I've only been there once and didn't pick the best spot. We walked around after and found a nicer place on the south side. Had a beer there. Nice views and his lobster looked better prepared.

Parking is a problem with bikes . Thats why we probley grabbed that one.

Yeah, I was in my truck on a Sunday afternoon. Parking was a big issue that day and took two laps to find a spot.

Correct that there is not any gas in Puerto Nuevo however sometimes an enterprising you man has cans of gas on the south side of PN for as much as he can fleece you for :)

I am using my connections to get preferred parking.

We are going to try to go to Mariscos Puerto Nuevo. My coworker called Luis this morning and warned him we were coming. May be some type of bike rally in the area also ? ( Harleys) I hope Cunana ( parking manager ) can get us parking in front.

Some guys wanted tracks -- but my e mail don,t work on my PC --sorry

Arnie you still have that track . I cant post it up .

It looks like I am out, I only get to do stuff with my daughter every now and then so I am taking her up on an invite, sorry. If it falls thru I will show and just follow the tracks in the dirt till I hit the coast.

Well, since Champ is out...

Actually, plans changed here at home so, out of the kindness of my heart and my "others-first" approach to life, I'll allow someone else to have my spot.

Ride fast, ride safe, enjoy lobster.

I'm out. Chest congestion kept me up all night, probably won't be cleared up by Sunday.

Enjoy fellas.

Just so those slower among us (me) understand, it's 88 miles from gas in Tecate to gas on the coast, not 176 miles between fillups correct? The 690 is way to thirsty for that....

You are not slow, just special. :heh:

Just want to break the bad momentum here by saying that I am still 100% IN! =)

I'm out... Have to do some carb work this weekend.

I just watched the Triumph video again! I'm going to have the "Rock Lobster" song stuck in my head all day Sunday!

Can you post or PM an address to where we are meeting? Thanks!

There is a large gas station at the Tecate Crossing. We'll be hanging out there. It will be pretty tough to miss us

Just so those slower among us (me) understand, it's 88 miles from gas in Tecate to gas on the coast, not 176 miles between fillups correct? The 690 is way to thirsty for that....

You are not slow, just special. :heh:

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Oh nooooo....not another one out, but I'm gonna have to bail also...I just have too much going on in preparation for my trip, and have a lot to do regarding the sidecar rig design and ordering of accessories.

You guys be safe, have a great ride.

I did not plan on going, great nephews Bday party. I live 13 miles from the Tecate crossing. You can park here for beer, I mean Free. Anyone interested??

You can ride 94 or take the border road to the crossing.

Successful trip. Nice small group of hungry riders. So green and the views were great. Had to do a little route finding but it is all good. Explored a new route in Tecate . Did you know that they have a large reservoir in the hills above town ?

Warning pass on bringing a large ADV bike on this ride unless you want to be a ROCK LOBSTER !

post-13700-0-86345900-1458528352_thumb.j

post-13700-0-78622100-1458528696_thumb.j

post-13700-0-23714000-1458528710_thumb.j

Sweet selfies kug, fun day and definitely rocky,i had suspension stripped off bike within 10 minutes of getting home to take to george to redo man was it harsh for me. I wouldnt wanna take my 950 on that track.

Fun day ride with 4 great guys cant wait to do it again.

Next time street tacos and tell tracy to not order the 1 hour mariachi band.

2 quotes i remember:

"How much can we pay them to just go away and stop playing music"

" if you like rocks and if you like whoops then youll really like rocky whoops."