skeelo221

Hello! Just moved to SD from Portland

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself... I just moved down to San Diego from Portland, OR. 30 years old, mechanical engineer (looking for a job!). I just sold my house and quit my job and moved down with the fiancé to see what SD is all about.

I've been riding for about 12 years (started on the street -- been riding dirt & dual sport for the last 8 years, and picked up road racing on a Ninja 250 after doing track days for the last 7 years).

I enjoy camping off the bike, I've done OR & WA backroad discovery routes, with a plan to do the CO route shortly with my brother. Other moto highlights include:

-2 week solo tour of New Zealand in 2010 on a SV650

-trip with 5 friends down to Baja in 2011. We went as far as bay of conception / Loreto and then rented a house there for a few days before turning back. Was riding my DR650

-2 week solo trip last summer thru OR,WA,ID,Canada. Little over 3k miles on my Tuono.

-1 week at the Colin Edwards Texas Tornado Bootcamp this past February -- highly recommended!

-Just returned from a 1 week guided tour of Cambodia. Went with my brother and had tons of fun on our XR250 rentals.

I am also a major MotoGP fan. I download all the British coverage of the races since their coverage is so much better than ours. If anyone else is a MotoGP fan you are welcome to watch at my place.

I met a few of you last Sunday on the noob ride but am looking forward to doing a lot more exploring!

post-15943-0-50409400-1434674019_thumb.j

post-15943-0-30229600-1434674021_thumb.j

post-15943-0-18503400-1434674023_thumb.j

post-15943-0-80385100-1434674025_thumb.j

post-15943-0-16172800-1434674123_thumb.j

Welcome aboard, Jacob.

You've come to the right place. Lots of good info--and better yet, great people.

We'll see you out on the trails.

Dan

After watching Portlandia I think about doing the same thing you did, but in reverse.

Welcome to San Diego!

Cool resume. Welcome to the board. What part of San Diego?

welcome aboard ur in the best town thats for shure.i was the person leading the first part of the noob ride i was on the 650r.look for more rides on the site. me and eddie earl are doing one this sunday in ramona if u want to go.will see u out there!!!!U never know what can happen on any sunday!!!!

Welcome Jacob. We met briefly last Sunday amongst the gaggle. Some great background and experience to bring to the group. See ya out there!

Cool resume. Welcome to the board. What part of San Diego?

Hey thanks! I felt like a douche writing it, but thought it would be more interesting than just saying "Hi"

My fiancé and I found a place in University Heights

Welcome to SDAR, hope we can ride together sometime soon.

CiD

Thanks for the welcome...nice stable!

welcome aboard ur in the best town thats for shure.i was the person leading the first part of the noob ride i was on the 650r.look for more rides on the site. me and eddie earl are doing one this sunday in ramona if u want to go.will see u out there!!!!U never know what can happen on any sunday!!!!

Hey man, was fun riding behind you on the undulating pavement section. You like your wheelies! :upsidedown:

Welcome to club was good talking to you at kitchen creek stop on noob ride

Hey man, was fun riding behind you on the undulating pavement section. You like your wheelie .

if u ever want to go to polamar mnt let me know i rode the tight side for years lots of cool people up there that have been riding there for years know some of them,and u can ride ur mv up there.plus a lot of moto gp lovers there to.if u have never been there it is a lot of fun but u have to ride real smart a lot of people get hurt out there! mostly dumb asses but even the best can go down u just have to ride about at 75%.tell u the truth its like a race track!!!!!!

Welcome to club was good talking to you at kitchen creek stop on noob ride

You as well! Looking forward to riding with you another time

if u ever want to go to polamar mnt let me know i rode the tight side for years lots of cool people up there that have been riding there for years know some of them,and u can ride ur mv up there.plus a lot of moto gp lovers there to.if u have never been there it is a lot of fun but u have to ride real smart a lot of people get hurt out there! mostly dumb asses but even the best can go down u just have to ride about at 75%.tell u the truth its like a race track!!!!!!

Sure I'd be game to check that out (as long as it's not just 100% squids up there!)

Let me know when you are heading up there

Welcome!

If you still are riding the track, Hook-up with Rick Johns at Escondido BMW. He wold be a good guy to get to know and I know he would invite you out to one of the events that he puts on for amateurs in the sport. He hold the 1000cc stock class championship.

From your write-up it seams that you really like to get out and live off of your bike. Lots of folks here that do that.

Where are you located in San Diego?

Welcome Jacob. We talk for a second just before the ride started. You lay down some fast tracks. See you out there.

Welcome, Jacob. Sounds like you've fit in 90 years worth of life in about 30. Love it. If I could go back and do my 18-30 years all over it'd read something like yours - with a lot of beautiful women of course. Nice work.

Hey, 'On Any Sunday' and I would love to have you on this Sunday's ride. We'll be meeting at the Stars gas station in Ramona at 7am ... taking off @ 7:15am. It should be a good fast paced ride. Easy terrain ... but so is a MotoGP track I guess ... where the level of difficulty directly correlates to the degree of twist in the throttle.

It should be a good ride and will give you a great feel for Pamo Valley (Blk Mtn overlook on the east, Orosco Ridge on the West). Staple Sunday ride.

Take care - hope to see you on trail.

Welcome

I am heading up to Laguna Seca for WSB next month. 4 days up, 4 days back, probably 50% dirt.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19898-wsb-trip-13-23-july/

My MO for this is usually to ride all day, get to the hotel, get cleaned up and walk across the street to the steakhouse for dinner and a beer. If that kind of thing interests you.

I would love to have someone to ride with- most of these guys are pathetic wage slaves (ducking).

That ride up for WSBK sounds awesome! Sadly I have some visitors in town that weekend and can't make it.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail!

Hey skeelo . Good riding on sunday..

See ya out there .

Was 'skeelo' out there with us this last Sunday? What was he riding?

- Troy

My last SDAR ride was the Father's Day corral canyon ride. But looking forward to meeting more SDAR members in the coming months!