tntmo

What to do with free V-Star?

My neighbor has given me a Yamaha V-Star 650, it's been sitting outside his carport for about two years. I had it running for him before that, but the clutch was slipping and it had a few other minor issues he didn't want to deal with.

Now it's mine to deal with, but what should I do with it? I've never owned a sidecar rig, I thought that would be kind of cool to do. Or find some knobbie tires that fit and take it out and amuse people with it?

Bring on some crazy ideas!

Sell it, put proceeds into current ride.

Sell it, put proceeds into current ride.

agreed

Craigslist. Not so much for a sale but for an interesting swap.

No, not tattoos, massages or jet skis.

I'll bet you could get quite a bike in trade. See that Triumph one of our guys just picked up?

I don't think I have the skills to build a sidecar rig. It's not worth much, pretty rough shape but I can get it running again. It probably has a lot of back DMV fees. Guess I will see.

Take some pics and post them of your gift. It would be cool to see. New clutch not a big deal.

How about

A dirt track oval racer?

I was considering that. Even if it wasn't a good platform it would be funny and the price is right.

650, it's the start of someone's bobber project so.....

Well, my son came home from college and started messing around with the Yamaha and got it started. He was looking for parts online and ended up finding a VStar with a bad engine in Santee. It's in my garage now, guess Aaron may have a street bike soon.

The guy he got it from has a nice DRZ400, so I gave him a SDAR card.

That's cool you guys bonded over that thing. Me and my son Austin do that.

Chop it...easy rider style...extended forks...sissy bar on the rear w/ a peace sign on it...leather saddle bags with fringe, etc., etc.

I kinda like the fender style of the black one if it had rear light and blinkers modded (gone)

The wrapped pipes look kinda kool to if it were redone they may even tune easier @80mph. Plus lighter probly.

Are you guys gonna ratt it out and slam it flat black or flat black with clear coat?