Crawdaddy

Goofy Footer and TnTmo's Noob Run

Boys - Thanks for suggesting/hosting the nOOb ride today......nice turnout....

I started off from Packards on a WR250X while a rider from ADVRider tried out my WR250R....he's considering buying a 21/18 wheel set for his X.....

Then I led Gary, Shannon, and Todd on a local spin/tour of Lusardi TT, Black Mtn TT, Santa Isabel TT, Lake Sutherland.....followed by a beer at The Hideout......then back to Ramona...

Only snapped one photo of Shannon/Todd with Santa Isabel TT in the background

IMAG1379-1.jpg

Looking forward to YOUR trail tales/photos.....

PS: Papa Alex, that Ural is The BOMB.....love it!

Good turnout, you say? There had to be close to 40 bikes there! I suggested this ride to Tim over a couple beers at the Greek Sombrero after our last noob ride, but wasn't expecting quite the interest in a basic dual sport ride. I guess it comes down to just wanting to get out and get some miles together with good friends and meet some new friends.

Anyway, I was riding last sweep so didn't get much for pictures. I was lucky enough to be accompanied by the other T of TnTMo and she had a lot of fun.

One rider had a minor incident on Boulder Creek Rd, tucked the front on a right hander and landed the bike on top of him. He made it to Viejas to wait for a ride home.

Alpine Brewery was packed so a few of us went to Flinn Springs Inn for food/drink. I'm still stuffed.

Fun times, I don't think we can out-do this one!

T&T's bikes

8156247033_0174993ccf.jpg

IMAG0191 by tntmo2, on Flickr

It's lonely in the back. :(

8156284086_bf89633f44.jpg

IMAG0195 by tntmo2, on Flickr

Thanks guys...great ride! We hit Pine Creek to Sunrise Hwy then back down through Julian after lunch, stopped at Cheers for a bite by way of Old Jlulian twisties - I think Randy was hunting for some crotch rockets to lay waste on.....

Thanks to Goofy Footer and all of the others who put this ride together and kept it together. At times, it looked like they were herding cats and a rather thankless job. We all got to have tons of fun, the leaders/sweepers got a boat load of work. A HUGE THANKS, fun-fun-fun.

post-15065-011583200 1352085341_thumb.jp

post-15065-082917500 1352085352_thumb.jp

post-15065-074371800 1352085362_thumb.jp

What's missing in this picture??? Bonus points!

post-15065-000891000 1352085376_thumb.jp

OUCH!!!!

post-15065-072587700 1352085647_thumb.jp

post-15065-053535300 1352085517_thumb.jp

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures on the trail. Sensory overload! Next time I will.

996Pilot

Dan

Great ride and turnout....wow, about 40 bikes at Packards, then a couple groups did their own thing, and then we had 2 other groups for the main ride....I led the fast group with 8 bikes, and Goofy Footer (Tim) led the casual group with about 15 riders, and tntmo was sweep.

Many thanks to Goofy Footer and tntmo for putting this one together.

I'll post pics later or tomorrow night. Just got home after 7pm after a burger and brew at Cheers in Ramona with Afry and his wife Christy, and Maddog Mike.

Great day, great ride, got to see many SDAR folks and also met a bunch of new ones.

Nice to see and meet so many people for a Sunday morning ride. The local area has a lot of great riding. We branched off early from the main group and explored some new territory.

Top of Black Mtn. If you look far enough you can see the ocean.

post-2726-068749700 1352087368_thumb.jpg

post-2726-007267900 1352087386_thumb.jpg

post-2726-021156300 1352087490_thumb.jpg

Great ride and turnout....wow, about 40 bikes at Packards, then a couple groups did their own thing, and then we had 2 other groups for the main ride....I led the fast group with 8 bikes, and Goofy Footer (Tim) led the casual group with about 15 riders, and tntmo was sweep.

Many thanks to Goofy Footer and tntmo for putting this one together.

I'll post pics later or tomorrow night. Just got home after 7pm after a burger and brew at Cheers in Ramona with Afry and his wife Christy, and Maddog Mike.

Great day, great ride, got to see many SDAR folks and also met a bunch of new ones.

