TrophyHunter

Maintenance Day...BBQ....Pool Party

When: Saturday, August 15, 2009 8:00 AM to 5 ish. (longer maint needed...we'll getcha done)

Priority: Family Friendly day to include our S/O's, kids, etc in a SDAR activity.

What we will provide:

Pool with slide/waterfall/jacuzzi. Kid friendly...3 1/2 feet to 6 1/2. Back yard also has wood swing/playset, trampoline & playhouse.

Changing tent for those who wanna ride there & change into trunks/suits/etc.

Storage for stuff for those who want to drop off suits, towels, drinks, etc and then ride east county prior to lunch.

BBQ with burgers, turkey burgers, Vegan burgers (made from real ground Vegans B) ), Hot dogs & all fixin's.

Coolers with ice. First batch of drinks.

Driveway with shade.

1/2 garage with assorted tools, air compressor, cycle lift, trackside stand. EDIT: 3/4 garage...movin' stuff outta the way!

Bring the family! Relax, fix, farkle, eat, drink responsibly & meet other SDAR members.

I will post my address in the members only section if there's interest. If you don't have access, plz PM Randy for password acceptance/approval. PM me if you don't have access. I will provide the home address via PM.

The Fix is IN: Coach(s) Specialty Tools

dsfox - lighting (I have a variety of wiring, connectors, soldering stuff, shrink tubing)

Phill - EDIT. Not coming.

Crawdaddy - LTZ400 Quad valves // Shim kit - Joliet //

Jaynen - DRZ 250 // Wheel Bearings //

Joliet - new fan, new blinkers, maybe wheel bearings, Ibeat /TPS/FB1, power commander, swing arm bearings // Maintenance stud!

Michele - V-Strom throttle stuff

My son has been talking about your pool since we visited, in!

Some of us will just be getting back from (or will still be enjoying) Troy Meadows. Don't know if I will make it.

On the master calendar, now electronically distributed to 3 family iPhones and 5 family computers.

I gotta quit my jobs so I can have fun on the weekends. B)

I gotta have a job so I can afford more fun that I won't be able to have because I'll be too busy working. :) Ah....I guess I'm not gonna win. :huh:

Cannonball!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody have the tools/knowledge to do a KLR "dohicky"? I've had the parts for a year and was working on all the Saturday's when the KLR guys got together.

Phill

Anybody have the tools/knowledge to do a KLR "dohicky"? I've had the parts for a year and was working on all the Saturday's when the KLR guys got together.

Phill

There is a darn good video on you tube on how to do the doo. I,m not sure if i can make this but if so, i have done 6 Doos.

did you get the eagle mike doo set?

If back from Troy Meadows I am all over this sounds like a great opportunity to include the wife. Great idea!

Some of us will just be getting back from (or will still be enjoying) Troy Meadows. Don't know if I will make it.

Ditto and bummed. I will get ya next time. I am looking forward to troy Meadows.

i went to the KLR Maintenance day...combine that with the Holiday Inn, a little Spicolli.....prolly still mess it up!! :)

contact Eagle Mike(*http://www.eagle-m-e.com/), he has the pieces you need, a spring, and the doohickey itself.

it's not that complicated of a job, or so it seemed...just right order, torque etc...

other option is to contact him and see when another KLR Day is happening....they did 3 in the time i was there, plus they said it was "slow day"... :huh:

hope that helps, had a little coffee, lots things going on....woohoo!!!

Blind :dance3:...what were we talking about?

Phill

I think I still have all the tools for it, I'll take a look.

I have the Eagle Mike parts. I'm a bad shade-tree mechanic and don't trust myself to do it completely.

I'm stuck working Saturday's during the school year and can't make the KLR-specific maint. days.

Phill

I will put it on my calendar and see if I can get away that day. Ken

I have the Eagle Mike parts. I'm a bad shade-tree mechanic and don't trust myself to do it completely.

I'm stuck working Saturday's during the school year and can't make the KLR-specific maint. days.

Phill

If you want to contact eagle mike for the next tech day, I will pick up your bike in my truck and bring in to Mike,

put it on the lift and have it done in about 60 minutes. no worries,

When: Saturday, August 15, 2009 8:00 AM to 5 ish. (longer maint needed...we'll getcha done)

Priority: Family Friendly day to include our S/O's, kids, etc in a SDAR activity.

What we will provide:

Pool with slide/waterfall/jacuzzi. Kid friendly...3 1/2 feet to 6 1/2. Back yard also has wood swing/playset, trampoline & playhouse.

Changing tent for those who wanna ride there & change into trunks/suits/etc.

Storage for stuff for those who want to drop off suits, towels, drinks, etc and then ride east county prior to lunch.

BBQ with burgers, turkey burgers, Vegan burgers (made from real ground Vegans B) ), Hot dogs & all fixin's.

Coolers with ice. First batch of drinks.

Driveway with shade.

1/2 garage with assorted tools, air compressor, cycle lift, trackside stand.

Bring the family! Relax, fix, farkle, eat, drink responsibly & meet other SDAR members.

I will post my address in the members only section if there's interest. HINT: MEMBERS ONLY. If you don't have access, plz PM Randy for password acceptance/approval. PM me if we've ridden together & you don't have access. I will provide the home address via PM.

Thanks for the invitation... I have to work that day, but I'll send the wife and kids over... Laurie likes it when you say "fetch me a beer woman!"

I think it was properly said by Walt Kowalski in "Gran Torino" Get me a beer Dragon Lady.

I have to work that day, but I'll send the wife and kids over... Laurie likes it when you say "fetch me a beer woman!"

We'll all remember to refer to Laurie as "Laurie" (as opposed to "woman" or "Mrs. Slut")..........even so, if you were present she might STILL be offended if we kept yelling over to her husband saying, "Hey Slut, fetch us a beer" :blink:B) .......sooooooo, when you do show up in unison sometime, please make sure you're not BOTH standing right next to the beer cooler at the same time ;):huh::o

This isn't WestFest, and ya prolly don't need 'em, but here they are. Forgot to mention the slide.

Miscpooltraffic001.jpg

Miscpooltraffic003.jpg

Miscpooltraffic004.jpg

Ride & meet family here. Truck the bike w/family, ride. Come alone. Come & go. Send family without you. Whatever makes it relaxing.

My son hasn't forgotten the slide. He will be reminding me.