KTMrad

Might Need a Place to Crash on the Dash

My friend Robert with the motorhome might have to backout, and it's too late to get my trailer ready.

Anyone have room in their trailer for me and our Mascot Codyboy as a backup plan ?

And no, I don't snore......I use a breathing machine at night (CPAP).

My friend Robert with the motorhome might have to backout, and it's too late to get my trailer ready.

Anyone have room in their trailer for me and our Mascot Codyboy as a backup plan ?

And no, I don't snore......I use a breathing machine at night (CPAP).

My buddy and I are staying in a 'Rustic Hut'. It's equipped with 1 door, 1 roof, 4 walls, 2 bunk beds and 2 mattresses. If you bring your own air mattresses you guys can use the other bunk. There isn't any electricity but the they told me I can run an extension cord to the hut. I was planning on bringing, an extension cord, power strip & lamp.

EDIT: I just realized Codyboy is a dog. I'll have to check with my buddy if he has a dog allergies.

Hey Randy; You can crash at the Schwinn Inn if you like. There is only myself and Pasta Pilot.

I have never had a dog in our trlr so make sure cody is clean. Your lucky I love cody.

Thanks Schwinn, I'll take you up on that if Robert can't make it.

Schwinn, Randy and Pasta...riding the desert all day...sweaty and dusty...smelling of trail funk

And you're worried about the dog?!?! Dogs have a heightened sense of smell...I'd have a vet on stand by

Schwinn, Randy and Pasta...riding the desert all day...sweaty and dusty...smelling of trail funk

And you're worried about the dog?!?!

:(B)

And you're worried about the dog?!?! Dogs have a heightened sense of smell...I'd have a vet on stand by

My dogs thrive on gross smells! Doggie heaven!

If the Schwinn kicks you out you can stay with us, cody boy too. :o We will be right next door.

I do snore, I think. :blink:

Hey Randy; You can crash at the Schwinn Inn if you like. There is only myself and Pasta Pilot.

I have never had a dog in our trlr so make sure cody is clean. Your lucky I love cody.

Oh Cody the dog has to be clean but Randy doesn't? I'd take Cody before Randy any time!

My buddy and I are staying in a 'Rustic Hut'. It's equipped with 1 door, 1 roof, 4 walls, 2 bunk beds and 2 mattresses. If you bring your own air mattresses you guys can use the other bunk. There isn't any electricity but the they told me I can run an extension cord to the hut. I was planning on bringing, an extension cord, power strip & lamp.

EDIT: I just realized Codyboy is a dog. I'll have to check with my buddy if he has a dog allergies.

I stayed in the Rustic Hut a few years ago. It SUCKED. My recommendation is to bring a cardboard box and duct tape. You'll need these to cover the vents in the top of the hut if you want to maintain a livable temperature in there. Run the cord for a small space heater, you'll want that too.

See ya out there!!

I stayed in the Rustic Hut a few years ago. It SUCKED. My recommendation is to bring a cardboard box and duct tape. You'll need these to cover the vents in the top of the hut if you want to maintain a livable temperature in there. Run the cord for a small space heater, you'll want that too.

See ya out there!!

Hey Pasta: Isnt that the weekend like 4 of you guys almost froze to death in 1 of those huts and you slept in my trlr the next night??

Hey Pasta: Isnt that the weekend like 4 of you guys almost froze to death in 1 of those huts and you slept in my trlr the next night??

That was the year. You probably saved my life that night. I think it was 34 degrees at Butterfield that morning and snowing up in Julian.

Thread jack, But what is a "Rustic Hut"

A wooden tent.

.......Anyone have room in their trailer for me .......

Planes, Trains and Dualsports :curtsey: :)

planestrains.jpg

Since we're WAY off topic here- I was amused at the title of the thread- I'm sure I'll find plenty of places to crash on the dash.

Thread jack, But what is a "Rustic Hut"

They are the Camping Huts not the Rustic Huts as I initially posted.

Best I can tell is they are a shed with a porch.

post-13558-1266535767.jpg

post-13558-1266535786.jpg

Best I can tell is they are a shed with a porch.

well, as long as they aren't full of gardening tools, old lawn mowers and other dusty crud.... :party::blink:

If that water pump bearing isn't fixed, it's gonna be loud as hell over there.

EAR PLUGS

Last year that pump drove me crazy!!! I remember waking up in the middle of the night thinking" Why can I still hear that generator???" I will be bringing earplugs this year.

I'll be in Julian sleeping in what appears to be a little girls room (posters of WR250R?) from the late 19th century with -get this- Laura Ashley linens and matching Laura Ashley patterned wallpaper border. Well, here, I'll show you:

CountryCorner2.jpg

Now, that wouldn't make me a Sallie, would it?