KTMrad

Stoopid Rock- Out of Commission for While

Went riding with my friend Ed Sunday....Viejas Grade then Boulder Creek and Cedar Creek. On Cedar....I hit a rock that was sticking out from the edge of trail but hidden by brush....my foot impacted the rock and caused the injury....then I went down. Immediately knew I broke something in my foot. Ed came back a few minutes later and had to lift my 950 up and help me on my bike. I rode out of there backo to Descanso then pavement home. Ed took me to ER at Sharp.....well I :did it good this time.....all 5 metatarsels broken and fractured ankle. The foot bones are misaligned from one toe to the other....surgery this Friday....out of work for awhile.

All this on a day ride after I just got back from a 12 day 2300 mile trip.....glad it didn't happen on my trip.

Big plus at Sharp Grossmont was all the people who helped me were friendly and cool....and a lot of hotties workin' at Sharp....good scenery ! Home now until Friday surgery.

Is the bike OK ?

Good luck on foot repair.

Do you need a driver or any think?

Went riding with my friend Ed Sunday....Viejas Grade then Boulder Creek and Cedar Creek. On Cedar....I hit a rock that was sticking out from the edge of trail but hidden by brush....my foot impacted the rock and then I went down. Immediately knew I broke something in my foot. Home now until Friday surgery.

Ouch, Randy. Sorry to hear it.

I hate to even ask, but how about some photographic evidence?:mellow:/>

Get better soon, buddy!

Damn.

There is another rock like that half way on santa ysabel, it's on the right in a right turn (heading towards black canyon). Admitely you'd have to be leaning in to hit it but it happened to me once with the front of my skid plate and although i managed to stay upright it was a very close call and this turn is now registered in my memory for a while.

Get well soon Randy

Broke mine the same way (and same injury) at Corral over a decade ago, heal up quick!

If ya need anything, errands, just to get outta the house, don't hesitate to ask. I couldn't stand being cooped up with my collarbone years ago so shout if ya need something.

Sorry to hear that Randy. Injuries are a drag, especially the ones with the lengthy healing time. I have to go out to bagstr's place one day soon, maybe I will stop by and stock up the beer supply.

Guest Crusty

Ouch,,Hope you heal up fast!

I woke up from my surgery a couple years ago with a HOT young nurse with tats in all the right places.

I didn't know where I was or what I had done the night beforerolleyes.gif.

The pain killer was wearing off, and my knee started to hurt, she looked at me and said "Now you know where you are"heh.gif

That's exactly what I did last year. Slight ankle fracture and metatarsals broken in two places with complete displacement. I got my orthopedic boot 6 weeks after surgery and started riding with it at 7 weeks. :) Just couldn't take it anymore.

Best of luck with recovery. I'll throw out an offer for help as well. I'm in North County, but I have a truck and can make the drive if needed.

Sorry to hear that Randy. Was good seeing you at the meeting last week. Just curious, were your boots stiff with good foot protection or more soft/flexible?

Damn Randy - BUMMER No wonder I didn't hear from you on Sunday.

The reason I asked if you needed a Driver for the Docs..

Is because last Monday went down on some rocks at Lake Morena top of N.Kerman

Rode the rest the day because had to get home (another 75 miles) and when I got home the wife would not take me to the ER.(She was PISSED)

ER visit broken ribs collapsed lung . Pain meds. and breathing Incentive Spirometer sent home good to go. Wife still pissed.

So I feel for you.

Looks like a lot of members have made the injured list, lately! Broken feet, hands, ribs, etc. <_<

Randy, I feel for you. I blew up my left foot at Perris MX track about 10 years ago. My foot was completely reconstructed from bone graphs taken from my shin and hip. It's a bad injury so I pray you have a very good surgeon because it will be very important on how your foot lines up with your knee and hip about 10 years down the road.

Thanks for the offers of help everyone !

When it comes to people helping others on this site....you all are great !

What a great group we have here. Thanks to you all.

Damn Randy, sorry to hear it. I hope your beer fridge is well stocked!

Doc said surgery went well....all bones realigned....pins come out in 4 weeks.

Today has been the worst pain since last Sunday but guess having pins sticking out of your foot and bones being realigned it should be expected.

All is good and will heal just find.

Codyboy is having withdrawals....wondering why I'm laying around and we're not going to Ocean Beach....gotta get him down there soon....poor boy.