Bagstr

Motion Pro Injector Cleaner

You guys make me do all the heavy lifting.

that looks easier than the air compressor & 12v battry trick i use

These guys cleaned my injector:

http://www.proflowtech.com/

Inexpensive, shipping was not super fast, but OK.

They give you a report of before and after performance. I improved 18% after cleaning. Bike still felt the same.

The guy who runs it is on KTM Talk

Here we go. Develop a product to sell more products to paranoid and ignorant dirt bike owners.

To make a point of an argument, my 19 year old car and 20 year old van have never had the injectors cleaned and still start and run perfectly. Sure they don't see the dust that my Aprilia or YZ does, but they also havn't needed to have the injectors cleaned. Both have sat for many, many, months without being started. But when they do, they start right up and idle cleanly. Sometimes it may take a minute as the old gas is flushed through the fuel lines.

Could either benefit from a cleaning or new flow matched injectors, probably. But let's face facts. Fuel injection is a more reliable, lower maintenance, fuel delivery system than any carburetor could ever be. As Amgems pointed out, unless you run a shop or race team nobody needs an injector cleaner.

True but being an automotive tech I can tell you that your injectors could probably be due for a cleaning, I've replaced a ton of injectors over the years and on a car with 6 or 8 cylinders you won't notice one of two starting to go only when one is completely clogged or just dumping fuel stuck open. But with only 1 injector on a bike you will notice a difference over a couple years or couple thousand miles. I do agree with you that it is totally more reliable and pretty much maintance free.

Never touched my injectors on any vehicle. 2011 injected bike that has no fuel filter other than the original that is in the tank is still working fine. Can't see any preventative work being necessary.

Food for thought i do believe the injector orifaces for better fuel atomization/performance are very small- especially on KTM Huskys and more easily clogged than on other offroad bikes and just other vehicles in general

Well documented from injector test data on DNF racing injector failures from ZipTy racing the injectors were actually getting clogged from fibers from the OEM Mahle in tank fuel filter.

the inline filter OEM type was getting dust and dirt from the tank/pump and clogging as well, this issue is well known among baja folks and other dusty road riders that even carry extras of those little conical pressure side pre manifold/injector filters.

Side note my 2013 TXC310R, seemed to run OK but had some pop stall issues to the point of costing me racing positions, ZipTy sent the injector out for test pattern then cleaning. The flow number escapes me now but it was like a 15-20% reduction in flow, but worse was the spray pattern map was just stupid, like a couple of water guns spraying fuel. after cleaning the flow was back up and the spray pattern map was one big even blast. So truth is needed or not these injected dirt bikes are more susceptible to injector issues, they are very high performance machines with "F1" like tolerances, not your basic ford truck.

Do I have KTM/Husky injector orifice specs , no, but Im sure we can pull them.

Anyway in his effort to improve with value added mods to keep full performance and get riders/racers to the finish you can see both the fuel filters that ZipTy engineering developed both in tank (to replace the OEM plastic Mahle )and external as prophylactic measures against fuel injector issues.

food for thought- added bullet proofing to prevent injector clogging .

http://www.ziptyracing.com/quick-disconnect-fuel-filter/

http://www.ziptyracing.com/zip-ty-high-capacity-fuel-filter/

Here we go. Develop a product to sell more products to paranoid and ignorant dirt bike owners.

To make a point of an argument, my 19 year old car and 20 year old van have never had the injectors cleaned and still start and run perfectly. Sure they don't see the dust that my Aprilia or YZ does, but they also havn't needed to have the injectors cleaned. Both have sat for many, many, months without being started. But when they do, they start right up and idle cleanly. Sometimes it may take a minute as the old gas is flushed through the fuel lines.

Could either benefit from a cleaning or new flow matched injectors, probably. But let's face facts. Fuel injection is a more reliable, lower maintenance, fuel delivery system than any carburetor could ever be. As Amgems pointed out, unless you run a shop or race team nobody needs an injector cleaner.

Hahahahahah!

Had a very long ride saved by a spare fuel injector a couple weeks ago. I also thought it was overkill to carry one until Roger's failed and Curtis swapped it out with his spare. Would have been a day or two of extraction from the BFE place were it failed.

Instead- about an hour of repair, and we're on our way. And I've ordered a spare for my own bike.

Good idea to carry a spare. They are tiny and light. About $150.

It would be interesting to see the before and after cleaning test results of that injector.

Just to see how bad can they get before they just quit working.

Or, if it wasn't too bad, maybe another part of the fuel injection system was marginal?

"before and after"

Look at the 4th and 5th pictures on the Dirt Bike Test and see. The clean shot is against a white background, but you can see a fine spray vs blobs.

On another note; I have trouble visualizing how the debris is cleared by back flushing. I guess the supply side is just open vs tied to a fuel line. And in addition, which would take less space, the cleaning tool or a spare injector?? Dirty injectors are not defective, just dirty.

:shiftyeyes_anim:

Edit: The injector is much smaller

Umm. Well.

I suspect this is not a device intended for trail use. Mostly (in my opinion) for cleaning the injector that one replaced on the trail and returning it to service as a backup.

And carry spare o-rings.

Ask me how I know...

So- does anyone have one of these? Happy to toss a little $ in the the pot to clean my backup/spare.

Yes, I'm aware it can be done with a 9v battery and Berrymans.

Comparing to a car injector isn't really relevant. We refill in dirty conditions and have very little in the way of filtration. I have have read and seen many rides where someone was temporarily sidelined by a clogged jet in their carb. This isn't much different, it's just that the cost of entry is higher.

To me the trade off of fuel injection is way worth it. My berg has flawless mapping from top to bottom, off idle and at any throttle position. It's also much more fuel efficient and will be more effective in a wider range of altitudes and conditions. Buying a spare injector and carrying it for long trips is smart. So is using a fuel filter sock, imo.

I ended up sending the injector (bought used on ebay) to a service for a ultrasonic and internal cleaning. Something like $27 and they replace the orings, etc.

It's the spare I'll be carrying from now on, and will unlikely ever need.

However, should we be riding together, and you're in need of an injector, I'm sure a reasonable price could be set. :coolio: Same injector as 350, 500 and 690.

I ended up sending the injector (bought used on ebay) to a service for a ultrasonic and internal cleaning. Something like $27 and they replace the orings, etc.

It's the spare I'll be carrying from now on, and will unlikely ever need.

However, should we be riding together, and you're in need of an injector, I'm sure a reasonable price could be set. :coolio: Same injector as 350, 500 and 690.

Did you get it back yet?

Did they send a before and after report?

Curious to see "how bad" they are when they just plain quit.

If some one need Fuel injection cleaner, I got 20 -30 boxes with 12-24 bottles. You can pick one up for FREE. Just PM me.

It is the additive for the gas tank, Gas and Diesel usage. I run this in all my cars every 3-4 fill up.

Did you get it back yet?

Did they send a before and after report?

Curious to see "how bad" they are when they just plain quit.

OK, forgot about this thread until packing for BAR10 and found the injector- attached is the report.

21677752948_d9e6e7418d_b.jpg

Not bad for only $31 a 47% improvement sounds hue wonder if you will feel it, my thinking is probably mainly right off idle full throttle stuff