Met Shock in beautiful downtown Alpine, and jetted out to Jacumba... we had no real firm plan, just explore around for a bit and not get in any trouble....

While Shock was suiting up, I ran out for a quick trail ride... 20 yards from the truck, as I was accelerating around a corner, and lofting the front wheel just a little bit, I see something that makes me wince:

DSCN3005.jpg

I was going at least 25 miles per hour, when I found this.... Did my best to lift my legs and jump over the front, but I wasn't fast enough... Handlebars hit my thighs HARD, and sent me ass over teakettles, into a crumpled heap about 5 feet in front of the bike... wind got knocked out of me, I conked my head GOOD, smashed my hands and my thighs hurt terribly... I asked Paul if he had a camera, he didn't, so I took the picture myself... then took a few minutes to clear the cobwebs, before we decided to go ahead and ride.

DSCN3004.jpg

We ran over to the Border Fence... some obligatory shots of Paul

DSCN3006.jpg

DSCN3008.jpg

Random pics of the South Side of Jacumba... lots of shooters out, and a couple of people camping right next to the cave/mine... we chatted with them a bit, before exploring some more

DSCN3010.jpg

DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3013.jpg

DSCN3009.jpg

more in a few minutes, including Stagecoach Trail- where's my ibuprofen?

OUCH! That sucks. Glad you weren't hurt worse, Bob. Looks the the rest of the ride was good though. Nice pics.

By crappity, that doesn't look like the kind of ride for me! :lol: Ouch!

Paul saying something about porous borders... he made a short about it

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3029.jpg

DSCN3031.jpg

some of these pics are out of order... I may edit later... or not...

DSCN3032.jpg

DSCN3033.jpg

DSCN3034.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

Next up.. Stagecoach trail, then back to the border...

We had a discussion at some point, which bike was better for this type of trail... can't say we really came to any conclusions, other than this trail is fun on anything

Paul has some video, and his shockumentary, which I am sure he will post in Members Only, or link to his Political Viewpoint Website

DSCN3037.jpg

DSCN3038.jpg

DSCN3040.jpg

DSCN3041.jpg

DSCN3042.jpg

DSCN3043.jpg

That's about it folks... off to the hot tub

Man, glad you AND the bike are OK...and you still got your ride in......could have been a disaster!..great pics...looks like a fun day....

Are those towers in Inkopah near the Desert View site?.....If so, I surveyed a couple of those....

the chain was fine... the two posts have seen better days... need new fork boots and new underwear... thanks for asking :lol:

Jeeeesus Bikeslut! You're supposed to bunnyhop those things :lol:

Glad to see your not injured worse! The rest of the ride looked great though. Sorry I didn't come :lol:

the chain was fine... the two posts have seen better days... need new fork boots and new underwear... thanks for asking :lol:

Heal up fast you old guys cant take that kind of beating anymore ;P

That's pretty scary glad you were not more severely injured.

Maybe just start wearing brown underwear. :lol:

Heal up fast you old guys cant take that kind of beating anymore ;P

That's pretty scary glad you were not more severely injured.

I've seen that chain it pissed me off to. I would never have thought to tear it down with my bike - KUDOS

chain near the birdman?

looked pretty crappy in the pics.

I met a guy in AZ over vacation that had a similar thing happen to him but no helmet. He hit a barbed wire fence on a quad going 30. The top wire went right into his mouth and cut him a 140 stich joker smile. They had to air lift him out of the desert near Tuson. Glad you guys are well and you had a good ride. Did you guys go down to the DevCAn entrance after the drain hole? Its very doable trail.

whats that goofy tire on the back of the drz?

Glad you are okay. That chain crap sucks. I had a friend killed in 1971 in the Texas woods when someone put a barbed wire between 2 trees on one of our trails.

Glad you're ok Bob, hitting that chain had to be fairly high on the suck scale.

I met Bikeslut 7am sharp at Alpine's Carl's Jr. for a jaunt to Jacumba. The 2 stroke had new spark plug. This was also my first ride donning the $30 yellow rain jacket from Cycle Gear with rarely used blue pants. I knew the yellow and blue did not match the orange KTM, but I am old enough to say who cares. In fact, with as many pics of me on this thread I should take up modeling. B)

Bikeslut got a little antsy so he took a warmup spin around the staging area. Within 30 seconds I heard this noise, but I figured it was Bikeslut (aka Superman) so it was unrelated to him. I just looked up, but could not see him. I knew he could not have gone that far, then I could no longer hear his bike. Noise + can't hear him + can't see him = further investigation. So I walk a little (that's house fast this accident happened) and hear my name. I walked further and see the otherwise virile alpha male lying on the ground entangled with his bike in a chain. This is when I am glad to start rides slow. Then he (who could barely breath, let alone talk) sqeaks out: "Shock, take a picture."

Great ride; epic beginning! Nice lunch at Subway after too and back around noon.

Border Fence :unsure: - 5 min - PM me for uncut version w/political/economic commentary

Stagecoach Trail (beautiful views and technical trails) - 4:43

I think the tire is a trials tire maybe the Pirelli MT43 DOT legal one?

Ah, the irony of a superman sticker, as my bike lies on the ground as I stumble around trying to figure out which body part hurts the most

Yes- it is an MT43...traction is good as long as the trail is relativelý firm. When it gets loose or sandy, I'd much rather have a knobby.

It was a good ride; I have medicated and feel a bit better...maybe I'll unload my bike tomorrow and do some maintenance.

On the positive side, it looks like anyone should be able to drive right over that chain on a motorcycle now.

I've never ridden in the Jacumba area. Maybe sometime around mid-March I will check it out.