Chad

STOLEN 2006 FORD F-250

SDAR Brothers & Sisters. My 2006 Ford F-250 pictured was stolen from in front of my home in Pacific Beach last night around 9:30pm. I was on the couch... Didn't hear it start, so they must have dragged it off.

Black w/ black Method spoked wheels, BFG ATs, dual Banks exhaust, 3 gauges on the driver's A-pillar, large KTM sticker on the top center of the rear window, Astars sticker in the lower left (driver's side), two "GateKeeper" surfboard rack attachments on the inside of the tailgate. CA License 8B03411.

I have Lojack and police report filed... Hopeful for her return, but not expecting much.

Keep your eyes pealed please, on the outside chance the thieves are trying to move her around. Call the police to report if you see her.

Thanks!

post-14960-0-66567800-1453228839_thumb.j

Wow, I bet it is on the way to MX. Hope the best for the Best.

Major suckage... :grrr: sorry to hear this... :thumbsdown_anim: best of luck getting her back :exclamation:

I contacted a coworker at RATT (Regional Auto Theft Team) and requested LPR and border crossing checks. SDPD has LoJack equipped cars so hopefully it'll ping off of those. The grid guidance system in those is pretty good.

If it's south of the border but stationary, we have contractors who locate vehicles for us, so let me know if you hear anything on your end. I'll PM my number.

I don't know if Ford has a version of GM's OnStar, but we had success with a Hyundai 2 weeks ago using their Bluetooth system to locate and disable the vehicle. Had a contractor pick it up.

My friends 2003 was stolen last month. Found it stripped in a cow pasture near hemet. I had an alarm installed on my 96' but don't know how much good it would do for a drag off. Bummer mate.

I really hate to see this. Low life fn thieves. I hope you get her back, beauty of a truck. Ive been car jacked before and never got my baby back. Hope they catch these aholes.

I contacted a coworker at RATT (Regional Auto Theft Team) and requested LPR and border crossing checks. SDPD has LoJack equipped cars so hopefully it'll ping off of those. The grid guidance system in those is pretty good.

If it's south of the border but stationary, we have contractors who locate vehicles for us, so let me know if you hear anything on your end. I'll PM my number.

I don't know if Ford has a version of GM's OnStar, but we had success with a Hyundai 2 weeks ago using their Bluetooth system to locate and disable the vehicle. Had a contractor pick it up.

Thanks Ken! Responded to your PM as well. Very much appreciate you contacting your resources!

The Baby has been located in Mexico!! Now just a matter of how easy/difficult it will be to bring her back! (And what condition it is in...) AAA is working on it now.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance and positive mojo! I'll keep you posted...

Hey Rojodogg...

Don't know yet. Apparently have to get power of attorney paperwork in order before the insurance co. can deal on my behalf...

Glad to hear she is found. Hope shes in good shape. Good luck with the recovery. Too bad the dheads wont be found and will probably be looking for their next victim shortly. Shows how important lowjack is though.

Cool it has been located, hopefully still in good condition...good luck.

Great to see how members here help others !!

I have Lojack and police report filed... Hopeful for her return, but not expecting much.

Hey Chad, I thought Lojack only works in areas with Lojack coverage... was Lojack used to locate your truck in Mexico? Looking into installing this for my truck, but not if it doesn't work the second it leaves "San Diego" Lojack area...

Hey Chad, I thought Lojack only works in areas with Lojack coverage... was Lojack used to locate your truck in Mexico? Looking into installing this for my truck, but not if it doesn't work the second it leaves "San Diego" Lojack area...

Hey Seth...

I have no details yet on the recovery or the condition of my truck. All my claims adjuster knew (or at least communicated to me) was that my truck was "in the system" as recovered. Didn't know how/why it was recovered or even who had it. Said it could be an impound yard, police, DA, etc. I had to execute a Mexican power of attorney so Automobile Club's contractor could deal with the Mexican authorities and whomever else to get the truck back to the US. That was sent to Automobile Club only yesterday. My guess is I'll be in limbo for another week or so before I know any more details. Plan to call Lojack as well and see if they have any details from their side.

I'll keep posting updates / details here as I get them...

Ya know...for the price of the LoJack, a person could install an always-on, hardwired cell phone that could be located without any third party at all. Yes, one would want to involve authorities with any recovery effort. Legally very tricky.

This is why I equipped our son with a phone from the first day he could reasonably carry. When I want to know where he is, I can find out. Like right NOW.

Can't you go down and pick it up yourself Chad?

Not entirely sure of the requirements, but I think my insurance co has to do that in order to preserve any claim I may have to make / they have to pay. Still have no details on the condition of my truck. Will keep ya'all posted...

A friend and I were out riding and found a jeep way back in the weeds with no one around. Looked suspiciously abandoned.

We checked around and found the insurance card in the glove box. Called the insurance company and sure enough it had been reported stolen. The insurance company requested that I contact the police so they could recover the vehicle.

Not sure why they couldn't do it, but OK, I'll call the police. Turns out the Escondido police didn't speak GPS coordinates, they only understood street address. So they had me call the sheriff's helicopter unit because they might understand this mysterious GPS talk. Gave the coordinates to the pilot and he said they would do a fly by and verify the vehicle was there, and then they would log it as recovered.

They weren't going to come in and get it, just note where it was and set its status to recovered.

Turns out that recovered in this case didn't actually mean recovered and back in the hands of the good guys.

I checked back in over the next few weeks when I rode in that area and the stolen jeep was slowly parted out and eventually vanished all together.

Hope "recovered" has a better outcome in this case.