firematt

Lets See Your Man Caves!

man cave n. A dedicated area of a house,

such as a basement, workshop, or garage,

where a man can be alone or socialize with his friends.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

The primary mission of this new topic is to give cave dwellers a centralized location to display their Man Caves and Bikes.

post-3272-096396500 1304700181_thumb.jpg

post-3272-031440300 1304700188_thumb.jpg

post-3272-099031200 1304700192_thumb.jpg

post-3272-041195600 1304700197_thumb.jpg

post-3272-083284400 1304700202_thumb.jpg

post-3272-069984500 1304700207_thumb.jpg

post-3272-082508700 1304700213_thumb.jpg

post-3272-022355200 1304700219_thumb.jpg

Matt, that is a brilliant garage!!!

I hate you!!! :coolio: (that sounds more manley than 'My wife won't let me have a mancave and I'm totally envious of yours)

OK - even I'm envious...... One minor change though - replace the bikini photos with pictures of Chad Reed on his bike, shirtless, MX pants.... well, you get the idea :wub:

VERY NICE!! My garage doesn't even come close so I'd be ashamed to post any pictures of it.

By the way, what the heck is that thing mounted on the wall behind your hanging mountain bike. That think looks scary! There has to be a good story there...

By the way, what the heck is that thing mounted on the wall behind your hanging mountain bike. That think looks scary! There has to be a good story there...

Before I was a firefighter, I use to work for the movie industry doing animatronics. He was from a movie I worked on in 97. This was the way we did it back before computers could generate the images they do today. So needless to say my abilities went the way of the dinosaurs… Just goes to show (Adapt or Die)…..

OK - even I'm envious...... One minor change though - replace the bikini photos with pictures of Chad Reed on his bike, shirtless, MX pants.... well, you get the idea :wub:

Sorry I should have been more PC when I labeled this topic by calling it, show us your (People Cave) LOL. I need to be more courteous to our “Dual Sport Sisters” out there…

As far as putting up pictures of Chad Reed, I can’t help you there girl. :)

ahhahaahahh NICE ! How much to rent the corner w/ bikini babe posters + 1 spot to park my bike :rolleyes: Nice KLR btw :torch:

Nice garage. You are making some of us look pretty bad.

This is embarrassing.

My wife would be horrified if she knew I posted a photo of my garage.

That look like India Chris. Is it?

Yes, it's a long drive to the Man Cave, but there's a wine shop right next store so I call it home.

Covered in Wine

I'll post up some real pics after awhile.

Us women have a place for our motorcycles too, but "woman cave" sounds a bit subject to off color remarks, so I'll just call my garage the motorcycle cave....but it's to jammed up with junk and is falling apart so I will spare showing any pictures of it. Suffice to say that it has a full sized lift, a tire changing machine and a computer spin balancer in it. along with a couple of roll aways, a twenty ton press, a wheel truing stand and some other stuff. :king:

Oh....and a few motorcycles. :whistle:

Is there is a corner with cool posters? Every cave requires that, regardless of type.

Is there is a corner with cool posters? Every cave requires that, regardless of type.

There's too much rain damage inside for posters. The walls get wet and moldy in there. Still, there's a Domiracer poster and a couple of Kawasaki posters in some of the spots that stay dry. Scott Summers and Jeff Fredette get to be in my bedroom...well, their posters get to, anyway. :blush::lol:

My new garage, before I started filling it up. I currently have about three bikes disassembled now and need to get a few more this week. Hopefully in a few months it will be completely full.

post-14524-075336200 1304740551_thumb.jp

post-14524-083621000 1304740564_thumb.jp

post-14524-023997000 1304740574_thumb.jp

Looks good.. keep them coming.. less your home cleaning them for the post shot..?

I'm going to clean mine before I post... it's a wreck right now

but it does have: a rock wall, a kayak, a surfboard, 5 bikes, 6 bicycles, a pool table, foosball a workbench and a camping chair next to the camping cooler...

I had a nice chair and a nice refrigerator, but the mice claimed the chair and I gave the frig away before the mice claimed that too... (how is that frig Tom?)

but the reality, for me, is: it's not a man cave as long as the wife and kids know where it is... 4 years olds helping work on bikes is just an exercise in frustration...

a real man cave has solitude... I have NONE of that

I had a nice chair and a nice refrigerator, but the mice claimed the chair and I gave the frig away before the mice claimed that too... (how is that frig Tom?)

The fridge is the only cool part of my man cave mess. I have three bikes, a bunch of junk parts, three years of back issues of Playboy, one year of back issues of Easy Rider, a grille from a 1970 IH Scout and a VW chassis without a body on it. At least I have a sink.

a real man cave has solitude... I have NONE of that

My wife never cared about the garage, it is my domain. When I was running my parts business and had it filled with bikes and parts, she didn't care. Now I have a shop with over a 1000sqft of shop space, two offices and a bathroom. She is just happy I have a big enough place to tear apart bikes. I get to spend between 8-12 a day 5-6 days a week in solitude in my man cave. I found a way to tinker with bikes all day long in a stress free environement AND make some money doing it. I do all internet sales, so I have no shop hours. No employees, so no headaches. My retirement check covers my overhead, no stress. Life is good.

Envious as well!...I guess all of us need to do some spring cleaning before we wanna post pics...me included.....I'd looove to have half those tools!! I enjoy garage time and learning to work on my 4 bikes (use to be the quad that's still hanging out neglected).......But still room for a bike or 2!!!!I

I usually buy a new specialty tool or other shop item once a month, makes it easier to acummulate all the tools needed. The biggest time saving tool I bought was a $5 spring remover. Having the right tools for the job makes life so much easier. Great thing about tools is they pay for themselves. When I needed to replace a bunch of gaskets on my 95 F-150, shops charge $800.00 to replace oil pan gasket since engine needs to be pulled. I replaced clutch, flywheel, shifting forks and half the gaskets along with a engine hoist, jacks, torque wrench and other tools for $1200.00. Still have all the tools.

I have all the tools, just need the know how to use them. Engines scare me still. I'm too inpatient . Thank goodness for All American in Romona