Guest Crusty

Spoiler Alert 2014 Dakar

It seems all the bikes are going to some rear seat tank. Looks like in a crash it dumps fuel on the exhaust and it fires up the bike.

Should we start carrying fire extinguishers?

Guest Crusty

The Honda will be fixed tonight Can't wait till Friday,drinks.gifbye.gif

I feel more stage wins for HRC.

1389321217[/url]' post='165336'] Just wanted to find out where this dudes at.heh.gif

No problem, ... I was laughing with you not at you...the robot thing was funny but I guess you didn't realize it.

I am not a brand guy and in fact I kinda was anti orange but I buy bikes that fit my riding needs . I have had around 50 bikes in my life and 2 were (are) KTM's and 5 or so were Honda's as best I can remember. You need to lighten up.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda except Crusty....lol

I got it. The only way Honda can win the Dakar is to have ASIMO as their # 1 rider. :heh:/>

Belgian motorcycle rider Eric Palante has died at the Dakar Rally, organizers said Friday.

Two other rally-related deaths were reported earlier Friday. Police said two people following the race died on Thursday when their vehicle overturned in rough terrain in northern Argentina.

Police identified the pair on Friday as Agustin Ignacio Mina, 19, and Daniel Eduardo Ambrosio, 51.

Guest Crusty

7997_dak14_barreda_stage6_5607.jpg

TEAM HRC makes it to the break with Joan Barreda in second place.

It was a fourth place finish for Joan Barreda, and sixth for Hélder Rodrigues in this, the sixth stage of the Dakar 2014, which finished today in the city of Salta, Argentina. Both riders will be poised to attack from good positions when the the second part of the rally recommences.

It will be a well-deserved day of rest for the riders at the camp in Salta after six days of some of the most gruelling Dakar to date. It was, once again, a mountain stage full of hard ground, rocks, a lot of dust, some fesh-fesh and a fair share of animals.

Joan Barreda finished in fourth place in the transition stage of today, taking no chances in the limited visibility and clouds of dust produced by the competitors up ahead. In doing so, the Spanish rider consolidates his position, and will be looking to push hard when the second week of the Rally Dakar gets underway.

Helder too, stated how difficult it had been to gain any precious seconds on his rivals. It had been a blessing to the other riders to have started out in front. Rodrigues finished in sixth and moves up into eighth overall position. Argentino Javier Pizzolito crossed the line in 29th place.

It was a pass with honours for the riders from Honda Argentina Rally Team, Laia Sanz and ‘Cacha’ Rodríguez who continue in the race. Laia Sanz, who picked up a one-hour penalty for missing a waypoint, today made up for the places dropped in the overall standings and is now back in 20th place. Pablo Rodríguez, not wanting to take any chances after a fall yesterday, took it calmly and finished in 43rd.

TEAM HRC would like to make a special mention for Belgian rider Eric Palante, who passed away during the course of the fifth stage. Palante, a veteran and great aficionado of the Cross-Country Rallies was taking part in this his 11th Dakar on a Honda. Our most sincere condolences go out to family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Joan Barreda 4th +2'22 TEAM HRC

We made it to the half-way point at the rally here in Salta. We are happy, but it certainly hasn’t been an easy week, with a few problems, particularly yesterday. Today was a day for catching the group ahead. It was really difficult to overtake with the fesh-fesh, but it worked out and we will be setting off with the leading group on Sunday’s Salta – Bolivia stage. We’ll be giving it our best.

Helder Rodrigues 6th +4'21 TEAM HRC

Another day at the Dakar. The first part has finished. Today was a very technical day with a lot of dust and loads of dangerous curves. It was a very different special. They have been very quick and very dusty. The second special was really fast... and not so fast. Where you don’t really gain anything, but you can lose everything. Sixth in today’s standings isn’t bad. We shall fight on.

