Bruce

Folding Mirror Advice

Does anyone have a recommendation for a folding mirror? I have the Ken Sean, but eventually the rotating ball wears and the mirror won't stay up. Anything better out there?post-458-056707500 1363666854_thumb.jpg

I put the Highway Dirt Bike setups on after thinking about it far too long. I couldn't be happier especially since I plan on keeping this scooter for a while. The little mirrors work pretty good but not as good as the stock tree branches that can spot a cop 5 cars back.

I agree with Crawdaddy on this one. I had the MSR/Acerbis units and they were ok when stopped, but when moving, they vibrate too much to see anything smaller than the F350 that is crawing up your butt. I plan on going for the doubletake next time if it's just a mirror without the HDB guards.

Doubletake hands down no questions asked! You will never buy another mirror

I would go for the double-take if I could afford it, they're pushing $50/ea.

Double Take --used it Sunday din,t loose anyone !

I would go for the double-take if I could afford it, they're pushing $50/ea.

Worth every penny.

Dbl take if it's in the budget. $15 one if it's not. Had both. I got the 3" RAM arm with the DT's so I can actually see past my shoulder.

Added bonus:

CIMG1909.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a folding mirror? I have the Ken Sean, but eventually the rotating ball wears and the mirror won't stay up. Anything better out there?post-458-056707500 1363666854_thumb.jpg

I have that same mirror, has been great. I guess I dont unfold mine very often still works great and it doesnt vibrate wickedly like the Acerbis. The rubber bellows went south a couple years ago, no big deal. Seems to me $14 is worth it for a new one......

PS: I think the ball socket is adjustable for compression ?

https://www.denniskirk.com/dual-sport-universal-mirror-970510.p391305.prd

Its interesting how we all have a different idea as for what a mirror is for our own way of having one and using them.

My angle idea (which is skewed for sure) for a mirror on a DS bike is strictly to have one on for legality sake (acerbis is perfect for that use), in my case 99% folded down mode. I grew up in NY riding on the street and never used mirrors, they are completly unsafe to trust IMHO, its always revolving head mode anyway.

The other suggestions are completly legit as well with super nice quality items listed and all are valuable depending upon each of our thoughts on what we need or think we need.

Thats my comment for the day. PS the Acerbis mirrors suck for most folks real world mirror use, but if you need a mirror to pass that roadside ticket inspection they are tops (light small and easy to stow).

Just be safe out there SDARs no matter how you use your mirrors. RN

I run the acerbis on my street legal dirt bikes; they weigh nothing, they are cheap, and they placate the CHP

Just dont expect to see anything in them with a thumper even idling. the plastic stalk is made from al dente pasta (no offense Jon)

The double-takes seem like great mirrors, and at $50 they are 2.5x as expensive as the acerbis... who care? It is a legitimate mirror that you can use, and they seem well made

another note on the acerbis... i have cracked the glass on 2 of them; without crashing or even dropping the bike. Just from engine vibes/jumps/wheelies/woops/washboard...

I have that same mirror, has been great. I guess I dont unfold mine very often still works great and it doesnt vibrate wickedly like the Acerbis. The rubber bellows went south a couple years ago, no big deal. Seems to me $14 is worth it for a new one......

PS: I think the ball socket is adjustable for compression ?

https://www.denniskirk.com/dual-sport-universal-mirror-970510.p391305.prd

Thanks DustyRock!! You saved me some cash. I found the nut that tightens the ball socket. Problem solved.

I respectfully disagree. Had one break last week while I was riding across 56. Thinking about HDB.

3321506_290.jpg

These are my favorite mirror for Adv use- fold nicely and don't have a lot of extra hardware on which I'll impale myself. Clean installation. Available here http://www.moto-science.com/product/ktm-ultimate-folding-mirror-225-325mm-adj-10mm-perch-6804p-pair

and they make them for non-KTM bikes.

That typed, I'll be taking them off when I install the HDB handguards like I have on the little bike.

I found the nut that tightens the ball socket.

Fortunate for a man of your advanced years.

I have used a simple clamp on mirror that hangs just under the bars, for years and like it a lot. Cheap, simple, works wells and hangs out of the way. It is not something you're gonna catch the boys on when making those graceful, flying, over the bars dismounts.

link

I found the nut that tightens the ball socket.

Fortunate for a man of your advanced years.

Hmmm. I guess I could have worded that a little better.