bikeslut

flagstaff, sedona, crown king

I figured I would start "planning" this trip now...

time frame: Sept 21ish to Sept 27ish

Bikeslut List

4 door F-150 with room for 4 reasonably sized people

Enclosed trailer with room for two queen mattresses- I have one

Porta-potty

10 foot EZ up tarp

2, 4 person tents if needed

Camp shower

Two burner stove, with pots and pans

Two camp lanterns- one propane and one electric

4 camp chairs and 1 side table

that's it for common area stuff

I'll update with my personal packing list later...

First stop is Sedona for a half day sight seeing trip, then off to Flag that night, or the next day.

I did a ride from Prescott to Crown King and back a few years ago. Nice area and there is a good mix of easy fire road to extremely difficult single track available.

Unfortunately it looks like I will be spending most of this time frame (late Sept/early Oct) at beautiful NAF El Centro gearing up for some extreme desert ops later in the year. I'll be standing by to see how it falls together.

Sounds fun, Oct 3/4 is Bass Lake, so won't be able to go then. Later in the month would be good B)

Toyota Tundra 4 door. Room for 4 comfortably.

Options:

Kendon 6x8 trailer. 4 bikes, riders with gear. Can fit a 5th bike but a 5th person would be tight in the truck. Will haul bike & gear for someone if needed.

Joe Hauler...can put two bikes in the bed, one on the hauler. 3 people comfortably with gear.

18' Toy Hauler. Can comfortably sleep 4 with air mattress on floor ( I have the air mattress ). 3 bikes, 3 riders with gear max due to GVWR of Tundra. Upload fresh water on arrival.

3 room tent. 2 person tent. 5 sleeping bags. Portapotty.

if everybody that has ANY interest could add block out dates to their post, it will help Paul organize the time frame... oh yeah... fakey... what was the planning thingie? :good:

if schedules and timing permit i too would be interested

as far as i know october is open for me

october does have 5 saturdays after all

Blind :good: dunno what group id officially fall into depends on the split i suppose

needs some of the scenery

The last two weeks in October are better for me.

The Bishop 3 day is also in October. 16-18 I think.

if everybody that has ANY interest could add block out dates to their post, it will help Paul organize the time frame... oh yeah... fakey... what was the planning thingie? :rolleyes:

http://www.doodle.com/ Unbelievable time/hassle saver, and it's free.

I am in! My parents live in flag, so it would be cool to ride out that way. may possibly have some form of trail support to offer via my brother and dad. Later in the month of Sept, or earlier in October works for me. But am still open for the most part. Sounds great! We should give the folks at Cottenwood racetrack a call, maybe we could spin a lap or two on the track on the way through :rolleyes:

Word!

BC

I am interested in riding with the "less than intermediate" group. I don't have a lot of vacation days, so I might be in the "less than 4 days" group, and I only have a "less than plated" bike. After posting all that, I'm not sure I would want to ride with me. I guess you could say I'm a "less than ideal" riding partner. Some do say less is more though.

I voted. I'm in. I've PMed the original video poster on Thumpertalk about GPS tracks and more info on the trails he rode.

Jon

This one could be a problem for me. Sinus surgery (again) on the 22nd will put me out for at least 10 days. And I thought I read something about camping.

I voted. I'm in. I've PMed the original video poster on Thumpertalk about GPS tracks and more info on the trails he rode.

Jon

Original video poster? Link?

Plenty of tracks in that area on ADV Rider and GPSxchange

IN!! (as long as I can convince xrnsd to go)

I was going to tow his trailer.....better than taking my motorhome and box trailer!

Camping- sallies can stay in a town; we won't be too far away from a hotel I think.

Pasta- I could use the gps expertise-i am gps retraded

Paul- reschedule- we'd love to have you along

Trophy, lineman, drz, christi, brent- would be great to have any or all of you. Ken, if you can swing it, and want to bring your toybox, I'll leave my trailer at home, and load up the truck with bikes and tents.

Brent-have an inside scoop on good trails?

Let's get the "for sures" and "probables" together for a quick PM session- go to the doodle thingie

I'm a highly probable depending on the date. October is better than September for me.

were you thinking of starting and camping (base camp) in Flagstaff and then riding around Flagstaff, Sedona, Crown King?

I have never been to Flagstaff but have rode the area around Prescott, through Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona, Camp Verde, Chino Valley etc.....Sho Lo would be cool too!

Beautiful areas!

I am penciled in for sept- check out the link on the first page...22-26 or so...

Plan is open at this point...I went to phoenix last year and had some fun, but had no gps tracks and was alone...terribly alone... So stayed close

I want to explore flag from a base camp nearby...I also hear great things about prescott. We'll get a group of possibles together and plan out. So start getting recommendations in. Crown King might be a fun day trip, if not that difficult. We'll see how it pans out

I am penciled in for sept- check out the link on the first page...22-26 or so...

Plan is open at this point...I went to phoenix last year and had some fun, but had no gps tracks and was alone...terribly alone... So stayed close

I want to explore flag from a base camp nearby...I also hear great things about prescott. We'll get a group of possibles together and plan out. So start getting recommendations in. Crown King might be a fun day trip, if not that difficult. We'll see how it pans out

That really blows! I was thinking it was October......I have a huge meeting with a customer back east on the 24th of September and will be camping on the beach in Camp Pendelton October 15th til the weekend.

I will try and figure out the voting webpage and cast my vote

Ok TTs WR426inAZ has been so kind to provide us with some info and I now have GPS tracks and maps for two, possibly three days of riding around Flagstaff. I'm working on total mileage and locations of each trailhead, but it appears that the three tracks do not begin from the same location.

More later.

Jon