Suspenders

I am simply curious?

Why do BMW riders have such good posture?

Is it the seat?

Maybe the handlebar, seat and foot peg positioning?

Is it the BMW riders themselves?

I have ridden the 1200 GS for an hour or so and forgot to note my posture. Hmm?

Unbeknownst to me, did I have good posture?

I know when I am on the KTM my posture is bad.

Speaking from experience, it is the foot peg, seat, and handle bar relationship. Quite frankly, they are some of the best laid out bikes on the planet as far as ergonomics.

I'm not sure where I saw it but there is a web page I came across a while ago that had the measurements for a good number of bikes that you could plug in your measurements and match it to the bikes to get proper risers, bars and other ilk that would get you into a good posture position for rider size for both sitting and standing. It also would give you your knee and elbow angles in those positions along with the comfortable ergonomic angles for comparison. I just happened to match up pretty good with stock on what I got and it's comfortable. That said it could be that most BMW dealerships push the comfort factors because comfortable riding accessories can be financed in when buying the bike on credit and they want happy customers. I"m not a salesman, but happy customers are repeat customers, and uncomfortable rides don't make happy customers. Btw, It's not a golden spoon, it's the glint off the topical novocaine they use in the finance department before they stuff it in and break it off so the payment doesn't hurt so much.

They all study the Marketing videos. I own one and am almost embarrassed when I ride to the BMW shop with my slouchy posture . I don,t play into the standing up parking lot ride threw routine . What Bikeslut said .

I've had several BMW's..... '00 1150GS, '04 1150GSA, '06 R1200RT, '15 R1200RTW, '07 G650X and have ridden a fair shair of other bikes through the years. My BMW's have fit me very well and through the ergonomics, places me into a natural position to have good posture. That and like Bikeslut says, I have a golden spoon up my posterior.

My 1150gs was the only bike I didn't change everything on to get it to fit me. Stock bars, stock pegs, stock seat. Some rox risers and it was all day comfortable. The ergos naturally put you into the proper posture.

George,

You find it to be very Dangerous, being curious. Didn't you learn anything in school!

They all study the Marketing videos. I own one and am almost embarrassed when I ride to the BMW shop with my slouchy posture . I don,t play into the standing up parking lot ride threw routine . What Bikeslut said .

Oh Curious George!!! It is because you are a Monkey!!!

I am with Kug on this, I own one too and I do not fit the seen!!! nor the posture!!! But love the bike!

Not an owner and never having been an owner of a 2 wheeled BMW (Ive had a couple of 4 wheeled BMWs), I did not quite get the gist of Georges question until I went looking around.....now I get it, you need to wear the correct helmet and boots to extract the proper BMW posture.

post-5813-0-79612500-1442248831.jpg

Its because the seat is so uncomfortable and thats the position that hurts the least. Or the spoon thing

I was wondering what direction this thread would take.

Would it stay positive and informative as intended?

NO

I am now a Monkey!

NO

I am now a Monkey!

sorry... I didn't know you wanted a serious thread...

as others have said; BMW has prided itself on touring bikes with a sporty edge. To tour, you want a good seat/bar/peg positions ... you want to be able to be comfortable for hours on end.

BMW riders have this expectation. They even make sacrifices for it... they'll take the extra weight, lose a few horsepower, endure wonky suspension ideas, because they are comfortable bikes.

My KLR is actually very comfortable, and seating posture is BMW like... but it's ugly, smelly, and slow, so I don't get to park very close to the barista.

there you go, "Curious George the Wrench Monkey"

Guy's, Is the Germany style. Like mom use to say:" Brust raus Bauch rein".

" Brust raus Bauch rein".

Bikeslut's mom says the same thing. And she doesn't know a word of German.

All hilarious! Seriously though it's the layout. I have a 650 and it makes it easy to sit up straight.

I rarely ever sit on the BMW (even in my morning and evening commutes) so I guess "form" is bike dependent and rider dependent on an MX, SX, Enduro, or DS.

I rarely ever sit on the BMW (even in my morning and evening commutes) so I guess "form" is bike dependent and rider dependent on an MX, SX, Enduro, or DS.

He lives! Where u been?

CiD

Ya please get in touch with us !!!!

NO

I am now a Monkey!

What's wrong wit u monkey man?? didn't you see my post, you wheelie are not paying attention.