ADV Bum

NO POWER!

Are having a Ncounty power outage? All of SD outage? Rolling brown outs? WTH? Turn off the Air conditioners people.

Big outage. PB is out. Radio stations are out. Stations with Mexican broadcast antennas are the only ones still live.

Are having a Ncounty power outage? All of SD outage? Rolling brown outs? WTH? Turn off the Air conditioners people.

UTribune -- Dana Pt to Baja Cal OUT.

Inadvertent circuit cut. 6-8 hrs estimate from unofficial online source.

Turn off your computer and cell phone unless you have a charging source.

If I run my tv and cable box off the generator can I still watch the game, since I still have cable service for the computer.

i'm stuck at work! the roads outside of the building are all a parking lot. doesn't look like i will get to leave anytime soon... wish i was on a bike right now.

mike, turn on the AC in the toyhauler and take the family to the trailer.

Thanks Brad. That would be the last option. Nice ocean breezes dont ya know. Toyhauler does have dish, but if the cable is working for the computer (it and modem hooked to back up battery power) would it not make sense that I could hook up the genny and power up TV and cable box to watch the game? If power does not come on before game time I will be giving it a try.

According to a friend who works at san onofre a large line in AZ was severed. Parts of Imperial, San Diego, Riverside, counties as well as parts of AZ and Mexico are blacked out probably through the night.

YATZZE, I made it!!!

Home, sweet Home...

"She" has Never looked SO good inside my garage...!!!

What a "battle".... With those caged drivers.

Got killed 'bout 4 times. ... No lights equals "Just keep going"

WTF is Everybody else thinking? ---nothing at all, I presume.

Actually, I do....

----I WANT TO GET HOME----B4 U --MF..

B safe ya'll... AND extinguish All candles B4 going to bed/sleep

___--- intresting times.. .. Xoxo

The big bummer at my house is when the power goes out, so does our well pump, so we also have no water. Now I just need to figure out why our landlines are out now too. The power is on, but no phones. :blink:

I was here in Florida getting some facebook posts, a text here and there...and that's it! Nothing on the tv or radio in florida, so I could just hope for the best for family and friends...

Glad it all worked out for y'all- we had to toss a couple thousand dollars worth of product, but the managers did a good job putting our plan in to place

I've wanted a small generator anyway, so that may have been just the nudge I needed...

I've wanted a small generator anyway, so that may have been just the nudge I needed...

Agree Bob.

I keep my motorhome full of gas, fresh water and propane all the time. When the 07 fires came within 2 blocks of my house I had it loaded and ready to go. Last night I pulled it up to the garage and ran an extension cord from the generator to my refrigerator in the house. At least my wife's ice cream didn't melt. :rolleyes:

At The Ready:

4 Cliff Bars - 1 Quart of Water - and a bag of freeze dried Ice Cream.

BTW, Thanks Ken

Almost broke out the Spaghetti MRE just to see how it tasted. I'll save it for a real emergency I guess.

Power has been on since like 8:30pm in Escondido

It didn't come back till 3:30 in the morning at my house. Twelve hours....fridge got warm, frozen stuff melted in the freezer.

My level of discomfort was high, just bought a new 2012 KTM 300XC and put it in the garage and then power went out. Couldn't get it out of the garage to take it for a quick ride (without bringing in generator from van) and not enough light to work on it. Could have been worse, got enough food in fridge and fire up bbq along with propane lantern and a nice relaxing if frustrating evening.

My level of discomfort was high, just bought a new 2012 KTM 300XC and put it in the garage and then power went out. Couldn't get it out of the garage to take it for a quick ride (without bringing in generator from van) and not enough light to work on it. Could have been worse, got enough food in fridge and fire up bbq along with propane lantern and a nice relaxing if frustrating evening.

You don't happen to like 300 XC's do you?

cn

Guest Crusty

The power went on at about 10:40 PM, here in Carlsbad. nobody cheered it ruined another great party.

My neighbor Tony had a bomb fire out front, Live acoustic band, 30 or so friends over.

we had plenty of light, radio,food,but had to lute a neighbor-customers house for ice cream,

He had called me earlier in the day and asked me if I wanted any meat, or fish that he had in his freezer.

Sure, I will save you the drive from Magic Mountain.heh.gifheh.gif "(Well What do you have".........)I also have 2 freezers full.coolio.gif

My whole neighborhood was planning a huge BBQ. today and then the power came on.angry.gif

You don't happen to like 300 XC's do you?

cn

LOL much to like, actually I wanted to try a 250XC this year just to see but they were further delayed so fortunately managed to get a 300 instead. The 11/12 6 speed box is major improvement, 11 suspension/frame was again big improvment so looking forward to 2002 to see how linkage and other updates work. 300 is far from ideal everwhere, my 530 is great but cant match speed of 300 but I've ridden KTM 125 and 250f ktm's in nasty conditions and thet rule.

I found the evening to be quite entertaining....amazing how society today has grown to be so STUPID!

I witnessed 2 guys pushing a car out of a gas station. They were obviously upset that the gas station had no power to pump the gas. Stupid guys decided to push the car to get enough speed to coast down a hill. They must have had an awesome plan of laying on the horn while entering intersections so they would get through first.

Poor guys had to start over at one intersection cause a tractor trailer had already started travelling through. While stopped I couldn't help it....rolled down my window and yelled out to them "Why you pushing it?!......Power go out?!" Funny thing was their answer between pants. "YA!...This sucks!"

Seemed to be the talk of the town yesterday...."ya have fun yesterday?.....during the power outage?"

I witnessed another dumb moment at Target. Two women ran into each other while shopping and decided to talk for a bit. (typical woman fashion...right in the middle of the aisle so everybody needs to go around them)

The conversation went like this....

Blonde bimbo: were you scared last night with no power?

brunette: no...we made do

Blonde: we were starving...drove around and nobody had power to make anything all stores were closed!

Brunette: we made spaghetti

Blonde: how? our stove wouldnt turn on

Brunette: ours is gas...

Blonde: so is ours but it wouldnt turn on

Brunette: we just turned it on and used a lighter to light it

Blonde: we tried that and it just wouldnt work

Brunette: we used a lighter...like a bic lighter...could have used matches also

Blonde: ya...our lighter had no power...we starved

I was driving around in all the confusion before I realized that it was more than just a localized outage. Intersections looked like a scene from a third world country half the time. :wacko:

Pretty cool actually. I fired up my firepit and several of my neighbors came by and hung out. We decided that we need to kill the power on our street at least once a month. Theres no streetlights in our little neighborhood, and you can usually see some stars at night but I was amazed at how much clearer they were with the whole town dark,, even with a 3/4 moon out.