tlking6

Enduro Jacket

I've had this Enduro Jacket for nearly 30 years

055_zps48195df8.jpg

Malcom Smith ISDE team jacket when he was the US coach back in what, 84? I love this thing but its time to make wall art out of it in the garage. I'm looking to upgrade in the 200 buck range. Any suggestions?

I have my eye on the AXO STONE

The only thing weird about it is the removable sleeves. Does anyone ever actually remove them??

I remove my sleaves. Kinda of a pain. But I like it. Just like wearing a vest.

Fly Patrol

Same features and you can zip off the sleeves. They store in a big pocket on the back. Since the armor is minimal in the one you posted, it may not matter that this one has none. I've been beating mine up for a couple of years and El Slut wears one, that should be enough. party.gif

Check around as they are on clearance some places. I grabbed a second one for around $75 about a year ago.

Fly Patrol

Same features and you can zip off the sleeves. They store in a big pocket on the back. Since the armor is minimal in the one you posted, it may not matter that this one has none. I've been beating mine up for a couple of years and El Slut wears one, that should be enough. party.gif

Check around as they are on clearance some places. I grabbed a second one for around $75 about a year ago.

I have an MSR just like that hanging in my trailer as a backup. Nice jacket but a bit warm. Do you want the new jacket to be waterproof? I just got a Moose Expedition jacket for xmas. Breathable, waterproof and well constructed. It does not have removable sleeves but I really didn't want them as this will be primarily my wet weather jacket. I have a Rocky Mountain ARC Back Country jacket that I bought on sale for like $50 that is actually breathable and waterproof and has removeable sleeves. It's not a bad jacket but the material is nowhere near as durable as the Moose jacket but then it cost a lot less. I've had the sleeves off a few times but lack of removable sleeves is not a showstopper for me. My wife has the Fly Patrol jacket and likes it though I don't think it's waterproof. They don't mention the AXO as being waterproof either if that's important to you.

Having removable sleeves is a very nice option that I use all the time.

I have an MSR. I love my removable sleeves. I like having the flexibility of being able to cool off.

Veys Lemon Grove has Klim on the shelf and We get a discount!

ohmy.gif

Plus, Klim is nice kit

I have the Moose Expedition. I've had it for about 20 years and it is still in excellent condition. I did have to replace 2 zippers a few years back. It's very warm and completely water proof. It's just the Gor-Tex shell with no liner, but is amazingly warm. The big thing I like about it, is that it folds up into it's own little pouch that has straps, so that when it gets too hot you take it off and wear it like a fanny pack. My back pack is a Zac Speed which is very small, so the self storage sytem of the jacket is really nice. The small Zac Speed back pack doesn't have enough room for a jacket. I think they are about $200. I think if it had zip off sleeves it would be better. For me any jacket under a pack pack / chest protector makes it kinda hard to move around and be flexible on the bike. I would think zip off sleeves would help with that and as well help regulate temperature.

Fly Patrol

yeah, I was looking at those too but I don't like the buttons in front as much. The armor isn't important, I'll probably take that out.

I remove my sleaves. Kinda of a pain. But I like it. Just like wearing a vest.

What do you ride with Ken? You wear that thing all the time.

Fly Patrol

yeah, I was looking at those too but I don't like the buttons in front as much. The armor isn't important, I'll probably take that out.

I like the Fly Patrol... just heavy enough to cut the wind, if it starts getting hot, the sleeves zip off and store, and it's baggy enough (on me :torch: ) to add layers... I wear armor underneath

it has had two high speed crashes; 45 on hard pack when I cross rutted, and 75 on asphalt when the transmission locked up... minimal damage in each case (to the jacket)

It "feels" less sturdy than it actually is

I got mine for $50 at the old Vey's in Santee on a clearance rack

Fly Patrol

Doesn't appear to have removable sleeves?

I'm in the same scenario as Tracy.......my KTM Enduro jacket is D-O-N-E (I think MSR was OEM?). I've been using a ~20yr old Tourmaster jacket but it doesn't have removable sleeves like my KTM jacket.......and it's not orange :heh:

Was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/JT-Racing-USA-Enduro-XX-Large/dp/B00B09I20K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

Regardless, not sure if Fat Daddy should go with snug XL or loose XXL (both of my current jackets are XL and they fit but they're snug...wind flops XXL around but roomier to maneuver). Inclined to stay with XL.

I use a Hein -Geirecke with removable liner, funny thing I hardly ever wear it so last time I noticed the armor felt weird, turns out all the pads have broken up. I took all out and now it fits better , anybody know any customer service people for H-G jackets?

Uncle C.

Klim Inversion, lightweight breaks the wind, I don't like riding and getting overheated by a thick jacket. DO NOT buy a Thor Ride I won a complete set pants, jersey and jacket, all crap, zippers jammed adn snaps tore out after 2 rides.

THIS ONE looks pretty worthy. I like the removable inner liner and it has the water proof membrane. Velcro closure and it folds into itself and turns into a fanny pack.

Doesn't appear to have removable sleeves?

Yeah - kinda fuzzy pic, but

• Rear cargo compartment is great for storing the sleeves when in vest mode and storing larger items

I had mine on/off last Sunday.

That Terra Trek looks like a good option Tracy.