KTMrad

POSTPONED - NOOB Ride Sunday April 10th

Ok I have checked with Randy and he has OK'd that the group will stop by my house just before Cameron Truck Trail for a break, drink,/ snack. I will be joining the ride from there. Plenty of parking, indoor plumbing etc. I am open to providing drinks , snacks (reimbursed or not) or even real food.

Ideas?

It's too early in the week to worry about the forecast.

Worx for me. I will probably have others with me. As always I will do a rain dance and cross my fingers for rain.

Since this a noob oriented ride, I'd like to take a chance to ask some noob questions. This will be my first (off road) group ride.

1. Riding etiquette for off road group rides: aside from common sense stuff, is there anything important to know? I'm sure I'll learn quite a bit through experience but it cant hurt to ask now.
  2. Aside from tools, spare tubes/pump, first-aid kit, water/snacks, is there anything else that i should bring?

Looking forward to the ride. Hopefully the weather clears up on Sunday.

Thanks,

Cris

Roasty:

1. Wait at all intersection to go threw until guy behind you see's where your going. Show hand signals to oncoming traffic knowing how many guys behind you.

2. Bring beer for leaders and sweep riders.

-Always remain in single file.

-Never roost someone you just met .

-pack it in & pack it out.

-don't fly faster than your angels can ride.

-always have camera ready so when some lucky gumby dumps it.

-try to keep revs down around livestock.

- always use the SDAR wave when approaching another group of riders.

-No Bikeslutting.

Do NOT try to keep up with The Kug or Bike Slut...it'll only lead to disappointment and bike damage.

Have Paul Bowers snap a cool photo of you in "ADV mode" so you can show your GFs and co-workers.

Wheelie if you feel you need to wheelie.

Dress the part. Long timers respect that. Choose either a Charley or Ewen outfit (or a combo is cool, too).

And this is a MUST: Post photos and a ride report of your experiences when you get home.

Have fun!

I'm in if I get my bike back from the mechanic! Just got it so sent it to DMC Performance in PB for them to check it out and see fi anything is needed. Hopefully I can go!

If it's crappy wet weather, we may have to reschedule this Noob Ride....we don't want to be taking newer riders out on wet pavement and muddy dirt.

We'll see how the weekend weather goes...

A couple weeks ago I tried to ride pine valley and the gate was closed for the dirt section. Does anyone know if its open now? I also heard thing valley was closed as well?

They close some gates sometimes if it's too wet and muddy to prevent trails from getting too rutted out by vegicles.

-Always remain in single file.

-Never roost someone you just met .

-pack it in & pack it out.

-don't fly faster than your angels can ride.

-always have camera ready so when some lucky gumby dumps it.

-try to keep revs down around livestock.

- always use the SDAR wave when approaching another group of riders.

-No Bikeslutting.

-always salt your pasta before you cook it

-lefty loosey righty tighty

-if this van is a rockin, dont come a knockin

Do NOT try to keep up with The Kug or Bike Slut...it'll only lead to disappointment and bike damage.

Have Paul Bowers snap a cool photo of you in "ADV mode" so you can show your GFs and co-workers.

Wheelie if you feel you need to wheelie.

Dress the part. Long timers respect that. Choose either a Charley or Ewen outfit (or a combo is cool, too).

And this is a MUST: Post photos and a ride report of your experiences when you get home.

Have fun!

Do I need to Google the OUTFIT rules?

#99. Thoughtfully consider sections of trail the N00bLeader designates as "optional". Watch other riders negotiate that section first to determine if your bike/rider combination is appropriate for the section. It's natural to feel a little apprehensive and while many might say "aw, just go for it" that over-confidence can lead to massive and expensive yard sales of an explosive and Triumph-ant nature.

Cant make this one due to Groomsman obligations... who has a wedding shower anyways? what is that? Well Ill keep my eyeballs posted for the next noob ride because I really wanna make it out there with you guys. The dingo will be there in spirit!

Sorry, I am out. Loooong drive for me and I am not sure what the weather has in store.

I'm out also too much mud for me.

I may still ride if I can get to McCain.

Well, some people have bailed, more rain in forecast tonight and possibly tomorrow, the trails will probably be quite muddy in areas, and if it is wet and/or raining Sunday morning I don't think many people will show.

Mike and I agreed we should postpone this ride to another time.

We are postponing due to safety concerns for the newer riders and for all...don't want anyone going down in slick, muddy conditions.

My bad .dirt is perfect.partly clowdy.traction 10 inches deep.minimal puddles

Nice temps.

I can still meet At de sac @9

Hit kernan-1-Ranger?

This is not a nOOb friendly option .

Hazardous rocky steep trails while crawling over large boulders and logs.

post-15687-0-36802200-1460224653_thumb.j

bummer. i'd been studying all those damn rules too. :P

seriously though, if plans change again, count me in.

What a beautiful day for a ride.....!!

Posted Today, 06:54 AM

It's raining pretty good out here...