dirt dame

Finally got the vintage racer finished....

I bought an old Hodaka last spring and worked on it all summer. I finished (at least as far as it's going to be done for now) last month. I'll pour some gas in it and start it up one of these days.

The day I brought it home. Looks better in the picture than in real life....

IMG_0921.jpg

Lots of rust....

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Missing spokes, bad cables, blah blah blah....so I stripped it down and started over.

Paint....

102_0405.jpg

tires, tubes and spokes....

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

and new shock absorbers.

IMG_1158.jpg

Bars, levers, forks, seat cover and a new tank....pretty much ready to go.

IMG_1353.jpg

Super Rat ready for the rat race.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

It looks AWESOME Mimi! Great job. So are you going to take it out and race some of the vintage events? It looks too nice to take out and get messed up.

Nice work Mimi! You will have to bring it to the dash so we can get a first hand look.

It looks AWESOME Mimi! Great job. So are you going to take it out and race some of the vintage events? It looks too nice to take out and get messed up.

I restored it for actual use rather than to showroom specs, so it will get used. Besides, how much do I ever manage to mess up any of my other bikes? :party:

Mimi, great job and welcome to the Hodaka Nation. It will be nice to see another lady out there with Kaylie. And yes these bikes are better when on the track.

4cd9a23.jpg

Verry Nice -I would like to hear what it sounds like. Like almost all of us we had a Hodaka at one time.

And yes these bikes are better when on the track.

Mimi,

that's a sweet little ride.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor out on the track. I know it won't be sitting around the garage like so many of those restored bikes are.

S

Brings back memories for sure. ACE 100, then the Super Combat 125.

Very nice job, Mimi.

Thanks for all the remarks! One thing is for sure if you restore a vintage bike....it will cost you more money than if you bought one that is already restored. This bike had had two prior owners that started restoration and then lost interest. Making the commitment to see the restoration all the way through is both very time and money consuming. I probably won't be doing another one very soon. But at least choosing a Hodaka was the right choice. The Hodaka community is a very tight knit group of enthusiasts that know where all the parts are, and are very social at the races, and helpful with information about the brand. Parts tend to be relatively easy to find compared to some vintage makes. :drinks: