Joliet

New Logo

I would like some opinions on some new logo designs I am working on. If you would be so kind as to give me your top few pics, I would appreciate it.

There are very light letters by each logo, if you could tell me which letter you would pick for your first, second, third choice, ect.

reply or PM which ever you want. Thanks for the help. Ken

new%20logos_zpsx2voealk.jpg

I am a fan of :

1. C

2. F

3. G

OK, you're asking for opinions, right? Having a career in the advertising industry (as well as a former graphic designer), I have a few ; ) I even gots a colledge deegree in it.

I encourage you to NOT ask for opinions. Quickest way toward creative mediocrity is by using "majority rules" as a guide. I encourage you to choose the one YOU like best, the one that you feel best represents YOU.

That said, I believe the strongest logo is the simplest and in this case (for me) G is far and away the clear winner. C is a distant second.

Now, wait for those opinins that want to use [this part] from X but combined with [that part] from Y.

(You did ask...) :coolio:

OK, you're asking for opinions, right? Having a career in the advertising industry (as well as a former graphic designer), I have a few ; ) I even gots a colledge deegree in it.

I encourage you to NOT ask for opinions. Quickest way toward creative mediocrity is by using "majority rules" as a guide. I encourage you to choose the one YOU like best, the one that you feel best represents YOU.

That said, I believe the strongest logo is the simplest and in this case (for me) G is far and away the clear winner. C is a distant second.

Now, wait for those opinins that want to use [this part] from X but combined with [that part] from Y.

(You did ask...) :coolio:

I'll just second what he said

Yup I agree g for sure and c second the other ones the lettering is too hidden g makes it pop

Ha- I hate to agree with those two; but first thing I thought when I read the title "another pole to find medicority"...I agree with Paul on his two, but (of course) in the other order...no "distant" second. That sounds condescending

I worked around a bunch of attorneys who all had degrees and couldn't agree on much......so I'm hereby declaring PMB's "I have a degree" null.

:)

1. C - it has a recognizable gasket in it, your complete business name, and initials. Simple, like me.

I have 2 degrees.

That sounds condescending

Oh.

And you wouldn't want to sound condescending, would you?

I, too, like "c" though BS and PMB are distant seconds and thirds.

I made my picks a week ago. I am not really going for majority rule, however if no one else liked my choices, I would reconsider, thinking that there was something wrong with my logic.

I know, I know, that seems highly unlikely, but there was that slim chance.

For many years I have put up with all of you with nothing in return but good times and great memories, so instead of me always giving my incredibly sound advice, I am asking for yours.

Not to sound like I'm jumping on the band wagon because I made my picks before I even read what these fools had to say.

1. C

2. G

3. A

I like C and then G. Both are cleaner/less busy than the others. G doesn't look enough like a gasket, but C does.

Mikey- that's why I picked C also...G is a gasket because you're looking for the gasket.C you "c" the gasket as you're reading the letters. That being said Joliet...which did you pick, and I hope you don't make a huge critical mistake and ignore this group of rocket surgeons on SDAR

C looks like an old carb. gasket that most people will recognize as a gasket.

C, for sure. G is a pathetically distant second. Not even sure why I stoop to recognizing it at all. Pfft. Tell you what...pretend I didn't even mention G.

Slap-fight between bowers and vacman

I would exchange several legitimate, hard-earned United States dollars for a front row seat to witness this. Otherwise, I vote for number yellow or letter 6.

C, for sure. G is a pathetically distant second. Not even sure why I stoop to recognizing it at all. Pfft. Tell you what...pretend I didn't even mention G.

But you can't forget you saw it. Because it has a simple raw power- it's now indelibly etched in your brain.

Thus the clear superiority of The G.