton88-002-bu

I went to school with Ron. Rolled a truck riding with Ron. I want some free oil, my back still hurts.

I use the Rotella at Walmart. My kids use Lucas. My bike uses oil. So I sometimes top it off with some Lucas additive. Bought some today.

Then $500 on a top end because I mixed antifreeze and it plugged my cooling system,

I don't even have a bike that runs coolant right now but this interests me since I have cars. Did a little reading and I guess one has to use caution. Sorry it happened to you but at least one person learned from it. I thought everything could mix as of a few years ago. Guess not.

Olive Oyl, if I can get Popeye away from her.

I'm with Dirtdiver

Motorex KTM Racing 4T Motor Oil 20W-60 has been my oil of choice, I’ve spent money on worse things….

Mystery Oil, Of Course. After using MO, I have no problem with that troublesome #2 plug on my 350.

:dirol:

Marvel Mystery Oil is amazing stuff alright! I cook my pancakes in it and I havent had any problems with number 2 since!

In my bikes I only run Siberian Pine Nut oil. It leaves a fresh pine scent on the trail and keeps the greenies happy!

pinenutoil.jpg

I'm with Dirtdiver

Motorex KTM Racing 4T Motor Oil 20W-60 has been my oil of choice, I’ve spent money on worse things….

Same here. I buy it in bulk from AAKTM so it's a tad less expensive.......