SDlineman

Glamis North KOA family adventure

I'm NOT in for shopping...much rather be riding...desert season is fleeting...

Sooooooo, we're getting married when?? :P

Careful Roger, there's something missing here, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm thinking she turns into a werewolf on a full moon or something. Just ain't right! :lol: You know the ol adage, "if its too good to be true",,,,

have you SEEN Strega? where is that butterfield pic? RUN deb

Too late to run now, looks like she's got him in her crosshairs!

debstregars.jpg

awesome

I talked to Cal at the cg today about the spaghetti dinner. It isn't on their menu, but they are already doing it for one of the other groups on Friday, and he had offered to do the same for us. He can't do it on Saturday, but he offered to do it later Friday night (8ish sound good?) for anyone who wants it. I'm not sure if I will be there by then, but I'm going to try. I'm thinking the potluck idea would be great for Saturday night when everyone should be there.

I also released all but one of the sites he was holding for us, so if anyone is still thinking about coming, be sure to get your reservation in.

We are good with anything but it sounds like the Pot luck on Saturday would be best and allow everyone to get there and get settled. We plan to be there early Friday but we are both lucky enough to have the day off. Looking forward to a great weekend.

well, well, well....I was SUPER busy at work today, and what a day I picked to miss ALL this posting....You guys are so sweet... :wub: .and Very funny.... :lol2:

and T.....Hilarious picture in the context......(must assure you all....No wareworf here..)..though the warewolf/vampire thing is quite popular these days..(I need that little emoticon with sharp teeth they have over on advrider)..........As always, Looking forward to Riding and hanging out with everyone next week...

Just confirmed the Kabins (KOA spelling...cute) for me, Hobiee & Bikeslut.

No, you can't leave them on my credit card on check-in.

We'll be out there Friday before 5. If ya see the truck, Quad, WR combo....come say hi.

..sounds like less distance needed for most of these rides.

I GPS'd a few loops in a planning file that are BIG miles (Bradshaw Trail to Palo Verde.......and/or a run over to Glamis and back......... and/or a ride up into Joshua Tree).......

I'll be out there with daughter #2 (Cailtynn) and it'll be her first time on the CRF230F ;):) .......we'll probably be riding shorter loops.......the Red Canyon/Meccacopia loop looks to be about ~60 miles the way I laid it out.....anyone wanting a look at my GPS planning files can just send me a PM with your direct e-mail address......

Jeff snagged some GPS tracks from the folks at the KOA but I'm unable to use/read them at the moment (I dont know how to convert .rtf files??? ;) ) - Hopefully they can resend them to Jeff in .gpx (universal) or .gdb (Garmin) format......

I hope to be out there before sunset on Friday......

I dont know how to convert .rtf files??? ;) ) - Hopefully they can resend them to Jeff in .gpx (universal) or .gdb (Garmin) format......

I think you can just drop the .rtf off- change it to .gpx and you're good to go.

I dont know how to convert .rtf files??? ;) ) - Hopefully they can resend them to Jeff in .gpx (universal) or .gdb (Garmin) format......

I think you can just drop the .rtf off- change it to .gpx and you're good to go.

Just tried that.....no dice

I was unable to convert the .rtf files using GPSVisualizer or GPSBabel.

I at least feel a little better that it wasn't just because I'm retarded. Still no reply on the request for a different format. I am still pretty certain we can get them from Henry when we get there.

I at least feel a little better that it wasn't just because I'm retarded.

Which is not to say you aren't..

OK- GPS stuff still to be worked out, not that it'll help me, cuz I'm retarded too

Friday Spaghetti at the restaurant

Saturday Pot Luck-

If anybody else wants to go, I will have my enclosed trailer...with mattress and porta-potty- we can run an electric heater, too.

I just booked a tent site, so now I need to find my tent... See you guys out there.

I just booked a tent site, so now I need to find my tent... See you guys out there.

hey craig it looks like there will be room in my cabin as well if this works out better for you, looking like the wife is gonna have to cancel out

Looks like a nice weekend coming up! (even for tenting.)....Any direction on the PotLuck?......I'd like to ask to bring dessert, as I will have limited cooking ability on the coleman...

WEATHER FOR NILAND, CA :o

Thu Mar 4 Sunny 72° 47°

Fri Mar 5 Sunny 74° 49°

Sat Mar 6 Partly Cloudy 72° 47°

Sun Mar 7 Partly Cloudy 71° 49°

If we are putting it up for a vote, we vote for the pot luck on Saturday night. My wife makes a great pot of chili.

I am very envious. I really wanted to go. Wife will be working so no go. Enjoy!

I at least feel a little better that it wasn't just because I'm retarded.

Which is not to say you aren't..

OK- GPS stuff still to be worked out, not that it'll help me, cuz I'm retarded too

Friday Spaghetti at the restaurant

Saturday Pot Luck-

If anybody else wants to go, I will have my enclosed trailer...with mattress and porta-potty- we can run an electric heater, too.

I know I'm retarded, I'm just glad it wasn't the problem this time.

Yes on Fri spaghetti and Sat. potluck

dsfox Posted Today, 05:04 PM

Looks like a nice weekend coming up! (even for tenting.)....Any direction on the PotLuck?......I'd like to ask to bring dessert, as I will have limited cooking ability on the coleman...

OK-Deb has dibs on dessert.

dstss Posted Today, 06:21 PM

If we are putting it up for a vote, we vote for the pot luck on Saturday night. My wife makes a great pot of chili.

Chili sounds great.

I was planning on Getting some Carne Asada From Kennedy's Carne and doing street tacos.

If you want to post up with what you are planning on bringing, feel free. If you want it to be a surprise, that's cool too.

Just booked a site for Fri & Sat . Look forward to meeting some folks to ride with. I will have 2 other riders with me. all of us are plated EXC types and like exploring . Hope to get there early Friday 12 or so .

DON

Bummed that I may not be able to make it. Was really looking FWd to getting out there and meeting you guys. Our normal dog sitter bailed, and I guess they don't like Rotties out there...

Bummed that I may not be able to make it. Was really looking FWd to getting out there and meeting you guys. Our normal dog sitter bailed, and I guess they don't like Rotties out there...

I think that is a KOA rule about Rotties. If you haven't already, call and talk to the people at the park direct to ask about it. We have found them really nice and easy to work with. Can't hurt to ask.

Daughter number 3 (Tarrah) has to work on Friday so she bailed on this trip......she's house sitting for me and feeding my dogs......easy enough for her to swing over and feed your pup too if you're just looking for someone to swing by and say hello/feed the dog.....

C'mon Kim...we really want you there....Hope to see you then...deb

Add one more group to tent camping. Wife and son plus me to group. See you there. Arriving Sat. 9 AM.

Would anyone be able/and or have the room to give me a ride home to ramona on sunday??? Kim and i figure we can get her out there for friday and saturday most of the day to hang and ride but she will need to get home saturday evening. Actually i suppose i could just ride home on the bike if i bring my street legal ride, think i will be able to get gas in ocotillo on sunday if i ride?