Metal Twister

Single track trail and Tot Lot at C.C. January 9th, 2010

Do we just show up at the CC parking lot at 0930 FRI? I'd like to put the word out

to the guys I ride with.

Thanks!

EDIT- Oops, I see that's SAT, not FRI....

FIRST POST: "Meet at 9:00 sharp at four corners parking area for the pre work briefing"

Per Richard Tull, ranger in charge of Corral Canyon, the meeting place is 9:00 to 9:30am latest, at 4 Corners Parking Lot / Trailhead in Corral Canyon.

If you have them, bring gloves, goggles, hardhat.

Weedwhackers would be nice, if you have a good one.

Don't worry about volunteer agreement forms, Richard will have them there. Once we fill them out, we won't need to again.

Also, we can volunteer to work there anytime we want, as long as there are a few people, and there is someone in charge who attended this workday on Saturday the 9th.. Richard doesn't have to be there all the time while we do work.

It is OK to bring your motorcycles, and go riding afterwards.

any idea how late we would be working?

Probably all day, but you can leave whenever you want.

I am driving my truck down from Vista tomorrow morning (Sat. the 9th). I will be leaving Vista at 7:30 and be returning before dark. If you want meet at my shop and ride down with me to work on the trail send me a PM.

I see a lot of people "volunteering" to go on rides that others have taken the effort to plan, but I don't see many wanting to "give back" to the sport by spending a day helping when you have the chance. Well here is your chance, step up to the plate and take a swing. It is only one day and it will make you feel good doing it. I would think twice as many members would be able to get away for one day, as would be able to get away for an entire weekend in Primm riding. Lets show that SDAR knows how to give back. ^_^ Ken

If you want to ride at the end of the day. Let me know.

I'll have my bike out there (640).

I'm leaving Poway at 8, will head down 67 to lake jennings road, etc...

if any North or East county folks would like to carpool....you are welcome to ride down with me..I plan to stay for as long as they need...maybe head back by 4?

I have room in my truck for another person and bike, if anyone wants to carpool from east county.

Also........REMINDER.......if you have a decent wheed-whacker, please bring it.

and please bring your own gloves and goggles, and hardhats if you have them.

Wear long pants and boots.

Bring some water and I'll bring some extra.

Probably should bring your own lunch.

I am out due to a DH race this weekend ^_^

Sorry guys...It'll be interesting to see how the trail turns out though!

How long is the trail going to be? What level of difficulty?

I'll be riding my 300 after trail work. Will bring a weedwacker with extra line.

Bring a trail type lunch with you and you can do lunch in the middle of the work schedule. Work a little, eat, work a little then RIDE! or whatever?

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout. I think there are some lurkers that might show up too.

See you all in the morning. 9:00 am at 4 Corners Parking Lot / Trailhead in Corral Canyon.

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout.

I am hopeful that 3% of our registered members will show up. See you in the morning. :unsure: Ken

I am hopeful that 3% of our registered members will show up. See you in the morning. :unsure: Ken

Total membership and active membership is a HUGE difference :)

Total membership and active membership is a HUGE difference :)

Lets just say I will be impressed if as many people show up supporting SDAR as show up for the 2 day ride next weekend :P .

I'm active but unavailable... if it helps at all, I pick up trash EVERY time I go to Corral... ask anybody... they'll tell you

Trail days seem to happen on Saturdays, and I work that day... I really wish I could be there to build the trail and the tot lot. Those kids are our future

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout. I think there are some lurkers that might show up too.

Piratemonkey usually attends this type of event.

Ok I just got off the phone with Richard again... Update

If you have a shovel, hardhat or loppers it might be good to bring them as well as the glasses and gloves.

if not no biggie they will have them.

If your there to work on the trails, NO Adventure pass is needed tomorrow.

Be there around 9:00 or so for the paperwork etc. Work will start at 9:30... If your late find us and will get ya caught up on what to do.

Thanks again to everyone, not the most exciting way to spend your Saturday, but one of the best ways to spend it that I can think of.

Taking care of other commitments that keep me from being there, wish I could though.

Thanks guys for the help this weekend... We had a large group composed of several different clubs and forums to cut the new trails... It's group efforts like these that really gets things done. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out on the new trails. Thanks Again to everyone who showed up to help, and to those who are about to... Great SDAR showing especially for such a short notice. Its a beautiful day in So Cal for Off roaders... a few general pics of the day.

GeorgeMorenosDoor043.jpg

GeorgeMorenosDoor088.jpg

GeorgeMorenosDoor071.jpg

Sorry I only have 4x4 trail building pics. I just realized we have to work twice as hard as you single track guys. LOL

Oh, right. We saw how you guys clear a trail- with the bulldozers you call Jeeps!

Seriously, it was a great day, and an excellent example of how different members of the off-road community can share our rights and privileges.

After the initial chalk-talk from Ranger Tull, I put down the camera and picked up the tools, so I didn't shoot much of our trail building efforts. Here's some walk/talk images:

post-399-1263144768_thumb.jpg

post-399-1263144793_thumb.jpg

post-399-1263144815_thumb.jpg