Zenosan

Significant Other Ploys

OK, I'll start it.

Be nice, be sweet, be charming, be lovable. I mentioned in another post that I am pretty good at the first three but I am still working on the lovable. You need to make your SO want you to have fun. Make her/him feel like you earned it.

Don

OK, I'll start it.

Be nice, be sweet, be charming, be lovable. I mentioned in another post that I am pretty good at the first three but I am still working on the lovable. You need to make your SO want you to have fun. Make her/him feel like you earned it.

Don

I make sure to say "yes" to most, if not all of her hall pass requests. She just did a three day trip to Vegas with a friend to see a show that she has wanted to see for a long time. I wasnt excited about her going but the way I look at it I am banking up points, and I'll need a few more probably, to do the Colorado trip this summer!

Step 1: Drop the word "ploy" from your relationship vocabulary.

Step 2: Address any concerns.

Step 3: Go ride.

Step 4: Come home happy.

Step 5: Repeat steps as necessary.

:angry:

the real challenge for me is that the kids dont react as well to her, as they do with me... She'll be the first to tell you that I take care of her like a princess. I keep the boys in line... I cook and I clean... I do the dishes and maintain the cars... I let her out of every single hall pass she has requested... I cancel rides on short notice if things come up...

But the bottom line is it is hard without me... She has fibermyalgia, and between the pain and the medication, she needs my help...

By all means; if she says "go", I'm gone, but not likely...

I DO know how to earn a hall pass; thanks guys

I tell her to fuel my bike, wash my gear, pack my lunch , i load my bike , wake her up to warm my truck if its cold. and tell her to be naked and have dinner done when i get back and that could be anytime so ill call ahead so she and my dinner arnt cold when i get home

OK THATS NOT TRUE I REALLY BEG AND PLEAD UNTIL SHE TELLS ME TO GET OUT OF HERE CAUSE IM A BABY AND WONT STOP CRYING TILL SHE LETS ME GO!

please stop the hate mail.

If you have trouble getting hall passes to enjoy your hobby then you are with the wrong person. I agree with SDL - drop the word ploy. And yes, you may have to give up a weekend of riding here and there to do things with or for your significant other.

I think primarily it all comes down to balance. It's a perception thing where if they perceive that you are abandoning them or choosing others over spending time with them that they will respond negatively.

Everyone should at least go check out the website if not read the book called "the five love languages"

essentially everyone has different ways that actually work for showing love to them. You might think that doing the dishes, cleaning the house, fixing the car etc is showing your partner love but it might not be their love language. For women it is commonly acts of service and for men its gifts but its unique per person and once you find the right one for your partner by doing that thing specifically youll find they are a lot more likely to be happy. And we will know that a happy spouse means a happy life.

Haha so does that mean she feels you know her love language but does she know yours?

I'm actually a bit strange, I don't like when girls buy me gifts. It actually kinda pisses me off. So I guess like Jaynen said, everyone is different and you gotta just figure out how they envision being 'loved'.

Five love languages & emotional bank account deposits. The secret is not to be overdrawn.

I'm fortunate now and can sense the family time account getting a little low so it's no riding until that's taken care of. I mean I like everyone I've met so far, but, uh, well... ;)

After 31 years of marriage the secret to going riding is doing what your wife asks. i wanted to go riding yesterday, my wife said to put the christmas lights on the house and then you can go. So I did and had a blast riding.xmas_lites.bmp

After 31 years of marriage the secret to going riding is doing what your wife asks. i wanted to go riding yesterday, my wife said to put the christmas lights on the house and then you can go. So I did and had a blast riding.xmas_lites.bmp

That's great :blink: . I hope she appreciated the fact that you took your time and used "2" hooks rather than "1" as a safety precaution......very considerate.....

I took a breather from fiddling with geeky gps stuff last weekend and went out to put up the lights......got'em up, flipped the switch......and one strand was dead......Kathy says, "what's with the dead strand of lights?".......I replied, "You just said to put'em up.....you didn't say they had to be working" :lol:

I try to make a win/win for me and the family; I try to ride early enough on the weekends (one day), riding at 6:45a, or shortly thereafter, in order to get in a decent ride and be back to the house by early/mid afternoon to do something with the family. My wife knows that this is a hobby that makes me happy and she supports it, as I support her hobbies and her nights out with her friends, etc. There is an occasional conflict, but most of the time it works great. The other thing that helps is trying to coordinate and communicate the ride plan plenty of time in advance, usually by mid-week or earlier to set the expectation.

Matt

My dog let's me go wherever, whenever I want.

Yeah, he looks at me with those sad eyes and makes me feel bad. :ph34r:

My dog let's me go wherever, whenever I want.

Yeah, he looks at me with those sad eyes and makes me feel bad. :P

Yeah, but can your dog... Nevermind..... :ph34r:

Oh and what is this supposed to mean?

--------------------

Randy L. - President & Founder

San Diego Adventure Riders

AMA, CORVA, BRC, SDORC, NRA,

Stewards of the Seqouia

Ducati 900 Elefant

KTM 950

KTM 640

Something NEW & Orange <--------------------------------------------------????????? :D

Speak up man!!! you can't throw that out there and not speak up!!!

Step 1: Drop the word "ploy" from your relationship vocabulary.

Step 2: Address any concerns.

Step 3: Go ride.

Step 4: Come home happy.

Step 5: Repeat steps as necessary.

:lol:

After being single for a long while, I like this step process best. Just change ploy to play, it is ok to want to play with your friends.:ph34r:

I have a great setup, I have my wife on her knees...begging me to crawl out from under the bed and "fight like a man" :ph34r:

Hey, I married an engineer, so the formula is simple: unclecameron leaves and comes back = less irritable, oh, and I give her anything she wants, that might help (though she says I"m a workaholic, so really she poked me to put down this danged laptop and leave)