SCHWINN

Update on me. I just got home after 10 days in the hospital.

Just got home after 10 days in the hospital. Cracked L1-L2 & L3 in the back and 2 broken ribs. Using a walker and a back brace...Weight is 250 lbs now.Just got home after 10 days in the hospital.

Compression Fracture of the T-6 was diagnosed a while back cuz of Multiple Myeloma. Radiation and Kyphoplasty fixed that on February 6th. February 23rd and 24th was The Desert Dash and I got caught up in the moment of having fun and managed to bruise my tailbone. Monday the 25th went to Emergency for Catscans and MRIs they said just bruising and sent me home. When the pain hit I would fall. It was crippling. I took a bad fall at home and took the wambulance back to New Palomar Hospital for X Rays, Catscans and MRIs. 2 days at New Palomar and 8 days at old Palomar for rehab.

Damn dude, hope you start feeling better soon.

Whoa! The Dash claims another victim. I got airlifted out of Tule Wash on Saturday the 22nd. 5 days at Desert Regional (Palm Springs). Compression fracture T10 & T11, 1 broken rib and a partially collapsed lung. The good news is I was able to go straight from the hospital to home. Now after being home for two weeks (3 weeks total since the accident) I am up and walking around the house. Not great but I'll get there and every day is just a little better. Most importantly all my fingers and toes still wiggle. I feel for you and know exactly what you're going through. Heal quickly. Better days are ahead.

You're a tough SOB Steve! Take it slow and work through it. Wishin' the best as always.

Schwinn,

Did you take a moto-bike to the DD?? If not, what were you up to?

SandBagger

Schwinn wasn't injured on a motorcycle. He was injured by cancer. :(

Schwinn,

Sorry to hear about this setback. Wishing you all the positive vibe I can muster. Hang tough man.

Keep up the fight Schwinn! I know a few cute nurses at the new Palomar Hospital, you're in good hands.

Take it easy and stay hopeful. You will make it through this recovery stage.

I think about you often brother. Hang in there and get well soon so we can go for a ride.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. -Marget Thatcher

Continue the fight...

Steve - Sorry you're going through all this.......try to keep your spirits/chin up.......I know all too well about the battle......both of my brothers have waged it.......

There's a Facebook page called "F... Cancer" that I subscribe to......you may draw inspiration from others going through the fight......

Stay networked/connected with your SDAR family.....we're here for you......

Hello Schwinn,

I don't think we have met but I wanted to wish you luck. One of my family members fought off a form of blood cancer, eventually underwent a stem cell transplant and is in great health now almost 7 years later. Her road to recovery was long and tough but not without some good (some great) times along the way.

It will be like putting sand back in a bottle one grain at a time as you work to build back your strength after each round of treatment. How did all the sand end up on the beach anyway? One grain at a time...

Keep up the fight! Everyone here is pulling for you.

Chris