Randy, not sure how RiggerDan and I lost you guys after Alpine Brewery. We looked at the local gas stations but never found you guys. We ended up at Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma for the sunset. 190 miles today for me, with no wipe outs or drops! That's a first

Great turnout for a great ride. Goofy and Tnt have done it again, thanks guys.

I definitely had my share of controlled slides today trying to keep up, but my skills are improving so it's worth it and no falls to be had. Beers and food tasted even better for my second visit to Alpine Brewery. Charlie, I don't know how you guys missed us, especially with Dan's radio haha. We stopped for a good 5 minutes at the first gas station after you passed us. Good to hear you still got some more riding in. We doubled back up Viejas and then to Pine Valley. Great little road through the fall leaves with enough daylight left to blind you in dust.

Here's what was left of the stragglers

Y07CE.jpg

View of the ocean from Viejas Grade Road(camera obviously missed it)

Yf1g3.jpg

Picture of Randy taking a picture while we stop for a quick bike fix.

iP6Qy.jpg

Didn't take many pics today as we were too busy riding. I put in over 200 door to door. Hoping to do more next time.

Randy, not sure how RiggerDan and I lost you guys after Alpine Brewery. We looked at the local gas stations but never found you guys. We ended up at Sunset Cliffs in Point Loma for the sunset. 190 miles today for me, with no wipe outs or drops! That's a first

From the 76 gas station we saw you both ride by ... and didn't come back. Sorry we lost each other. Our ride put us up into the forest and dumped us out on Sunrise Hwy. After sucking down some Gatoraides in Santa Ysabel, we headed off in different directions. My total mileage was 228 - of course I live up in Temecula.

Awesome day!

WOA... I never expected the huge turnout we got today, rock on! There were 40 something bikes at Packard's this morning, probably the most of any informal ride in SDAR history! I was especially glad to see so many fresh new faces exploring the trails and having fun. I met a few guys who hadn't even registered for the forum! There were 5 groups total.

Huge thanks to tntmo for the idea for this ride and for riding sweep on the Casual Group I was leading. Big shout outs to KTMrad for leading the fast group and to tvscum and Hodnetjj for leading/sweeping the other casual group!

Crawdaddy took some folks around Ramona while dsfox and crew hit the trails too. Props to Maniac for bringing his gf to meet 40 dualsport guys, I hope she had a blast!

In my Casual Group there was myself, tntmo, tntmo's better half, tntBROMO, 996pilot, blyth blyth, papaalex, stoke, and 2 blue KLRs (post up cause I don't remember if I ever got your screen names!). I was stoked to hear that for a few riders, this was their first time in the dirt. That is exactly what a nOOb ride is supposed to be about - introducing new people to dualsporting and seeing new trails. We had one crash and a totally broken brake lever but the rider rode nearly all of Boulder Creek and Vejas Grade without any front brake. Very impressive for his first time in the dirt! I look forward to seeing YOU on the trail again!

I had some interesting moments coming down boulder creek as I was running high psi and I need to repair my rear brake master cylinder/hose... lots of sliding the rear tail out to the right. I think KTMrad might have a picture ha.

I only took 2 pictures, one of the ocean from Boulder Creek and the other of food at the Flinn. I'll upload them tomorrow. It was great grabbing lunch at the Flinn with the 12 guys who made it there. I'm glad everybody made it home safe.

Thanks for coming everybody! Lots of smiles for sure! Until next time....

Good turnout, you say? There had to be close to 40 bikes there! I suggested this ride to Tim over a couple beers at the Greek Sombrero after our last noob ride, but wasn't expecting quite the interest in a basic dual sport ride. I guess it comes down to just wanting to get out and get some miles together with good friends and meet some new friends.

Anyway, I was riding last sweep so didn't get much for pictures. I was lucky enough to be accompanied by the other T of TnTMo and she had a lot of fun.

One rider had a minor incident on Boulder Creek Rd, tucked the front on a right hander and landed the bike on top of him. He made it to Viejas to wait for a ride home.

Alpine Brewery was packed so a few of us went to Flinn Springs Inn for food/drink. I'm still stuffed.

Fun times, I don't think we can out-do this one!

