tntmo

Second Annual Noob Overnight Dual Sport Camping Trip: Nov 4-5

I could be convinced to drive my car so favorite dog can join in.  I can get there earlier to save spots and that would make more refreshing beverages available too. 🍻😉

Edited by Jlburgess
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I might take advantage of the help from the younger guys and ride along. Have to manage the food supplies for me.

I hope “Food supplies” means a large supply of your famous Udo Plum Potion from last year!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I could be convinced to drive my car so favorite dog can join in.  I can get there earlier to save spots and that would make more refreshing beverages available too. 🍻😉

I was thinking if anyone was interested in going but not riding, we could get a spot.  Firewood transport is good too.

4 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I was thinking if anyone was interested in going but not riding, we could get a spot.  Firewood transport is good too.

Don’t forget coolers, ez-ups and the live band

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Don’t forget coolers, ez-ups and the live band

Its camping

Not a drum circle ya damn hippy

😉

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Its camping

Not a drum circle ya damn hippy

😉

Offthebikecamping

I am doing the Geico Honda Adventure Rally and will be staying nearby in my RV at Stagecoach Trails Nov 1st through the 5th so this trip won't work for me. I was just out by the campsite while doing some training with West38Moto and that crazy little paved road that leads to the camp did not disappoint - super fun to ride.

I'm toying with making my own GPX files. I rode from Borrego Springs (East of the campground) to Anza (North of the campground) and back. I've edited that a bit to identify which sections are paved vs dirt. I'd love to hear feedback.

Download GPX file: Indian Flats Campground - East (Borrego Springs) and North (Anza) Approach.gpx

356947016_2023-10-2710_22_48-gpx.studiotheonlineGPXfileeditorMozillaFirefox.thumb.png.ea54572f95c7184d5e99baae3c456e5e.png

@SANRider are you coming again this year?

@J5ive are you riding again? if not are you coming in your truck?

I have intel that the elusive @tntbromo is prepped and ready. He is ready to take on all comers in a game of cribbage!  That includes you @PaulyPickles

@Zubb what is your status for a campout? Come join the camaraderie!

@Jlburgess could be a great time to camp off the mighty DR650

• Like 1

I don't think I'll make it this year, it's a busy weekend. However, here's a picture of one of those famous sausages (minus one bite).

IMG_20221112_132658221.jpg

• Like 1

I will have to see if they can set some aside for us again if we get enough interest.  I’m probably going to try out the Touratech aluminum boxes I snagged for my 690.  

Just got word today I may be required in Baja. Will have to go on the pending list. Dang it. 

3 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

@SANRider are you coming again this year?

@J5ive are you riding again? if not are you coming in your truck?

I have intel that the elusive @tntbromo is prepped and ready. He is ready to take on all comers in a game of cribbage!  That includes you @PaulyPickles

@Zubb what is your status for a campout? Come join the camaraderie!

@Jlburgess could be a great time to camp off the mighty DR650

Did somebody mention cribbage?  3rd generation player here. 😜. No DR for me on this one.  It's too close to carry the good gear.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, Hawkins said:

I am doing the Geico Honda Adventure Rally and will be staying nearby in my RV at Stagecoach Trails Nov 1st through the 5th so this trip won't work for me. I was just out by the campsite while doing some training with West38Moto and that crazy little paved road that leads to the camp did not disappoint - super fun to ride.

I'm toying with making my own GPX files. I rode from Borrego Springs (East of the campground) to Anza (North of the campground) and back. I've edited that a bit to identify which sections are paved vs dirt. I'd love to hear feedback.

Download GPX file: Indian Flats Campground - East (Borrego Springs) and North (Anza) Approach.gpx

Looks like a fun route to me, really like the color codes as well. Careful on that paved road to the campground at dawn/dusk though, I tagged a deer at 45mph on that. Was having a great time right up to that point though 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Looks like a fun route to me, really like the color codes as well. Careful on that paved road to the campground at dawn/dusk though, I tagged a deer at 45mph on that. Was having a great time right up to that point though 😁

833bd1dfd96f196c5fffb4a3c5892ab2.gif

Nothing stops SDAR's own @bfar33 !!

• Like 1

But yes, @Zubb did whack a coyote nearby and the Flying Monkeys guy hit a turkey.

Indian Flats Road is wickedly fun but be aware of potential oncoming traffic especially during fall hunting season.

That is why we shall put our most dispensable member out front... @tntbromo and I shall battle it out!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SANRider said:

I don't think I'll make it this year, it's a busy weekend. However, here's a picture of one of those famous sausages (minus one bite).

IMG_20221112_132658221.jpg

Good Sir, you have an impressively tastey sausage but I must comment that you rode your 690 to last year's camp out.  What is this other bike blasphemy!

That is NOT the same sausage

• Like 1

I had such a great time that I reenacted the experience with my 1290. At least the sausage part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SANRider said:

I had such a great time that I reenacted the experience with my 1290. At least the sausage part.

Those are good sausage sandwiches.  I think maybe I will pre-run the route to ensure they are still as advertised. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tntmo said:

Those are good sausage sandwiches.  I think maybe I will pre-run the route to ensure they are still as advertised. 

those sausages Always satisfy

kielbasa for me!

• Like 2

Hopefully we get a couple people going.  Post up on the calendar event and let me know.  I can put in a sausage order.

4 hours ago, tntmo said:

Hopefully we get a couple people going.  Post up on the calendar event and let me know.  I can put in a sausage order.

I plan to make it for the ride out on Saturday, give me a call I can come up with a GPX file with you over the phone for the route.

• Like 1

Here is the GPX track from Ramona Circle K to the campground.
It represented correctly in the leaflet maps so I think were good.

image.png.a408a6fb38baa64d79ec48f92f3bfb2b.png

2023_N00BsCamp_SDAR.gpx

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Will see how I  feel on Saturday, might just ride to Mesa Grande and than go back home. 

• Like 3