hoss314

What glove is your favorite and why?

I have always liked the Fox Pawtectors.....but they stretch out and "roll up" in the palm of my hand causing blisters after a while.

fox_09_glo_dir_blk.jpg

For quite some time now I have been wearing the Alpinestars leather gloves because they don't stretch out.....like them but they are expensive and now in need of replacement.

2010-Alpinestars-SP-S-Gloves-Black.jpg

What type / model of glove do you use and why? Anybody else have the same problem?

(This is a glove thread....not a thread to find out if I hold on to the grips too tight. Which I don't!)

I like the fox bomber gloves. Mid priced glove that seems to hold up well and has decent protection.

I like gloves with little or no padding and stitching on the palm area to cause blisters. I wear an old pair of A.R.C. gloves and a pair of One Industry gloves.

I like the fox bomber gloves. Mid priced glove that seems to hold up well and has decent protection.

another vote for the bomber- I have torn up enough knuckles wearing soft-knuckled gloves, that when I saw these, I gave them a try and like them.

They also have a longer cuff than most, and that is another area I have scratched up in the past... right where the sleeve stops... sounds like I crash a lot :lol:

I get a blister where my ring is, but the rest are normally ok- and I DO hold on too tight when lifting the front wheel... old mountain bike habit that is hard to break.

bomber.jpg

I've been using No Fear gloves with the armored knuckes...(look similar to bikesluts) .mid-range, think I paid $40 +/- (would have to look up model?).....Love them!:thumbsup_anim: .....they have not worn out for a LONG TIME...and NO signs of wear still.....I went through so many other gloves and the finger tips wore out, cheapy leather, etc etc.....

Default.jpg

Alpinestar SMX because they're a good glove and most importantly, they're offered in xxx-L size. I have a terrible time with gloves that are too small. You know, big hands? But these are highly protective, and flexible enough for most uses- here, let me demonstrate the flexibility:

030181-2.jpg

another perfectly good thread in to the gutter <_<

:heh:

yeah fakey has a 100% success rate :coolio: I also use gloves with the least amount of "extras" on them as possible. Then again, looking at my knuckles, maybe I shouldn't be providing input.

See you guys don't appreciate the kernel of truth on which the balance of the post is based.

I really do like the SMX gloves, and the rest is entertainment. For someone.

+1 on the bomber gloves. I also like the Fox Dirt Paw gloves. Less protection but real comfortable. Good fit also.

I've been using No Fear gloves with the armored knuckes...(look similar to bikesluts) .mid-range, think I paid $40 +/- (would have to look up model?).....Love them!:thumbsup_anim: .....they have not worn out for a LONG TIME...and NO signs of wear still.....I went through so many other gloves and the finger tips wore out, cheapy leather, etc etc.....

+1

http://www.motorcycl...kar-Gloves.aspx

Klim Dakar , MotoMax sells them for About $32 , 7245 El Cajon Blvd. SD 619-469-6255

Hey, these fit perfect, no blisters. I can't wear mine out, used them for a full season. Just washed them out with a hose and ready for season two.

And now back to our regular scheduled programming....

I like the Fox pawtectors...i usually buy my Dirt bike gloves a size down from what seems right, because once the stretch and break in they dont get loose...i hate loose gloves.

I had a pair of Acerbis gloves that didnt hold up. And didnt like my last pair of Thor MX gloves.

I cannot endorse the Fox Pawtectors for street use on a DS though...On pavement i only like leather products...I have been down at Laguna Seca in what used to be turn 3, now turn 6, at a buck twenty....low side tuck of the front, leather was my friend...didn't help my busted ankle...but i was able to keep ALOT of skin after a 100' slide...

Good thread with the DS uses in mind...a sumo glove would be good...

I use the Fox Pawtecters because they're the only glove that fits my hands. XXXXL

I've used Mecanix Wear M-Pact 2 Glove for DS use. A little tight for me, but the padded palms were a big plus for longer rides. Also have thick padding on the knuckles and the wrist coverage is better than any dirt/DS glove I've ever owned.

MW09_MP2_02_H_400x500.jpg

Bum, I think I tried on the Bombers when in FBC the last time and didn't like the fit. I can't remember what it was, maybe the carbon knuckle guards, were too tight. I tried on some Air Jordan gloves way back and they fit, but weren't right for DSing?

OK I have had my bike for about two months or so and I have been through 2 pairs of the Fox Bombers--- First pair the rubber protectors were coming off the fingers ( yes no big deal but after spending 45 buck I expect crap to last for more then 3 weeks and thats no crazy riding or junk) I took them back to North County and they replaced them with another pair and the other day I noticed my finger was getting cold and I looked and the sticking between the finger was coming apart (thank god the wife is a sewer and can sew crap like that and fix them). They are alright gloves I hae noticed the kevlar on top of the knuckles is a little small at time and will start to rub on the outer edge of the knuckles and gets annoying as all get out. These are the only gloves I have so far. Hope this helps and doesnt just confuse the hell out of people LOL..

OK- can we consider that one vote against the bombers?

Heh...I've ridden with mine for 6 months and I abuse them...maybe its because I have girlish hands, but they have kept together fine

Off-road: BMW Rallye gloves

297_A0118898_large.jpg

On-road: Held Gloves

Why: Because neither come in small, medium, large,etc. They come in numbered sizes so you can get exactly the right size. From the Held sizing chart:

Held Glove Size, Estimated Men’s Alpha Size

6 – 6 1/2, XS

7 – 7 1/2, Small

8 – 8 1/2, Medium

9 – 9 1/2, Large

10, XL

11, XXL

12, XXXL

They come in 1/2 sizes. IOW Sizes 6 through 9 1/2 are eight different size gloves. Some of the Held's even come in different finger lengths.