T&T's bikes

8156247033_0174993ccf.jpg

IMAG0191 by tntmo2, on Flickr

It's lonely in the back. :(

8156284086_bf89633f44.jpg

IMAG0195 by tntmo2, on Flickr

Thank you Tntmo for helping get back on the road after my crash. It is learning experience!!! Next time I bring an extra brake lever :-)

Phil

WOA... I never expected the huge turnout we got today, rock on! There were 40 something bikes at Packard's this morning, probably the most of any informal ride in SDAR history! I was especially glad to see so many fresh new faces exploring the trails and having fun. I met a few guys who hadn't even registered for the forum! There were 5 groups total.

Huge thanks to tntmo for the idea for this ride and for riding sweep on the Casual Group I was leading. Big shout outs to KTMrad for leading the fast group and to tvscum and Hodnetjj for leading/sweeping the other casual group!

Crawdaddy took some folks around Ramona while dsfox and crew hit the trails too. Props to Maniac for bringing his gf to meet 40 dualsport guys, I hope she had a blast!

In my Casual Group there was myself, tntmo, tntmo's better half, tntBROMO, 996pilot, blyth blyth, papaalex, stoke, and 2 blue KLRs (post up cause I don't remember if I ever got your screen names!). I was stoked to hear that for a few riders, this was their first time in the dirt. That is exactly what a nOOb ride is supposed to be about - introducing new people to dualsporting and seeing new trails. We had one crash and a totally broken brake lever but the rider rode nearly all of Boulder Creek and Vejas Grade without any front brake. Very impressive for his first time in the dirt! I look forward to seeing YOU on the trail again!

I had some interesting moments coming down boulder creek as I was running high psi and I need to repair my rear brake master cylinder/hose... lots of sliding the rear tail out to the right. I think KTMrad might have a picture ha.

I only took 2 pictures, one of the ocean from Boulder Creek and the other of food at the Flinn. I'll upload them tomorrow. It was great grabbing lunch at the Flinn with the 12 guys who made it there. I'm glad everybody made it home safe.

Thank you for organizing this and for your guidance. I will definitely join future rides once I fix up my bike.

Phil

Thanks to Goofy Footer and all of the others who put this ride together and kept it together. At times, it looked like they were herding cats and a rather thankless job. We all got to have tons of fun, the leaders/sweepers got a boat load of work. A HUGE THANKS, fun-fun-fun.

post-15065-011583200 1352085341_thumb.jp

post-15065-082917500 1352085352_thumb.jp

post-15065-074371800 1352085362_thumb.jp

What's missing in this picture??? Bonus points!

post-15065-000891000 1352085376_thumb.jp

OUCH!!!!

post-15065-072587700 1352085647_thumb.jp

post-15065-053535300 1352085517_thumb.jp

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures on the trail. Sensory overload! Next time I will.

996Pilot

Dan

Thanks for pictures of my bike and knees. I missed the chance of hanging out with you guys at lunch.

Phil

Thank you Tntmo for helping get back on the road after my crash. It is learning experience!!! Next time I bring an extra brake lever :-)

Phil

Phil,

I'm glad that you weren't seriously injured and were able to ride it out. For a first time dirt rider, you were prepared for almost anything...not having a brake lever is ok. Get out and do some more dirt riding and your riding skill will improve rapidly. This ride was put together to get new riders out there like this, so glad you showed up.

Tom

Looks like a great time. You killed the 27 rider PMB & TH border ride. Nice job. There's a lot of work that goes into organizing and making sure all are safe but with a smile. Good on ya.

Phil, I couldn't tell, but if you don't have handguards on the bike, it'll help. I think I would've strewn levers 'tween here and Nevada without mine. I just replaced mine - mostly due to an upcoming color change for the bike - so I have a set of blue ones if you want to see if they fit. You can always replace the "guards" to a color other than blue.

Man, that was fun. Thanks for making my first time out on the dirt such an enjoyable experience guys: everyone, the other riders, the folks that organized it, the lead (goofy footer), the sweep (tntomo, right?!) for my casual group. I'm looking forward to the next ride and getting better at dirt. By the end of this ride, I was learning to relax and flow a bit more. Not too dissimilar from what you're supposed to do in surfing, actually. Phil, way to champ it out after getting bloodied up like that. I hope I see you again on the next ride, as well as everyone else in my group.

post-15095-006097300 1352135482_thumb.jp

post-15095-014921900 1352135514_thumb.jp

post-15095-055418500 1352135533_thumb.jp

post-15095-006622100 1352135558_thumb.jp

post-15095-033034700 1352135586_thumb.jp

post-15095-002542200 1352135624_thumb.jp

post-15095-003899400 1352135658_thumb.jp

post-15095-091205500 1352135676_thumb.jp

Looks like a great time. You killed the 27 rider PMB & TH border ride. Nice job. There's a lot of work that goes into organizing and making sure all are safe but with a smile. Good on ya.

