dirt dame

11/25/10 A Thanksgiving Ride To Remember

Man, was it ever cold last night! :o There was frost on the lawn and all the car windshields were iced over at 7:00 this morning. Christi and I had conspired to slap together a nice dualsport ride at the last minute, yesterday. There is no better way to spend a holiday than with a good trail bike and a good friend. :party: So this is what we got today:

Some fireroads....

IMG_0093.jpg

Some singletrack and cowtrails....

IMG_0088.jpg

Some long forgotten, washed out Jeep trails (brand new stuff!)....

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

And lots of this stuff....once we got up into it, I started to run around and take pictures like I was a little kid who was seeing their first snow. :blush:

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

I was running too fast to get this shot in focus. It's a rare sight to see Christi's bike on the ground. :lol:

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

The Michelin tires that were so bad handling on pavement and dry hard dirt, were sooo nice in the mud and snow. ^_^

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Christi's bike didn't want to have any traction. When I stopped at this spot, I thought that I had shifted into neutral, but the bike felt funny and rough at idle. I looked down and noticed that even though I was parked, the bike was still in first gear and the rear tire was spinning. :lol:

IMG_0079.jpg

Winter wonderland.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Letting some air out of the rear tire.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

B)

You are unreal, your photos and reports are just wonderful.

you really should be a private guide

That's so cooooool.

Ain't that the truth! Whether we were in snow or not it was frizzin cold out! :rolleyes:

Outstanding stuff. Good on ya for getting out there. Beautiful pics....thx for sharing.

Hey Mimi, that's a good time...gotta chase the snow for a fun ride at least once a winter. Watch out for that ice! I got laid out by some this weekend and feel like I got in a car wreck.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Mimi, that's a good time...gotta chase the snow for a fun ride at least once a winter. Watch out for that ice! I got laid out by some this weekend and feel like I got in a car wreck.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

All the water puddles were frozen over and if I hit one that the wheel didn't break through, things got rather wacky fast. :wacko:

Love the pics mimi.....looks like an awesome ride......Got my first ride in snow today North of Bishop......write up later.

Mimi thanks for sharing! That looked great! I’ve been in snow lately but without a bike. :( Keep up the reports please.

Thanks again to Mimi for leading the way and showing me some awesome trails. This was my first time in real snow. My back tire just kept digging ice ruts. Fun stuff. I sure had a great time. Can't wait to go back and explore some more.

Great pics as usual! :good:

Thanks again to Mimi for leading the way and showing me some awesome trails. This was my first time in real snow. My back tire just kept digging ice ruts. Fun stuff. I sure had a great time. Can't wait to go back and explore some more.

We need to get back out there (maybe with a little less snow ^_^ ) and see where that one Jeep trail ends up at. Hopefully, it will go through unobstructed to where it looks like it does on Google Earth. :good:

As usual enjoyed the photos Mimi. Gotta ride with you one of these days but not in this kind of cold.