Bagstr

Saturday 100 Mile Loop - Anza

Revised Start!!! After discussion, we (The Capt & I ) decided the Pinyon Canyon hadn't been tackled recently, by we two. We Will be starting from the Pinyon Mtn. Trailhead just across the street from the StageCoach Resort. Arriving between 0900 & 0930 after a stop at the Julian Coffee and Tea Shop on the south end of Julian, meeting there 0800 coffee/breakfast.

The Route will be through the Squeeze and Pinyon Drop as pictured in Crawdaddy's reference. We could go south from Fish Creek OR North up to Vista del Malpai. Return to trucks probably about 3:00PM

Beezz - Hope you have a great ride. Teriffic area.

Papaalex - Should be fun

My number is in the Members Contact area

Sorry for the confusion, but I am just an Apprentice Ride Leader

Feel pretty well recovered from Primm. Time to get with it again. Usual Drill, Coffee/Breakfast at Julian Coffee and Tea 0800. Captcham may or may not make it as he is taking care of his wife after hand surgery.

I prefer Saturday this week but it could Morf into Sunday Depending on Team issues.

The Loop +-100 miles. Grapevine, Jasper, Culp, Inspiration, Truckhaven, Vista del Malpai, Fault W. San Felipe W, Old Borrego Rd.

Varied terrain including deep sand washes. Conditions should be about as good as it gets, 60-65F, planning on moisture in the sand.

Everyone welcome. Just bring your own tubes and wrenches.

727544315_EBLaB-L.jpg

Dangit.. Can't make it this week but I want a rain check on that ride.

Would like to join you Dave but I have obligations this weekend. I will try to make the next one.

Don

Sounds very interesting !! I got to figure out my miss in my pickup ??? I will keep lurking

Conditions should be about as good as it gets, 60-65F, planning on moisture in the sand.

Agreed......I may sign on for this ride if the Superstition area is closed off......

Yes, figuring out the ladies in vehicles works best for me as well. My missus and I usually have long discussions in the Highlander on long trips. Who knows, she may even figure me out some as well.

Sounds very interesting !! I got to figure out my miss in my pickup ??? I will keep lurking

Like I said, Everyone is welcome, even Dual Sport Icons.

Reports from last week indicate excellent riding potential.

Conditions should be about as good as it gets, 60-65F, planning on moisture in the sand.

Agreed......I may sign on for this ride if the Superstition area is closed off......

Mother in law arrived last night to help out so it looks like I can get out on Sat. :unsure: Bagster, how about seeing some new ground out there? Ideas? Diablo drop? Have not been down Pinyon in awhile?

Bagster,

I can't ride this weekend (family obligations) or I would join you. Next time. I can do Friday 1-29-10 though.

Change of Plans, What else is new?? See First Post. We are moving to Pinyon Mtn. Trailhead.

This is getting better and better

Im out of the Otay ride and in on this 1

To quote an ex girlfriend:

Fine. Just fing fine.

:)

To quote an ex girlfriend:

Fine. Just fing fine.

:)

Did you just break up with me. :declare:

Change of Plans, What else is new?? See First Post. We are moving to Pinyon Mtn. Trailhead.

Ooh, I'd love to get in on this ride, if that's alright with you bagstr.

I've got a dr350 with a 200 mile range, and I carry my own maps, gps, tools and tubes.

Don't have access to the members section, though. Not sure how that works. Maybe I have to wash someone's truck or something. :declare: :)

Bfar,

You've seen the photos, if you are game for the drops and the deep sand, we are happy to have you. Gas should be no more than 90 miles regardless of direction we take.

Check you PM for a cell #

Ooh, I'd love to get in on this ride, if that's alright with you bagstr.

I've got a dr350 with a 200 mile range, and I carry my own maps, gps, tools and tubes.

Don't have access to the members section, though. Not sure how that works. Maybe I have to wash someone's truck or something. :declare: :)

BTW: Nobody will leave anyone to themselves if you feel that you are not ready for the dropoff AKA heart attack hill. I have ridden plenty of other peoples bikes down for them. You will have to deal with the sand yourself tho. :)

Hey y'all riding in those areas, please let me know of any major obstacles or washouts from the previous rains........a lot of what you're riding is on the Desert Dash. If you have a GPS and you see any problems on the routes you're on, please set a waypoint so we can check to see if it's on the Dash.

Thanks a lot !

O' yes throwing wrenches in the plan as always, I just thought we might want to kick it up a notch and get the old blood flowing!!!

Not really that tuff, pull up your skirts and you'll do fine, really not that bad and we always help everyone thru. Hope to see some new faces out there.

So if you guys are leaving around 9:30.....any idea about what time you may be at Heart Attack? I will be just off Split Mtn. rd. all weekend and may ride through Fish Creek to meet you at the ridge......turn around and ride back with you guys to finish the ride. Then head back to Split Mtn.

Not sure if I missed it, but what's the starting address so I can look it up on mapquest?

Hoss,

Cypher 6.6 miles at about 20 miles per hr = 20minutes. No I don't think so.

In the real world about 30-45 minutes with stops for the view in Pinyon Canyon.

10:00 to 10:30 I recon. That sounds fun to see you at the bottom of the Hill.

650h,

4.6 miles south of Hwy 78 on S-2. At the Stagecoach Resort. Got a map?

Try Tom Harrison San Diego Backcountry, Rec Map. REI ect.