ADV Bum

CPR First Aid/ Responder class Sun Feb 10-2019

Sun Feb 10 - 8:00 am

This will be a 8 hr Certified CPR Class with instruction on Trauma we may run into related to riding Motorcycle's

$15 per person. This will cover your books, certificate and card. CPR Card will be good for 2 years. Great deal thanks to the instructor Huntndogs Bro in Law and in Law enforcement. 

This will be held at Huntndogs house in Santee. We have capped attendees to 20 since it is at his house. Thank you to Huntndogs for helping to put this on. We will give out the address when we are closer to the event.

For any of the SDAR sweep crew or chase vehicle crew that are helping at the Desert Dash, I will cover your cost for the class. If you can please attend and thank you for your help.

Since we are limiting I need to give preference to the Desert Dash sweep/ chase crew- then supporting members- members. We will need a head count so we can order the books and certificates. Deadline to be in will be Feb 5

We will also have a bbq and refreshments.

Who is in and participating as of now

Advbum + Son

SoCalMule

Wierdrider

Bson2or4 + Wife

Dstss + Son

Bagster

Cosmo

97xr400r

Ptkatoomer

Imswiney56 + Wife

Ktmrad?

Thank you

• Like 2

How many peeps and do you want CPR also? I have someone that can teach, and if you want a first aid card and cpr cert, it would be about 15$ per person. Class is 6 to 8 hours depending on how smart the group is..

Behind the scenes this seems to be coming together.  We dont have a date or a place.  These could vary depending on how many people are interested. If you are interested please chime in so we can at least see how much interest there is. Thank you

Is this open even if we may not be making the Dash, Mike?  I would like to stay subscribed with hope for not only the First Aid but CPR if possible.  This is a great idea and I think more people should have this ability, not only for what we do but for everyday possible events.

Thank you for looking into this!

This is open to all our members. Part of being a great club/ community is being prepared when we go ride. I would encourage anyone helping out with the Desert Dash to attend. Looking into renting a class or hosting at a house.  We could do a bbq in conjunction. 

• Like 1

I will  come if scheduling allows.   Dan and I did Giant Loop's annual ride up in Oregon last year and they did a 1 hour training class on first aid and emergency medical focused on what you are likely to come across during adventure rides.  We learned a lot. But I would like to learn more.

• Like 1

I did CPR on my neighbor a few months ago, he didn’t make it, but it was better than the rest of the neighbors standing around with their thumb up their you know what...If you can make time to learn, the life you save may be someone close to you and not just a stranger.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

I did CPR on my neighbor a few months ago, he didn’t make it, but it was better than the rest of the neighbors standing around with their thumb up their you know what...If you can make time to learn, the life you save may be someone close to you and not just a stranger.

That was my overall thought as well.  While this could definitely be helpful to us riders, the ability to be able to provide aid to anyone in need is very valuable.  Good for you for stepping in and trying to help; I'm sorry to hear that he did not survive.

• Like 1

Interested if scheduling allows.  My wife always got hers through the PD when she was working.  She said her classes would normally cost her $65, so $15 is a steal of a deal with cert., especially if it includes AED.

Please include me on the list. I will be volunteering for the Desert Dash. Thank you for providing this training. 

My wife and I plan to be in attendance, so that would be a 2 count.  After some of those we've assisted back at camp after the ride a refresher would be good.

February 10,  Yes I will be there. with a box of coffee!

I have had all these classes, but it is good to refresh the head and know how to stay cool when needed; I hope.

Bags

Thank you for putting this together.

I will be there.