FENIX

garmin gpsmap 60csx $199

Amazon has the gold box deals with the garmin gpsmap 60 cx for $199 right now.

Any idea if garmin will fix my 60 csx, one of my cables ripped the antenna off. I've emailed them with no responce yet. 1st time I used it, 2nd day of the Mexico ride. I think if I get it fixed I should maybe move it a little.

cn

Any idea if garmin will fix my 60 csx, one of my cables ripped the antenna off. I've emailed them with no responce yet. 1st time I used it, 2nd day of the Mexico ride. I think if I get it fixed I should maybe move it a little.

cn

Read this

Thanks, I'm going to give them grief as this seems to be a recurring problem. But I will just buy another if they won't deal much.

cn

Read this

Thanks, I'm going to give them grief as this seems to be a recurring problem.

You're going to give them grief because YOU mounted it in the wrong spot?!?! :unsure: .........Call'em up and they'll give you an RMA number to send it back......ask me how I know :lol::lol:

60CSx.jpg

Mine looks just like that. I'm going to give them grief because it probably should be a little more durable if this happens often. I've read about just droping them and breaking the antenna. Did they fix yours or send a replacement unit and what did it cost?

cn

Thanks, I'm going to give them grief as this seems to be a recurring problem.

You're going to give them grief because YOU mounted it in the wrong spot?!?! :unsure: .........Call'em up and they'll give you an RMA number to send it back......ask me how I know :lol::lol:

60CSx.jpg

Chris,

Mine met with a rock while mounted on my bike during the DD. It was technically out of warranty but they asked for my EIN off of the unit, ran it up and told me when I first acquired satellites. The rep was very helpful, gave me an RMA # and covered under warranty.

Cost me my shipping to them. Replacement unit came back quickly....remember to take your card out before shipping.

I was just at Sport Chalet on Midway and in the display case was the 60CSX for $199 and it said with Topo.

The one on Costco is 60Cx, without the compass and altimeter. If you wait around you should be able to find a good deal. I think this series is now superseded by 62 series.

Does anyone know who has them on sale right now? Costco had the lowest price at $219.

Last week Cabala's had them for $199. Now they don't have them listed at all. Meant to grab one but waited to long again.

Thanks B,

Just ordered one!

Cabelas has the bundle for $219 with free shipping. Now I have to do my homework to use it.

Looking at getting a GPS and actually trying to figure it out this time around. Question: Which model should I get 60csx or 60cs? Amazon has the first for $ 229 and the second for & 217.00? Thanks in advance, Sondra

the 60csx is the better unit. Be aware neither comes with anything more than the basemaps, which are sometimes helpful. But don't take my word for it- I have two gps and I just follow Strega.

the 60csx is the better unit. Be aware neither comes with anything more than the basemaps, which are sometimes helpful. But don't take my word for it- I have two gps and I just follow Strega.

What is the difference between the 60 and 76 CSX ? (besides waterproof on the 76 and no ant ext)

76 csx $230

76CSX $230

Ram Mounts ~$35

1GB Card $10

Ship $7

Power cord $20

~~~~~~~~<$300

Reasonable?

S

Same internals, and both are waterproof. The mount for the 76 is more secure and as you pointed out no protruding antennae to break.

What is the difference between the 60 and 76 CSX ? (besides waterproof on the 76 and no ant ext)

76 csx $230

76CSX $230

Ram Mounts ~$35

1GB Card $10

Ship $7

~~~~~~~~<$300

Reasonable?

S

Dunno. I've heard that unit suggested before. Might be like sliced bread.

The 76 has buttons above the map screen, which is a PITA when you can't see the screen as you push buttons.

... and the built-in antenna is nice, but doesn't make up for button placement (IMO).

or thicker glasses :blink::lol:

276 or 376 have slightly bigger screens but they're also bigger $$

The 76 might work for you with a tighter zoom setting on the track........maybe ride with it set at 500' instead of .2 miles?

76 csx $230

76CSX $230

Ram Mounts ~$35

1GB Card $10

Ship $7

Power cord $20

~~~~~~~~<$300

Reasonable?

S

I have both the 76 marine version and the 60 which I use in conjunction with good Topo maps. I like the 76 on my boat, bikes and Jeep (in Page). I like the button placements but I am not usually pushing them with gloves on. I use the 60 here in San Diego. It is more pocket friendly for hiking than the 76. They are both great units but neither will give you the perspective of a good map.

The 76 has buttons above the map screen, which is a PITA when you can't see the screen as you push buttons.

... and the built-in antenna is nice, but doesn't make up for button placement (IMO).

It's not that big a deal. You put your hand on the side and hit the buttons with your thumb anyways. The real beauty on the 76 series is that the mount is BULLET PROOF! Every person I have seen with the 60 series Ram mount has a zip tie holding it on. I know people who have lost their 60s when they fell out. Now, don't get me wrong, I leash mine to the handlebars just in case, but I have never heard of a 76 coming out of the Ram mount. Heck, I have seen bikes flipped over, land on the handlebars and snapped the ball of the Ram mount, but the holder didn't release the 76.

Ask some people here if their brake cables have ever snapped the antenna off their 60 series. I know of a few who will say yes. The software, screen, memory, etc are identical! Just a different case is all. Price wise, if you can get a great deal, go for the 60. But if the price is close, I would go for the 76. Just my opinion.

Oh, and the s models (sensors, compass and altimeter) are not necessary for the casual dualsporter. If you get a great deal on the Cx models, gram them. You wont miss the sensors. And I'm a navigator by trade!