TrophyHunter

Maintenance Day...BBQ....Pool Party

I believe the wife and my son are going to bring me along to say hello to everyone. Should i bring tools, steaks or beverages??

I'll be providing burgers as listed on post 1, if you want steaks, I'll cook 'em if you bring 'em. Extra beverages will prolly come in handy.

Extra tools may come in handy.

Looking forward to it.

It's on my calendar, and I hope I can get the teens to come with me...

I'd like to bring a side dish at least, and some drinks also...

I'm sure that someone who might be there might know the ins and outs of baja designs lights, wires, etc???

If so, I may bring the kdx220, which the kit was all installed on at one time...and I assume the signals worked

but the previous owner pulled the signals off ( which I'd like to replace)...

I think I have all the parts (he gave me a box full of old stuff, new stuff, blinkers, flashers, etc.? )

I install lighting fixtures at home, but this is different.....

any one up for a baga designs lesson?...motorcycle wiring rookie level 1? :lol:

let me know...

if not, no worries, it will be great to come without the bike...

They have a phone # that has someone to talk to, You have 3 options when you call in. 1 of them is tech advice. They will E: mail you schematics on wiring. I also have a Baja Designs kit that I have been canibalizing parts out of it and putting parts into it like blinkers that come stock on bikes I dont like. I also have directions but they are for a Honda XR 650R

It's on my calendar, and I hope I can get the teens to come with me...

I'd like to bring a side dish at least, and some drinks also...

I'm sure that someone who might be there might know the ins and outs of baja designs lights, wires, etc???

If so, I may bring the kdx220, which the kit was all installed on at one time...and I assume the signals worked

but the previous owner pulled the signals off ( which I'd like to replace)...

I think I have all the parts (he gave me a box full of old stuff, new stuff, blinkers, flashers, etc.? )

I install lighting fixtures at home, but this is different.....

any one up for a baga designs lesson?...motorcycle wiring rookie level 1? :huh:

let me know...

if not, no worries, it will be great to come without the bike...

Just bring the bike, someone will give you a hand with it. No guarantee that someone will know what they are doing though. :lol:

Thanks guys, I'll bring it...I'll also go to their website and tech advice line per schwinn and try to educate myself a bit in the meantime...

(a new challenge, now that I've been able to master the oil change and air filter clean...sometimes though these more mechanical issues frustrate me). :huh: .....but great to learn patience and new skills

I also have directions but they are for a Honda XR 650R

Is there anyway you could email me the directions for the XR650R? I bought my bike with the BD kit already installed and would like to find a spot that I could install a power port to power my GPS. I understand I may need another item to change power from A/C to D/C......not sure if I already have that part.

Mike

I also have directions but they are for a Honda XR 650R

Is there anyway you could email me the directions for the XR650R? I bought my bike with the BD kit already installed and would like to find a spot that I could install a power port to power my GPS. I understand I may need another item to change power from A/C to D/C......not sure if I already have that part.

Mike

Is there a battery in your system somewhere? If so, you are running DC power. My WR400 has a small NiCad battery in the airbox with the BD kits.

Because I'd like to see the maintenance day be as productive as possible for those with projects/questions/etc., I dug deep and found the masochist in me:

I'd like to get some posts of desired fixes...doohickeys, lighting (DSfox), valve checks, tire changes...whatever. I'll compile the list on the first post as they come in so it will be constantly updated.

For each member wanting particular assistance, somebody volunteer to help, bring specialty tools, etc.

This is just an idea but I think it will give us all a chance to help/learn/etc.

Post away. (I listed Deb & Kelly on post 1)

The Fix is IN: Coach(s) Specialty Tools

dsfox - lighting

socalhodaka - KTM 525?...thingy in the valvetrain that breaks (Spaugh?)

The Fix is IN: - Valves on my LTZ400......quad :blink::unsure: (A DRZ400 with 2 wheels too many)

I will bring a 9.48mm Hot Cams shimm kit. I will get it to Crawdaddy if I can't make it.

The Fix is IN: Coach(s) Specialty Tools

dsfox - lighting

socalhodaka - KTM 525?...thingy in the valvetrain that breaks (Spaugh?)

The Fix is IN: - Valves on my LTZ400......quad :):unsure: (A DRZ400 with 2 wheels too many)

I thought it was a carb bit, not in the valve train... well... it didn't start OUT in the valve train any way :blink:

Added address to Member Contact Info section....page 2. Again...PM's welcome.

Wheel bearings on a 2003 DRZ-250

and if I don't meet up with Joliet before then I can bring the tire you need for the dyno run. I didnt hear from anyone else needing commuter type tires? But I can bring those in case someone wants them.

K....Motorcyclenut has generously offered a motorcycle jack & Kenda MC lift for tech day....even tho he has to work!

I have one MC jack & track stand but these may come in handy...especially if Phil is doing the doo. I'm thinking at least an extra MC jack, especially if J is doing wheel bearings.

J brings up a good point...if you have stuff to share/get out of your garage....bring it if ya want.

If these will help, plz let me (us) know so we can arrange to have them here. :)

Also, if you are a definite, plz PM me with how many folks are comin' in your group/family with food preference. Burger, Turkey Burg, Hot Dog. I'll get a pack of vegie burgers just in case.

Thx... :)

I am going to make it to the maintenance day. I will be putting a new fan, new blinkers, and maybe wheel bearings on the Husky. I am also going to hook it up to Ibeat and set the TPS and FB1. I may also install a power commander. I would like to do swing arm bearings, but probably won't get that far.

I will be bringing a 9.4mm shim kit if anyone wants to do a valve check. (needs to be done cold, so no riding your bike there to adjust).

For you Husky owners, I am bringing Ibeat, so if you want to check or adjust your fuel injection settings, bring it on.

Ken

I've seen two people mention bearings so I will try to remember my bearing puller kit.

Does anyone have a rivet style chain tool that will be attending? Seeing as I haven't fixed the blue bike yet. How long does it take to actually press the master properly?

Does anyone have a rivet style chain tool that will be attending? Seeing as I haven't fixed the blue bike yet. How long does it take to actually press the master properly?

It takes about 5 minutes. I'll bring my RK Chain Tool/Press Kit.

We make about 5 ton of ice everyday here at work, if you need free ice come get it.

I'll give ya some fresh fish for the bar b que also,, cant make this but would still like to help out.

We make about 5 ton of ice everyday here at work, if you need free ice come get it.

I'll give ya some fresh fish for the bar b que also,, cant make this but would still like to help out.

Another reason why I'm proud to be a member of the site, people always offering up help when they can.

Looking forward to meeting the new faces and seeing 'some' of the old!! haha j/k :good:

Who you callin old?

Didn't you just turn fif......37?