paulmbowers

Why not another tire thread?

The 525 needs tires.

Been running trials tires front and rear for a while, and the front really sucks. Yesterday's ride killed of whatever was left of its pitiful life. Side knobs torn off, etc. The rear is toast as well.

So.

Whatcha running for general purpose dualsport use?- this bike's about 90% off road with small stretches of pavement in between for which I don't need pavement performance. I ride in the park, so need DOT.

Crawdaddy?

Bags?

CID?

Arfy?

Riggah?

PhD?

Slutty?

Anyone?

What's your favorite?

You forgot to ask me...

DON'T get an MT21 or a D606!

My MT43 was WAY worse off than yours and still better than those two...

Try the XCMH

I'm no expert, but I like my D606's. Two of my partners also run them - on an XR440 and an XR600. They are loud and rough on asphalt, but my little bike isn't set up for pavement overall anyway. They do seem to wear well.

I'm no expert, but I like my D606's. Two of my partners also run them - on an XR440 and an XR600. They are loud and rough on asphalt, but my little bike isn't set up for pavement overall anyway. They do seem to wear well.

I've run 606s before (everyone has) but did not like the front very much. Bike kept falling down.

Could be the rider.

You forgot to ask me...

I didn't but I fixed it.

I saw what you were running yesterday…at least, whatever was left of what you were running.

Alert, Alert, Tire Alert!!!

Not helpful….next time, you walk to camp.

Wait- I see you've redemmed yourself.

Your spot on my trailer remains reserved for you.

You forgot to ask me...

I didn't but I fixed it.

I saw what you were running yesterday…at least, whatever was left of what you were running.

That front tire has 120 miles on it, tops...almost new in Isabella

Pirelli Scorpion XCMH front - best aggressive DOT front tire I've used

Dunlop 606 or Pirelli MT21 rear in 130/140 because your 585? will overpower the Kenda Trakmaster II (imho).

I run the Scorpion front and 130 MT21 rear on my DRZ all through ABDSP, Baja and to Vegas.

Recently put a KAROO on 150/70/18 and have to say it hooks up.

Not a high miler, but so far pretty good.

The 140/80/18 is about $84 . Could be a good trade off.

Oh yea they came stock on the KTM <_<

It like they tested them or something like that. :coolio:

XCMH is a great front tire but doesn't last very long. Pirelli aslo has the MT16s which are more aggressive and last longer than the XCMHs. Pirelli has some other DOT tires too, like FIM scorpion pro enduros maybe some others. good products.

+1on the XCMH.

I ride a lot of street to get to dirt, and that front lasts as long and is less squirrely at highway speed than the others I've tried.

Try the XCMH

The Michelin AC10s I've been running for a year on my YZ have held up pretty well. The front isn't my favorite (Pirelli Scorpion XCMH) but has worked well and both front and rear have proven pretty durable. Yes DOT legal.

And quite flexible

IMG_2388_zps16749e31.jpg

1386734585[/url]' post='163411']

+1on the XCMH.

I ride a lot of street to get to dirt, and that front lasts as long and is less squirrely at highway speed than the others I've tried.

1386727420[/url]' post='163396']

Try the XCMH

X3

I would try a Motoz tractionator on the rear...CD cycles has em.

I'm a big fan of the 908 on the front, wears great and has good grip on both street and dirt. I've been running it on my 525 for a couple of years now. I''m happy with the MT21 on the rear. They don't last long but I'm happy with the traction. I'd never put a 606 on the rear again unless I was going on a 1000+ mile ride and then I'd take it off as soon as I got back.

CiD

The 525 needs tires.

Been running trials tires front and rear for a while, and the front really sucks. Yesterday's ride killed of whatever was left of its pitiful life. Side knobs torn off, etc. The rear is toast as well.

So.

Whatcha running for general purpose dualsport use?- this bike's about 90% off road with small stretches of pavement in between for which I don't need pavement performance. I ride in the park, so need DOT.

Crawdaddy?

Bags?

CID?

Arfy?

Riggah?

PhD?

Slutty?

Anyone?

What's your favorite?

MT43 Rear, D606 Front

How about the Michelin T63? Anybody try them?

C + D is having a pretty good sale on Michelins right now and NCC will match them.

While we're at it, does anyone have any experience with the Kenda K782? I just ordered one, the hybrid knobby/paddle design looks like it might work well out in the desert.

Used a rear on the DR650. Good wear and decent traction. I guess an endorsement would be by This Guy who ran them forever on his DR. He had a set shipped to my house which he took with him. He'd run 'em almost bald because the carcas was thick enough to take the abuse.

How about the Michelin T63? Anybody try them?

C + D is having a pretty good sale on Michelins right now and NCC will match them.

Very good on the rear... Having a hard time finding a GOOD DOT legal front tire.

Maybe I am just not a very good rider, but all of the DOT tires "push" in the corners (where I ride)... motocross front tires are pretty good