kkug

Warner Springs to Anza and More --Jan 30

I thinking of doing a mellow Dual Sport ride. Mostly rambling around on the roads. I am taking my 450. Might ride down to see the closed gate to Coyote Canyon, Up Thomas MTN. Poke Around ,and lunch in Anza.

Old School no GPS tracks just maps . Medium pace.Noob friendly but must be prepared. Bike gassed,air in tires,well maintained, proper riding gear !

Thinking of parking near the Glider Airport by the big tree- Hwy 79 Meet 9-9:15 Clutch out 9:30 AM

Later

I have been wanting to try that area for a long time, if I can swing leaving my kid home for the day I'm in. Calling KLXBEN , this is the ride you have been talking about for months.

Oh boy new tires and new territory!

I is excited!

Love riding that area! .......I would join you BUT, I'm heading to Death Valley on Thursday for 5 days..finally get to ride there... :D

I'd be in Kug if i was going to be around. Heading to India for a couple of weeks to sample their food and try their public transportation. I'll give you a call when I get back. Are you doing the Dash?

Covered in Curry

Been meaning to check out that ride, was going to go the other way(anza to warner) but might as well go with others, I think I'll take palomar divide in from aguanga just to make it more scenic...

Will probably head north/west from anza up some harder trails if anyone is interested in continuing the ride with a bit more difficulty...

RJ

Will probably head north/west from anza up some harder trails if anyone is interested in continuing the ride with a bit more difficulty...

Sounds like somebody has a hankering to go up Allesandro. No thanks! :rolleyes:

Allesandro is a bitchin' trail !

Actually rode Maddog Mike's R100GS Airhead up it on one of Malcolm's No Wimps Ride....don't ask why I was riding his bike :lol:

Guest Crusty

Allesandro is a bitchin' trail !

X2

Hixon will get you to the top too :D

Interested. How late are you looking to finish. Will be riding down from Temecula.

I am thinking we would get back to Warner Springs around 4:30. Just a guess.

You could bug out in Anza and ride home from their.

P.S. I don,t plan on doing Hixton trails.

Interested. How late are you looking to finish. Will be riding down from Temecula.

I am thinking we would get back to Warner Springs around 4:30. Just a guess.

You could bug out in Anza and ride home from their.

P.S. I don,t plan on doing Hixton trails.

sorry for hijacking, anybody that does want to go, talk to me during the ride, I'll be on the crf230l

I may be up for this one, it's a fun ride.

Oh, if we dip down into Coyote Canyon there may be some deeep sand, took my XR250 down there last spring and had to flog her pretty good to stay afloat in a few places.

The rewards can be worth it tho....

post-3850-005366300 1295916214_thumb.jpg

Bumping this ride up front if anybody else is interested. Or if any new plans have emerged. Uncle Champ and I are planning on being there at about 8:30. KKug still leading?

Ben.

I think I'll sneak away from the house and join you guys.

Can girls come too or is this a testosterone only ride???? PitCrew and I were planning to ride on Sunday.....

I'll probably meet up for this one. I'm up for whatever the group wants to do.

Is this still the plan:

"Thinking of parking near the Glider Airport by the big tree- Hwy 79 Meet 9-9:15 Clutch out 9:30 AM"

Is this still the plan:

"Thinking of parking near the Glider Airport by the big tree- Hwy 79 Meet 9-9:15 Clutch out 9:30 AM"

yes the ride is still on.I will talk more when I get to my home computer tonite. Later!

When you get the start point/time nailed down can you give a map or coordinates etc. since I don't know the area that well.

XTSTEVE

...Thinking of parking near the Glider Airport by the big tree- Hwy 79 Meet 9-9:15 Clutch out 9:30 AM

That should be right around here...south side of road.

33.285094, -116.664535

Is this still the plan:

[/qu

Yes still the plan. The meeting place is aprox 2 miles west of Warner Springs on the South side of 79. Or aprox 1/2 mile west of Lost creek rd.on the south side of 79. Right next to the airport.

I am working on a cold but have all day Sat to fix it.

Later Ken.