Classification Stage 6

1 Alain Duclos 04:21'34 FRA SHERCO Sherco Rally Factory

2 Marc Coma +01'15 ESP KTM KTM Red Bull Rally Factory

3 Mickael Metge +01'49 FRA YAMAHA Yamaha Racing

4 Joan Barreda +02'22 ESP HONDA TEAM HRC

5 Cyril Despres +02'55 FRA YAMAHA Yamaha Racing

6 Helder Rodrigues +04'21 PRT HONDA TEAM HRC

7 Stefan Svitko +07'46 SLO KTM Oraving Slovnaft Team

8 Kuba Przygonski +08'12 POL KTM KTM Rally Factory

9 Jordi Viladoms +10'26 ESP GAS GAS Gas Gas JVO Team

10 Jeremias Israel +11'13 CHL SPEEDBRAIN Team Speedbrain

General standings after Stage 6

1 Marc Coma 23:08'00 ESP KTM KTM Red Bull Rally Factory

2 Joan Barreda +42'17 ESP HONDA TEAM HRC

3 Alain Duclos +01:00'58 FRA SHERCO Sherco Rally Factory

4 Jordi Viladoms +01:08'09 ESP GAS GAS Gas Gas JVO Team

5 Jeremias Israel +01:33'28 CHL SPEEDBRAIN Team Speedbrain

6 Olivier Pain +01:43'08 FRA YAMAHA Yamaha Racing

7 Kuba Przygonski +01:49'59 POL KTM KTM Rally Factory

8 Helder Rodrigues +02'01'24 PRT HONDA TEAM HRC

9 David Casteu +02:12'05 FRA KTM Team Casteu

10 Daniel Gouet +02:17'26 CHI HONDA Tamarugal Honda Racing XC Rally Team

Guest Crusty

RIP.

TEAM HRC would like to make a special mention for Belgian rider Eric Palante, who passed away during the course of the fifth stage. Palante, a veteran and great aficionado of the Cross-Country Rallies was taking part in this his 11th Dakar on a Honda. Our most sincere condolences go out to family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Holy ---- what the hell did I just read... :\

Can't we just read about the race rather than what factory team is better than another?

It's never the bike, it's always the rider.

Seriously, STFU about this fan boy stuff, NO ONE wants to hear it or read it.

No wonder I don't read these forums much anymore.

At least you didn't get a PM from "Team Red" like I did...

"Do you think you could keep up with a 2005 XR 650 L in the dirt on your 950?"

It used to be amusing now it's getting lame.

I don't remember the amusing time

Darn, I thought I was the lucky one to get a PM.

Guest Crusty

Darn, I thought I was the lucky one to get a PM.

SORRY ,,BUT I AM VERY HAPPY MY TEAM is DOING SO WELL

IF you don't like it don't read it 10 times a day.

If anything is bad PLEASE press DELETE and NUKE the thread

but don't Whine.friends.gif

good.gif

If you weren't acting like such a fucking baby all the god damn time we wouldn't have to read your asinine posts.

You're the ONLY guy on the SDAR forums that posts in that manner, literally the ONLY one. It is YOU that needs to change not anyone else.

Did Anyone notice how many stage wins Sherco won? and how many different brands in still in the mix, this years "dakar" is a really good dramatic one!

Since the "Dakar" started as a race from Paris to Dakar... and then moved to South America due to threats against participants.

Do you think they'll ever change the name?

Do you ever think they'll go back?

I for one am a no & no...

They've already changed the name, originally it was Paris-Dakar. seems they're using "Dakar" as a name now and not as a meaning.

I have some brand preferences, but really I enjoy the riders; the spectacle...the camaraderie and the competition

I like the scenery of Dakar...I daydream what it would be like to be there, riding.

+1

Did Anyone notice how many stage wins Sherco won? and how many different brands in still in the mix, this years "dakar" is a really good dramatic one!

Yes and Yes.

In my opinion that is because the Dakar is a real race. A race any reasonably well funded team can be competitive in. To compare, the Baja races are not. The ability to pre-run the race course weeks in advance and use helicopter spotters is an event that only those teams with the deepest pockets can compete in. Factor in that the Baja Races aren't a big deal outside of our region and you'll now understand why Honda has owned the events and other manufacturers don't bother.

hodnett,

No and No. It used to be "Paris to Dakar" rally which was shortened to "Dakar". It is a marketable brand now. Too much of Africa is still a political mess with no end in the foreseeable future. The countries of South America have welcomed the rally with open arms. Other than tradition the organizers have no reason to go back to Africa.

In my opinion that is because the Dakar is a real race. A race any reasonably well funded team can be competitive in. To compare, the Baja races are not. The ability to pre-run the race course weeks in advance and use helicopter spotters is an event that only those teams with the deepest pockets can compete in. Factor in that the Baja Races aren't a big deal outside of our region and you'll now understand why Honda has owned the events and other manufacturers don't bother

Jon I completly disagree. The Dakar is not a real race. The more money you have, the more support and extra supplies(motors, parts) the better you will do. Imagine if nascar, Leman being able to replace/ rebuild the engine. Takes the durability factor right out of it(in my opinion).

1389552917[/url]' post='165551']

In my opinion that is because the Dakar is a real race. A race any reasonably well funded team can be competitive in. To compare, the Baja races are not. The ability to pre-run the race course weeks in advance and use helicopter spotters is an event that only those teams with the deepest pockets can compete in. Factor in that the Baja Races aren't a big deal outside of our region and you'll now understand why Honda has owned the events and other manufacturers don't bother.

Agreed, that's why I decided to run support for a buddy riding this:

http://www.bajarallymoto.com/baja-rally-20.html

A Dakar rally format race held right here in Baja. Last year was a 2 day test run event and this year it is a 5 day event. Check it out!

Thread jack over