dirt dame

Chiefs Day

Here are some shots from Chief Gunners latest bikey-worky get together. As usual, there was a good gathering including KTMrad, Carguy, Joliet, Bikeslut, Jaynen, Spyder, Tree, Kip, Sandiegoland, DSfox, Tntmo, Schwinn, Kip, Zenosan, Blind In One Ear among others. Rachels sprained ankle was still bothering her, but not enough to stay off her bike. When I left, she was gearing up for a short ride. Plenty of good food; burgers and dogs by Aaron, lumpia and other dishes by Mrs. Gunner. Yummy, thanks again.

Guys shootin' the breeze in the shade.

100_1638.jpg

New tire time.

100_1640.jpg

Bikes all lined up for some work.

100_1641.jpg

A buncha weeners....on the grill, that is.

100_1643.jpg

Club members relaxing after lunch.

100_1646.jpg

Somebody (DSfox, I think) about to nab some delicious lumpia.

100_1649.jpg

Tntmo and others gathered in the garage.

100_1651.jpg

Sheba interrogates a gopher. He is found guilty of undermining a backyard and is dispatched execution style.

100_1647.jpg

But not before defiantly claiming a likely story (while covered in cat spittle) to a panel of jurors in the garage.

100_1653.jpg

THAT HAS to be the longest tire change EVER!! I've signed house docs in less time! I've had dates that didn't last that long!! Good pics Mimi! Nice seeing all the old guys, and some new... Who was the guy with the 600R?

great pics mimi....and It was great to meet so many great people today....hope I can remember their names... :)

I was the cute one.

seriously though it was great to meet you and to meet other people I haven't gotten the chance to previously. Ill have to Pm you the size of that ATV tire to see if you have one in stock :)

another Gunner's day....NICE day out there!!!

good to see all the "normal" faces...and a couple new ones for me too!!!

GREAT food, GREAT collection of bikes....what more could one ask for???

and now i bid thee all a good night!!!

:)

Thanks Chief - I will have to get over there again to finish my bike! Nice seeing all the SDAR members out there. Perfect size crowd. I even got to meet Hammer for the first time! Very low-key guy. Good to meet some of the members that I don't know - lets ride!

Aaron, thanks to you and your family for another good time at your house. I took a few pics, but will have to wait until Tuesday to post them, my camera is packed for a camping trip at the moment. :) Ken

Being sick sucks, sorry I missed it. Finally feeling human again today. Looks like a lot of fun!

Hey Aaron, can I borrow your cat? I've got one of those moles tearing up my lawn right now...

\what more could one ask for???

Well...I could have been there to elevate the discussion and enhance the experience. Instead, I'm still hanging around a resort pool all day. With WiFi. Planning my next adventure.

That’s funny I don’t see myself in any of Mimi’s photos. I don’t even remember see most of the people in the pictures.

Oh, that’s right I didn’t get there until after 6 pm. There was still beer in the fridge though. :)

I also saw a very clean KTM sitting in the driveway, although there was about 2 feet on mud sitting around it. Someone is going to be surprised when they see their bike.

Thank You to all who showed up, it was a very relaxing day. Because all of you are so kind and such good people I like to do these Maintenance days, my wife really appreciated it too.

Thanks to Jaynen, SCHWIN, Carguy and Bikeslut for the reirement gifts.

tntmo; your shirt killed us....too funny

Dirt Dame......that was a very funny post, we had some good laughs when Felicia, Rachel, Jim and I read it together, now everyone can see why my neighbor calls Sheba the "gopher ninja"

Very nice to meet some new people too, DSFox, David, Shawn....

Yesterday I did get the new pulse generator in on the pig and I changed the oil so now I just need to check the valves and use Mimi's compression tester (thank you Mimi, I will shoot you a pm so I can ride over and drop it off this week).

One the XR is dialed in I will make the serious effort to show up on more rides!

Thanks again everybody, we will keep doing these!

Aaron

I didnt need no maintanence, I have had the pleasure of Felicias cooking before so I went for the food and socializing. Chief and family are always great hosts. Anybody that feeds me is always on top of my list :) Thankyou for putting together a great social gathering.

tntmo; your shirt killed us....too funny

And the shirt didn't even need to be edited.

Thanks for having all of us over. It was a good time, the food was excellent and the people were okay too! :) Looking forward to riding with you soon.

Here are a few pics of the day.

Old school bead breaker.

P4040050.jpg

P4040053.jpg

P4040054.jpg

Hammer supplied some shade and air.

P4040055.jpg

P4040056.jpg

P4040057.jpg

Chief, thanks for the great food........and good time ! Was good seeing all of you and meeting a few new people.

Thanks a lot Chief!

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet a few SDAR folks, eat some tasty food and wrench on my bike. Also, thanks for the instruction on adjusting valves, I finally got the XR600 purring just right; now I’m a little more self sufficient because of it. :ph34r: Look forward to riding with ya’ll soon.

-David

yeah reading the manual really helped huh?? ;)

glad you got that all ironed out.....dan....hehe :ph34r:

was VERY nice to meet you, and you had a good attitude towards your task...good on ya!

Blind B)

Thanks for all the "Thank You's"

We will do it again, maybe something bigger nextime. I was thinking a live band, and something set up for the families. Maybe not a maintenance day but more like a get together for everyone, softball, games..... I can get reservations at the Admiral Baker recreation park.

541437.jpg

Do you guy's think that would be a good Idea?