bikeslut

flagstaff, sedona, crown king

I'd love to tag along on this but I don't really know if I can get off work midweek like that. I'll try though...

Wish I could meet you all up there, but schedule probably wont allow. We camped up there for a week a couple of times over at the Cinders. Pretty cool and differant as the entire area is crushed volcanic rock. You can even ride into the craters of some extinct volcanoes. We also rode an AMA sponsored dual sport ride up in Sedona a few years ago. Probably still have the gps tracks for that if anyone wants. Great area for riding. Have fun.

I guess I'm out too, unless anyone will be staying through the weekend. I guess I should be happy to have a job right now, but sometimes it seems like such a nuisance sometimes.

got some info on thumpertalk, and a couple of links... I'll start a plan for pizza and planning in the next week or so. Alan; you would be a welcome addition...

to the people that were thwarted by my date, I apologize... somebody would have had a conflict no matter when I did it... so i just did it.

as far as the mid week thing... I have 5 weeks burning up the books... I could go on a weekend, and fight traffic on the freeway AND the trails, or go mid-week, and we prolly won't see another person the whole time.

Ok TTs WR426inAZ has been so kind to provide us with some info and I now have GPS tracks and maps for two, possibly three days of riding around Flagstaff. I'm working on total mileage and locations of each trailhead, but it appears that the three tracks do not begin from the same location.

More later.

Jon

http://www.coconinotrailriders.org/blog/?page_id=16

I was denied access to an Arizona trail rider group because "bikeslut ain't gonna cut it" :blink:

So I will re-register as quadslut... I swear... some people are so sensitive to two wheeled recreation

ok- quadslut didn't work either, so I picked a different name... also found some video...

http://www.arizonatrailtalk.com/cgi/yabb/Y...?num=1248819010

brent, alan... anybody else in on the "probable"? If everybody that is interested could click on the link, it will help me plan transportation, camping, etc.

Let the planning begin...

strega; you posted on the link, but haven't posted here, yet... flying low, or just checking out the doodle thingie?

http://www.doodle.com/mk5ax9dg5aceybt6

Definitely out because I want to got to the much more scenic El Centro area for the last half of Sept and the first week of Oct. Y'all have fun in AZ!

I'm in. The construction scheduling around the house will just have to happen on my time table. After all, we're payin', right?

Can't believe I am going to miss this!!

I vote the same days the following week

tried to vote those days on doodle with no luck

Can't believe I am going to miss this!!

I vote the same days the following week

tried to vote those days on doodle with no luck

Well start another trip hoss! I can't go the following week, but the national forest might still be available. Christi- any development?

Looks like we will need two vehicles so far... I better get to work on the DRZ...

I am also GPS challenged and have never owned one, I can barely use my Blackberry :lol:

I have successfully downloaded and assessed the GPS tracks from the Coconino Trail Riders Website.

:lol:

The Airport and Wing Mt loops are pretty short, 16 and 10 miles respectively. We could easily do the two of them in one day. (?) :declare:

The Peaks loops is much longer, 57 miles :dirol: , and that does not include the "secret trail":ph34r:.

The :pilot: Airport Loop is 3 miles S of Flagstaff, just past the entrance the airport :mega_shok: .

Wing Mt is 10 miles NW and the Peaks Loop begins 14 miles NE of Flagstaff and covers just about entire North end of town. :ok: .

:)

McTrails....are you taking your rig if you're going?

I also have the Kendon 6x8 trailer we can throw in the mix if needed.

Wish I could meet you all up there, but schedule probably wont allow. We camped up there for a week a couple of times over at the Cinders. Pretty cool and differant as the entire area is crushed volcanic rock. You can even ride into the craters of some extinct volcanoes. We also rode an AMA sponsored dual sport ride up in Sedona a few years ago. Probably still have the gps tracks for that if anyone wants. Great area for riding. Have fun.

we'll take all the tracks we can get... uh... Jon will... I'm retraded with GPS... if you would kindly post a link, we can download it...

right now we are at 4 people confirmed... we should consider one vehicle... We have Pasta, Strega, Slut and Trophy... BC330, fake name, robbs, christi, lineman and dstss sounds like possibles

word on the street is, you need a plate to ride most of these trails

Jon; i would still like to include Prescott and/or Sedona for a day ride... maybe on the way TO Flag, or on the way back

threw the idea past the powers that be at the house last night.

there's is a possibility i can go too!!! read: POSSIBILITY

hope that doesn't throw too much of a vagueness on the number...

but heck, who knows.

Blind :(

Well, since the dates changed I don't think I can make this. But, I will still try to work something out. My mom lives in AZ so maybe a visit is in order.

I'm still a pretty strong maybe. Problem is I am leaving on a cruise on that Saturday so getting back late Friday is a little tight on time and finances.

Well, since the dates changed I don't think I can make this. But, I will still try to work something out. My mom lives in AZ so maybe a visit is in order.

want me to call your boss? I'm sure he would be reasonable about it... I'll play up the visit mom angle, too.

It would be great to have you along; I may need somebody to ride my bike through the difficult sections

Just a thought ..... My Mom and Dad live just outside town ( Flagstaff) off of Loupe Rd. We could set up camp there for an overnight spot. We can have showers, power, food, fire pit....etc Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, and I will set it up.

BC