Phil, I couldn't tell, but if you don't have handguards on the bike, it'll help. I think I would've strewn levers 'tween here and Nevada without mine. I just replaced mine - mostly due to an upcoming color change for the bike - so I have a set of blue ones if you want to see if they fit. You can always replace the "guards" to a color other than blue.

Thanks Ken,

I just happened to order the handguards for my bike along with the brake levers.

Phil

Great to see many riders show up......

Another beautiful day in San Diego

Heres a few random shots from the phone

post-14289-085371100 1352137832_thumb.jp

post-14289-051574000 1352137867_thumb.jp

post-14289-033531800 1352137901_thumb.jp

post-14289-025780900 1352137935_thumb.jp

post-14289-086308700 1352137968_thumb.jp

post-14289-081304000 1352138001_thumb.jp

post-14289-079751900 1352138034_thumb.jp

post-14289-095227400 1352138073_thumb.jp

post-14289-038326100 1352138104_thumb.jp

post-14289-069787400 1352138134_thumb.jp

post-14289-044271200 1352138164_thumb.jp

post-14289-030428700 1352138194_thumb.jp

post-14289-029051700 1352138222_thumb.jp

post-14289-065280700 1352138249_thumb.jp

post-14289-022843100 1352138273_thumb.jp

post-14289-051372900 1352138296_thumb.jp

Friggin awesome guys! I was in but wife got called into work. Love hearing about and seeing the fantastic turnout. Goofy and tntmo thanks for showing what a close knit and welcoming club SDAR is to everyone.

Thank you to all of the organizer and sweeper. I had a Great time with the fast group and cant wait to get the TT600 back on the dirt. :D

A nearly perfect Sunday. Thanks for all the work from the organizers, leaders, and sweepers. I've been wanting to get a bike out on the trails for the past two years I've been here, and yesterday convinced me I should have pulled the trigger sooner! This was a great way to start out and meet a bunch of new people. I hope I'll be seeing y'all soon on another ride.

Thank you and tntmo so much for a great ride. I'm one of the two blue KLRs, my hubby was on the other one. We enjoyed the day and got to get out on some roads we've been wanting to hit.

Thank you and tntmo so much for a great ride. I'm one of the two blue KLRs, my hubby was on the other one. We enjoyed the day and got to get out on some roads we've been wanting to hit.

You two did great handling those KLR's out there. Thanks for showing up, my wife was happy not to be the only lady in the group.

I led the middle group with Hodnetjj sweeping. We bypassed Santa Isabel TT but decided to go for the second "red" trail, Cedar Creek Falls Road, with a Ural joining the pack. I kept looking behind me and that Russian sidecar was right there the whole way. This was the best SD Dualsport ride yet! Maybe because I wasn't eating dust! But hey, we all had a great time and nobody in our group munched it. Thanks to that Goofy organizer! Now, if we could just figure out how to pack that Ural sidecar with ice and a keg...

Thanks Tim and Tom.....for organizing.. :party: .Great to see so many old and new friends....out for the gorgeous summer like November morning.

Rode with a great group: bluefin2na, maniac (and maggie) , bigwvjumper, tubebender (and virginia) many of my death valley friends....we headed out first, in hopes to avoid some dust...the fall colors in the mountains were awesome....Due to some time restraints, We veered off the route before reaching alpine and took engineer road over to lunch at Lake Cuyamaca....beautiful spot....Fun day, (despite lots of pavement :()....back up to julian, wynola and return to ramona.....Fun 88 miles, great friends....not many pics...

GATHERING THE TROOPS!

P1010073.jpg

Our fearless Leader....THANKS TIM!!

P1010076.jpg

Lunch spot at the lake

P1010080.jpg

Ian and maggie :wub::wub: glad she had fun....

P1010078.jpg

Tommy's New Motoport gear.....SWEET!!!

P1010072.jpg