kkug

Dana Memorial Ride Attendees List June 14-15

+ 1 maybe. Likely. Probably.

67.876%

Down and back same day.

which bike?

OR?

Hey everyone, I plan on going and if someone needs a place to park in Campo, let me know.

Are you going to Mikes or just to the Sawmill ?

Mikes, and splitting a room with Randy

Mikes dial direct 011 52 (664) 681 5514

I would call Monday-Thursday. He won't be at his house in TJ this weekend. I will ca him next week and give an overall count.

We had a good ride meeting tonight...everything is set.

We had a ride meeting last night. There was some concern about the Tech group not being able to do all the hard stuff or the route Dana was on. Let me clarify, the objective of the Tech group is to be on dirt the entire time we leave the slab, that's it. Our goal is to get the riders to the location on time and with a large group we will need to modify the way. If you want to do more single track you can form a smaller group and meet us there or play in the sandbox at your leisure after lunch. Please let us know if you have any questions. The tech group must leave at 8:30 sharp.

We are at 40 riders. Lunch will be about $5.00-$7.00 without drinks. Gas is available at the Saw Mill and runs about $5.00-$7.00 a gallon depending on what your preference is. They take dollars and pesos. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there to honor our Baja brother, Dana. Thank you for your support.

I might try to weazle out of work. What's the last turn off before ya'll cross the border?

Turn onto Tecate Rd from Campo Rd (hwy 94), it's just a few miles further east from where we had lunch.

Can you pm or text me your number? Old phone died a horrible death and I lost it. Need to get your Carbtune back - working today?

I have GPS tracks for the big bike group if any one wants them - PM me with your email. They have been filtered for a max of 500 points and 20 tracks so the cheap old school GPS's like mine can read em.

Updated Ride list- we are at 41 riders

Arny BenTravelin Bill K Brett Neisler Chris Nelson Chris Wildomar Crawdaddy Crusty Dan Diego DS FOX Effin Eddie Gary O Goofy Footer James Addonigio Jarred nesiler Kato Ken Kugel KTM Rad Mikey 777 mtnmanseth Oracle Paco Pez Scott Barber SHOOBY Shooby STOKE Todd Whiteside Tracy King Tvscum Tree Yeti ?? Steve Matthreews Steve friends TwoWheelsGood -tec -Mikes Bill P Car Guy Seth Habash dad Seth Habash Sondra

Okay, RiggerDan and I shall share a room. We're both in for the tech team.

There goes the neighborhood...........

Just reminder, make sure to keep your bike registration handy when we cross the Tecate border, they have been checking bikes more often since the first of the year.

Posted to ADVRIDER, as well...

I'll be riding with you, Arnie. I know a few of the other SDAR folks are, too.

Whichever route you want to take is fine with me...whatever is best for the group.

I'm not continuing on to Mikes, though. I plan to peel off in VdT and take that route over to San Vicente and do some stuff over there.

I'll see you in Tecate...with a Tecate in my hand at 0830.

Dan

quote name="Afry" post="175348" timestamp="1401749894"]I have GPS tracks for the big bike group if any one wants them - PM me with your email. They have been filtered for a max of 500 points and 20 tracks so the cheap old school GPS's like mine can read em.

There goes the neighborhood...........

Hey I resemble that remark? :lmaosmiley:

Hi my name is jim I'm bringing my friends kid danny down from the San Francisco Bay Area.

I was down at Mike Sky Ranch (1190 adv traveling solo) a few months back and met a friend of Dana's. Sounded like a great guy.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

on a logistics standpoint any recommendations where I should leave my truck .....webwill be riding small bikes 500 cc this time.

Thanks much!

Hi my name is jim I'm bringing my friends kid danny down from the San Francisco Bay Area.

I was down at Mike Sky Ranch (1190 adv traveling solo) a few months back and met a friend of Dana's. Sounded like a great guy.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

on a logistics standpoint any recommendations where I should leave my truck .....webwill be riding small bikes 500 cc this time.

Thanks much!

Welcome aboard Jim and Danny!

You can park your truck in two pay lots immediately north of the Tecate border crossing. One on you right as you approach the border checkpoint and the other is to your left, through the gas station and onto the dirt lot atop the hill behind the convenience store.

There will probably be a lot of us down there on bikes so feel free to ask anybody where to park if its confusing. Parking should cost $5 per day. See you there!

In for the adv group. Not going to mikes. Sawmill and back.

Unfortunately I need to back out of this ride. Work priorities will be cutting into my travel days to/from SLO. Really sorry to miss this one...

Hope you guys have a great ride! I'll be waiting for the ride reports!

Bummer, was hoping to see the new ride!

I haven't called Mike's yet........I'll call later today to confirm for me, Rich, Seth and Dan.....

Bummer, was hoping to see the new ride!

I know! Would have been great to join the SE brigade this weekend... but look at it this way, now I'll have more vacation time for the week between Xmas and New Years! :coolio:

Here's a teaser from a recent trip across W Camino Cielo:

KTMSB2_zps0202e34f.jpg

I haven't called Mike's yet........I'll call later today to confirm for me, Rich, Seth and Dan.....

Done. 4 Amigos confirmed w Mike's.