Metal Twister

Single track trail and Tot Lot at C.C. January 9th, 2010

With all the trails being closed we actually have the opportunity to help build some new ones!

I received a call this morning from Richard Tull, CC park ranger in charge. This Saturday January 9 at 9:30 am work will start on new 4x4 trail #11, The Motorcycle Tot Lot, And the motorcycle single track trail the length of the park. It is all marked out and ready to be cleared and groomed. Richard needs volunteer manpower. Tools and instruction will be provided. We need to bring safety glasses of some type, gloves, water, and lunch. It dosnt sound like very heavy work just grooming and cutting some brand new trails. Its our park and we have a golden opportunity to improve it considerably. I volunteered SCUFF to work on the 4x4 trail 11 if you would like to join us it would be appreciated. This is a golden opportunity for SDAR to help build the new two wheel trails. If you can make it please post up so we know how many to expect. Meet at 9:00 sharp at four corners parking area for the pre work briefing. Hope to see everyone there for a great day of work.

I'm a definite possibility.....how's that for a flimsy commitment ;)B) ......need to see what kathy has on the home agenda (besides taking down the Christmas "stuff")

i'll be there with some loppers and a weed wacker if I can work on the single track.

i'll be there with some loppers and a weed wacker if I can work on the single track.

They are going to be working all 3 areas at one time. Shouldn't be a problem working on the single track at all. If you want to bring the loppers that would be OK, but they have all the tools we will need according to Richard...

I'll be there also., then go to Borrego the next day to layout Desert Dash stuff.

Good to hear that work is finally starting. I wish I could be there but I'll have to work that day. If I can get back in time, I'll be there but as for now ..have fun without me everybody.

I'll be there also., then go to Borrego the next day to layout Desert Dash stuff.

Are we going to do our SDAR trail maintenance commitment first, or just work on the single track?

Are we going to do our SDAR trail maintenance commitment first, or just work on the single track?

Ken, I talked to Richard Tull......working on this trail will cover the maintenance we did NOT do last year, so we're good. We'll plan 2 days of trail maintenance for our adopted Kiernan Cycle Trail later this year.

Ken, I talked to Richard Tull......working on this trail will cover the maintenance we did NOT do last year, so we're good. We'll plan 2 days of trail maintenance for our adopted Kiernan Cycle Trail later this year.

I was just out there a week ago. There's nothing to do to it. The trees/bushes are trimmed, there's no ruts to fill, rocks to toss. I guess we could just get together, walk the trail and have few cold ones?

I was just out there a week ago. There's nothing to do to it. The trees/bushes are trimmed, there's no ruts to fill, rocks to toss. I guess we could just get together, walk the trail and have few cold ones?

If OUR trail is in good shape, then we can just ride it with some plastic bags and pick up any trash we see. But, of course when doing this, it must go through the paperwork process so it's "official".

can anyone check with the gentleman organizing this if we can clear trail 7 also? Its been closed for a while and just needs some trimming to be rideable again. thanks in advance.

Wow, an opprotunity to indulge myself in some good 'ol chain gang labor. I'll check my schedule and clear it through the warden. I'd like to help out. Were is the meeting place exactly?? I can get to 4 corners or the pine valley exit culdesac with ease. Anything else may require further directions.

Are they going to have permission forms there, or should we download them and bring them with us? Also don't forget you need your adventure pass for parking. Ken

I should be able to be there...

sorry if silly questions....do we need to have a bike to get to and from trails we are working on or does that look like we're not serious aobut working etc?....and also, when work is done will there be time to ride?...

this will bring back memories of surveying in new england and cutting line everywhere we wanted to go....I actually enjoyed that....except in long days of rain or snow....(why I hate the rain)

Sorry for the late notice......just got this e-mail myself........Richard Tull will be at the SDORC meeting tonight, Tuesday January 5th.........please show up if you want to know about what's going on.......I will find out more info about the Work this weekend.

Happy New Year from SDORC!

SDORC's first general meeting of 2010 will be held this coming Tuesday January 5, 2010 at the Ranch House Restaurant in Santee. Our guest this month will be Richard Tull from the Cleveland National Forest. Richard will give us an update on the activities in the Cleveland National Forest including the Corral Canyon OHV Area. He is also looking for volunteers to perform trail maintenance and help work on the young rider area. The work will be done this coming Saturday January 9, 2010 at 4 Corners in the OHV area.

You can sign up at the meeting or send e-mail to: volunteer@sdorc.org

Also on the agenda, SDORC staff will report on SDORC activities including the upcoming Lakeside Off-Road Days.

We hope to see you then!

Date: 1/5/2010

Time: 7PM ( you can join us for dinner at 6PM)

11510 Woodside Avenue

Santee, CA

Phone: 619-448-2087

I cleared my schedule for Saturday, and I'll bring some extra gloves and glasses for anyone who forgets or can't come up with some. I'll check back for a meeting place.

Do we just show up at the CC parking lot at 0930 FRI? I'd like to put the word out

to the guys I ride with.

Thanks!

EDIT- Oops, I see that's SAT, not FRI....

Sorry I can't make the trail grooming party. But I will be dreaming of being there while I tile my shower and bathroom floor.

CRAP... I spaced the meeting. I really planned on going too. Sorry :huh:

Hope you all have a great time

BC