Howdy everyone!

Just joined your group and looking forward to meeting some fellow dual-sporters! I am actually stationed in Ventura County where I work as a Park Ranger, however I live in Vista (San Diego County)...so I am up for rides anywhere in the greater SOCAL region.

I also have a background in public land use, trail design, and obtaining grant funding...so I look forward to meeting with your members that handle these issues to see if I can help bring some OHV resources to table.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to join your group!

Howdy everyone!

Just joined your group and looking forward to meeting some fellow dual-sporters! I am actually stationed in Ventura County where I work as a Park Ranger, however I live in Vista (San Diego County)...so I am up for rides anywhere in the greater SOCAL region.

I also have a background in public land use, trail design, and obtaining grant funding...so I look forward to meeting with your members that handle these issues to see if I can help bring some OHV resources to table.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to join your group!

WELCOME HOME DAN

Welcome....nice to have someone connected on "our" team.

Welcome Dan, I am in Vista near the old Carlsbad raceway. Swing by the shop sometime and we will do lunch. Cell #760-224-1808 Ken

Welcome aboard. hope to see you on a ride sometime.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

hey hey Ranger Dan!!!

welcome to the fun that SDAR is....and it IS FUN!!!

look forward to riding with you(*actually looking forward to riding!!!)

Blind :scratch_one-s_head:

Ventura Ranger??? :scratch_one-s_head:

you get gate keys? :lol:

road trip :lol:

welcome to the board

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have "the keys". Of course we will be conducting "official" fire fuel load surveys on motorcycle...

:lol:

Dan, Welcome to SDAR !

We try to stay on top of land use issues, and I go to the Cleveland National Forest quarterly meetings when I can.

Good to have you aboard, and if you have any suggestions or input as to what we can do as a club, and/or ways for us to get involved in crucial decisions, please let me know.

Thanks,

road trip :)

welcome to the board

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have "the keys". Of course we will be conducting "official" fire fuel load surveys on motorcycle...

Welcome Dan!

Everyone check there Spark Arrestors :lol:

Whats your area up there in Ventura? Ojai? I'd love to figure out a way to do Ojai to Frazier! Or any back trail way from the Ventura area to Frazier. There has got to be a way

road trip :lol:

welcome to the board

Always willing and able to help keep our public safe from wildfires... if motorcycles are the best way to survey, I'll just have to accept it...

I want to go...I'm a land surveyor..you might need some official locations on that survey....

welcome to the site dan...lots a good people here.....you have quite a commute to ventura yikes......

Welcome Dan, I am in Vista near the old Carlsbad raceway. Swing by the shop sometime and we will do lunch. Cell #760-224-1808 Ken

Welcome Dan! I work just down the road from Ken so if you're up for lunch during the week I'm in. It's be good to meet an "insider" to see how we can help.

Scott

Welcome Dan,

I look forward to riding with our new "get-out-of-jail" member. Just joking...welcome ;)

Welcome Dan,

I look forward to riding with our new "get-out-of-jail" member. Just joking...welcome ;)

Well...let's just say I have had to "flash the badge" a few times... :lol:

I want to go...I'm a land surveyor..you might need some official locations on that survey....

welcome to the site dan...lots a good people here.....you have quite a commute to ventura yikes......

Well, I actually spend 2-3 weeks at work up north then a week down south...so I only have to fight the 405 once in a while. I finally figured out the "405" stands for "4 or 5 miles per hour"

Welcome Dan!

The club loves a road trip.

I think it does take 30 riders to do a intensive evaluation of fire fuel areas.

Beezzz

Dan, Welcome to SDAR !

We try to stay on top of land use issues, and I go to the Cleveland National Forest quarterly meetings when I can.

Good to have you aboard, and if you have any suggestions or input as to what we can do as a club, and/or ways for us to get involved in crucial decisions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sounds good. Keep me posted as I do want to help out. Any particular internal groups or meetings that discuss our "access issues" that I could attend? Let me know what I can do for "my part".

Ventura Ranger??? ;)

road trip :)

welcome to the board

Welcome Dan!

Everyone check there Spark Arrestors :lol:

Whats your area up there in Ventura? Ojai? I'd love to figure out a way to do Ojai to Frazier! Or any back trail way from the Ventura area to Frazier. There has got to be a way

I actually spend a lot of time in the Los Padres National Forest. There's a lot of routes for OHV's and even more for Dual Sport bikes. I have gone from Palmdale to Lockwood Valley Road on 90% dirt. I'm sure it's possible to find a "Desert to the Sea" route from Palmdale all the way to Santa Barbara given the number of forest roads in the area. Let's get the maps out!

Welcome Dan! I work just down the road from Ken so if you're up for lunch during the week I'm in. It's be good to meet an "insider" to see how we can help.

Scott

10-4...sounds like a plan. I'll drop a line when it looks like I can "bug out south"

I actually spend a lot of time in the Los Padres National Forest. There's a lot of routes for OHV's and even more for Dual Sport bikes. I have gone from Palmdale to Lockwood Valley Road on 90% dirt. I'm sure it's possible to find a "Desert to the Sea" route from Palmdale all the way to Santa Barbara given the number of forest roads in the area. Let's get the maps out!

I've sat on top of Frazier, and Alamo many times and dreamed of doing that. I'm in.