dsfox

Big Bear Coon Cabin Weekend Adventure

Home or camping, I start my day with some organic low fat yogurt. :lol:

I was suggesting the toyhauler because it could haul a bunch of bikes and more riders with less vehicles. I do understand if all involved want to be more rustic though. Looks like it is filling up fast. The cabin floor is not looking all that inviting.

I was suggesting the toyhauler because it could haul a bunch of bikes and more riders with less vehicles. I do understand if all involved want to be more rustic though. Looks like it is filling up fast. The cabin floor is not looking all that inviting.

Heya, It is a great Idea..and if you want to go, it should be fine....right now I have you on the list for 1 person (yourself) and 2 vehicles. (truck/hauler)..so thats totally cool......pm me if you have other family coming, so I can count them....or just let me know if not, so I have correct numbers...thanks a bunch...deb

....right now I have you on the list for 1 person (yourself) and 2 vehicles. (truck/hauler)..so thats totally cool......

I am not spoiled to need two vehicles with the toyhauler all to myself. I will just bring myself and the Land Orca/ sportsmobile.

This looks like an awesoem trip, but it is the same weekend as the Motocross Nationals at Pala and I will be manning a booth there. Darn it! Nice cabin.

I am considering grabbing my two boys, running up to Pinnacles area Saturday, crashing the cabin festivities Sat night, find a camp spot in the forest (or brothers cabin in Arrowhead), then riding again Sunday

any other family types interested in that? Kids are 13 and 11 and decent riders, albeit on slow bikes.... xr70 and ttr125

I am in for sure with 1 truck . Leave Esco friday ??? o'clock if anyone wants to pool let me know I am open.

This will work out great cuz Beeze owes me some chairs from years ago .

Great job DEB.

My internet has been down for a few davs so I haven't been able to chime in.

But it looks like you have it all under control.

I will have a tent set up there and living in it as of Aug 29th.

(still gotta go to work in Big Bear every day but the ride to and from every day will be awesome.)

I did it last night without a headlight. Not by choice.

I rode out to scope out my yellow post site and to see the layout of the cabin again. I've got some ideas on set up of cooking equipment and such.

I will also be bringing r a cord of wood.

Call me when we gewt close on food purchase, ice, cooking equipment.......etc

GREAT JOB DEB

Add a guest (Wade) to Dstss and Fenix. The 3 of us will be in one truck. Really looking forward to this trip. Thanks for setting it up Deb.

Wonderwoman and Beezzz have to cancel out. Sorry. We will be dualsporting in Yosemite for 23rd wedding anniverary. Wonderwoman has never been and it has been 30 years for me. Should be great. Sorry to miss it.

:D See update to first post and list of attendees as of today......few spaces left.....Vehicles about MAXED OUT....so start planning truck pooling.....Can't wait....deb

:D See update to first post and list of attendees as of today......few spaces left.....Vehicles about MAXED OUT....so start planning truck pooling.....Can't wait....deb

Me and covered in mud will probably truck pool however I may pull a small trailer, if need be, with supplies. I can bring stuff like canopies, tables, chairs, 6' grill (the one I brought to the dash) coolers full of ice or what ever else you think we may need.

If we need to condense further, I am willing to carpool. Need room for me and all my crap can be in the rolling guest house.

offroadtrailer004.jpg

Safe, secure parking available in Big Bear for those that mihgt need to truckpool once you get here.

Not to mention the YellowPosts in the immediate area are first come first serve and free. I dont see why someone couldn't pick a yellowpost as there own and use it primarily as parking space.

I will have a YelloowPost set up with no vehicles. So count that as two possible additional spots for overflow parking.

Of course there might be a small service fee of helping me transport my camp gear back to Big Bear on Sunday.

Me and covered in mud will probably truck pool however I may pull a small trailer, if need be, with supplies. I can bring stuff like canopies, tables, chairs, 6' grill (the one I brought to the dash) coolers full of ice or what ever else you think we may need.

Sweeeet!....Thanks so much...Big coolers/ice might be the need..maybe the grill. or we could bring 2 small ones???.....I will do shopping the week before...thought of getting the carne from your little local market.......Let's coordinate.....You are the "master" at group event stuff.....all sounds awesome, trailers count as a vehicle also, so I'll leave you 2 with 2 vehicles....like Johnnybads said, we also have a couple extra spaces for parking...

Come on Kug, throw her on the back and let's ride.

cid

WOW very organized. Sounds like the perfect weeked but I might have to pass , B) My Mom is visting so throw a log on the fire for me.

Come on Kug, throw her on the back and let's ride.

cid

WOW very organized. Sounds like the perfect weeked but I might have to pass , B) My Mom is visting so throw a log on the fire for me.

NOT -She is a bit older than you and might break !

Not sure that I can make the camping, but will probably make a day trip out of it. Will confirm for meals and associated costs. Any more info on the yellow post sites and where to find them?

**edit**

Add me to the camping list. :)

CableJockey will be bringing one vehicle. I will park it in the farthest corner, pointing away from the camp, downwind, windows up, and sleep in the back. I don't snore, I SNORE.

Too late to get in on this??

Would be cool to have a group of us show up to the BBTR meeting and show some support.

Not sure that I can make the camping, but will probably make a day trip out of it. Will confirm for meals and associated costs. Any more info on the yellow post sites and where to find them?

the YellowPosts are just that. Designated sites marked with a Yellow Post. Similar to a trail marker or an underground gas or cable marker.

First come, first serve, free, 14 day max, usually with a table or two and most with fire rings.

8 person max and 2 vehicles. There are SEVERAL on 1N02 which is the Forestry road leading in to the cabin.

Would be cool to have a group of us show up to the BBTR meeting and show some support.

Meeting is at 9:00 at Nottingham's Restaurant. Big Bear Blvd one block west of Pine Knot. Across from Post office.

I posted on there site as a heads up. I think I Will give Miguel or Jim a call and make sure we aren't crashing. Also to give the establishment a heads up on extras. There was talk last month of going to a buffet style breakfast instead of 'everyone for him/herself.

I WILL be attending.

Awesome....I'll add you to the list....make a deal with you....if you want to help me "prepare" better tracks......I'll move you to the TOP of the list...:lol: ....I have a raw track file...but not pretty like you guys make them....let's talk this weekend and work it out.....