Bub_Hannah

Updated: Two-Fer Tuesday "Romantic" Black Mountain Night ride August 9th

On 7/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, Pokey151 said:

It's that time of year.  Anyone up for Tuesday 7/18?  Sun sets at 7:56   It would be good to get together again

Why not add this as an event to the calendar so we do not lose sight of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Why not add this as an event to the calendar so we do not lose sight of it.

Done, pending approval

Well, looks like there isn't interest.  I am still going with 2 other riders, one is new and he just picked up a new 350 exc,  I helped him spend his money on some upgrades!  If anyone is new and unsure, give it a shot and join our other new rider.   

• Like 2

Couldn’t get out early enough 

report on road conditions 

• Like 1

I already had plans, plus I'm not loving the current heat wave. Definitely interested in future Twofer Tuesdays tho! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wintyfresh said:

I already had plans, plus I'm not loving the current heat wave. Definitely interested in future Twofer Tuesdays tho! 

Yeah it's far above my comfort level as far as heat goes, but my buddy just bought his bake and this is his maiden voyage.  We will be doing more for sure

• Like 1

So you did the ride.

@Pokey151
NOW WHAT ARE THE ROAD CONDITIONS DAMMIT!!

😁

• Like 1

I didn't see anyone at the coffee shop at 6:10 so I figured y'all already left. I didn't confirm going because I wasn't sure when exactly I'd be able to leave work and didn't want anyone waiting for me if I was running late.

I tried to catch up to the ride but I guess I was in the lead the whole time, passed a group of 3 on the way back down including a shiny 350 and #151. Then a few minutes later passed a husky rally bike so awesome I almost fell over staring at it.

I'll do better next time with the meeting up part, hope you guys had a good ride.

Regarding road conditions: it's been a while since I rode that but there's a bit of rain ruts and lots of partially buried sharp edge rocks just looking for a rim to destroy if you're not paying attention. Not the most fun road but sure beats watching TV.
image.thumb.png.c45040e4dcad5f4f543d0bbcf947067d.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

So you did the ride.

@Pokey151
NOW WHAT ARE THE ROAD CONDITIONS DAMMIT!!

😁

Sorry for the delay.  It was hot, dry and the road conditions were ok,  lots more exposed rocks about the halfway point on up, some sharp ones that can leave a dented rim or flat.  My friend christened his bike and busted his clutch lever (just at the notch)  Right after I told him he should slow down.  He is ok, the bike is fine.  I have a auto generated video made by my gopro app.  Here it is.  I hope to do it again soon.  When the sun went down, it sure felt nice.

• Like 1

Fun video edit.  

Looks like someone was talking about how his foot got twisted out in a fall at 1:58.  Hope there were no sprains involved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Fun video edit.  

Looks like someone was talking about how his foot got twisted out in a fall at 1:58.  Hope there were no sprains involved.

No sprains etc. he was just a little tender.  I am at work with him now.  He is good to go, wants to make it back out asap

• Like 1

Cool meeting everyone that came out yesterday!

Good company, entertainingly rough dirt road, romantic sunset... with purple flowers, temps more pleasant than expected... look forward to another.

20230718_195329.thumb.jpg.d3c13e576823395223e3a0de4a543119.jpg

• Like 4

My  Rally Extreme Enduro Adventure Sport Trail 90 Race Edition Pro is just itching to get back up there again. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tntmo said:

My  Rally Extreme Enduro Adventure Sport Trail 90 Race Edition Pro is just itching to get back up there again. 

yeah but the real question, is your ass up to it (again)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zubb said:

Fun video edit.  

Are all the blurouts, fu.... you moments? 

3 hours ago, DSM8 said:

yeah but the real question, is your ass up to it (again)

I think although it was fun trying to ride full throttle the entire time, I might just light a cigar and ride at a relaxed pace.  Better for me and the machine. 

I'm a total wuss or way to smart to ride even in the evening heat. I'll admit the Wuss part. When it cools down a little bit more my TW200 loves that road and will be chasing the sunset.

Enzo at Suspension 101 is doing some suspension work on my TW Killer project that will make an appearance likely at the end of summer. That will be in rotation for chasing the sunsets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmbthumper said:

I'm a total wuss or way to smart to ride even in the evening heat. I'll admit the Wuss part. When it cools down a little bit more my TW200 loves that road and will be chasing the sunset.

Enzo at Suspension 101 is doing some suspension work on my TW Killer project that will make an appearance likely at the end of summer. That will be in rotation for chasing the sunsets.

My Monster Trail 90 will never keep up! 

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

My Monster Trail 90 will never keep up! 

Ill.take the Trail 125 THAT day so you don't feel so bad. 

• Like 1

Small bike takeover!

• Like 1

Is there A staging area if I truck my bike out?

2 hours ago, CVRick said:

Is there A staging area if I truck my bike out?

Yeah, right at the entrance there is a spot for a few vehicles

1 hour ago, Pokey151 said:

Yeah, right at the entrance there is a spot for a few vehicles

or park at or near Main Street Coffee, the usual Ramona ride meeting spot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SANRider said:

or park at or near Main Street Coffee, the usual Ramona ride meeting spot.

How many miles to get to the dirt from the coffee shop?