Daufcguy

Ready To RIDE!

Hello San Diego Adventure Riders, My Name is Dave Moore, I'm 30 years old and live in Lakeside, CA. I am originally from Chicago but I got tired of dealing with the cold so for the last 2 years I have been in sunny California. I work in the creative industry producing commercial photography and video. I am always ready to ride dirt or street so hit me up if you want to go for a ride. I currently ride a 2001 Kawasaki KLR 650 and a 2014 Yamaha FZ-09, In the past I have owned several harleys, an aprilia, some vintage hondas and kawasakis and a couple scooters. I am very new to riding dirt so I am looking to get out there with some experienced riders and learn some technique and find out where the good trails are.

post-16019-0-81438500-1445024034_thumb.jpost-16019-0-63706000-1445024053_thumb.j

Welcome Dave! Good timing, the season's just getting going. Lots of fantastic places to ride right outside your door. Keep an eye on the upcoming rides and dive in. :)

Welcome. As mentioned, season's here, join up or post up. Plenty here have street rides, too and enjoy getting out 2 up.

Welcome to the group!

Welcome. As mentioned, season's here, join up or post up. Plenty here have street rides, too and enjoy getting out 2 up.

Anybody else go 3 up like Dave is doing in pic #1? :crying_anim02:

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed! Im Excited to get out there, especially now that its not 100f every day in lakeside. Can the experts recommend some good trails for me to practice on with my KLR? I'm going to try Nate Harrison grade this weekend as I read online that this is a good dirt road for beginners.

Dave,

Try Black Canyon rd. North of Ramona to Mesa Grande, over to 79 then Harrison grade.

Welcome to SDAR.

Also, if you go in on Marron Valley Rd of the 94 just past Dulzura - go past South Bay Rod & Gun - quite a bit of BLM land (dirt roads) back there.

Post up if you're going and want some riding partners.

Thanks Bob, I've done black canyon in my Wrangler so I'm somewhat familiar with that road, I'm going to hit your suggested route this sunday (10/18) for sure.

Otay is a great place to practice, there is more out there than people know about. Get a passport! Mex is 45 min ride from your house.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Welcome to the group.... and year-a-round riding...

Also, if you go in on Marron Valley Rd of the 94 just past Dulzura - go past South Bay Rod & Gun - quite a bit of BLM land (dirt roads) back there.

Post up if you're going and want some riding partners.

Thanks for the tip, ive ridden a lot of street in this area, its a great ride, so I can imagine how nice the dirt roads are. I'll post in the informal rides section when Im ready to try our rhis area, hopefully I can get some forum members to join me.

Otay is a great place to practice, there is more out there than people know about. Get a passport! Mex is 45 min ride from your house.

Very cool, im not far from otay, Ive seen that the area is mentioned a lot in the informal rides section so there must be some good roads that way.

I'm definitely going to get my passport soon, one of the main reasons I wanted to get into riding dirt was to explore the baja peninsula.

Sweet bike. Welcome. I just started making vids with my cell phone.

Hope you find some dirt soon.

Sweet bike. Welcome. I just started making vids with my cell phone.

Hope you find some dirt soon.

Thats awesome dude, we should go riding and get some good footage.

Let me check the weather mid week ride mandatory this week.

Love it!

Hey dude, I have a DR650 and am always down to go for a ride. I live about 10 - 15 min west of you off of the College exit.

Hey dude, I have a DR650 and am always down to go for a ride. I live about 10 - 15 min west of you off of the College exit.

Dope, im trying to get out this sunday, maybe in pine valley area, I would like to do some riding and see if i can snap a few good pictures too.

Dope, im trying to get out this sunday, maybe in pine valley area, I would like to do some riding and see if i can snap a few good pictures too.

Ok cool, keep me posted...PM me when you have an idea of what you might be getting into.

post-16019-0-13898100-1453397398_thumb.j

Hi Guys and Gals

i just wanted to repost on here because I'm still in my search for moto-friends and people to ride with. a little about me:

name: Dave Moore

current bikes: klr 650 and yamaha fz-09

past bikes: harley sportster, dyna and softail, aprilia futura, genuine scooter.

interests: on and off road motorcycling, working on bikes, motorcycle camping/travel (looking for people to ride some BDR's with), music (punk rock/metal/classic rock), food, video games, photography (instagram: @dangerdavemoore ), tattoo's, nature/hiking, animals (i own 2 dogs)

About me: I moved to San diego from chicago 2 years ago for my job in the creative photography industry, i picked up my klr 6 months ago and that is the limit of my offroad experince, so I am a noob to say the least. I have been riding street for 7 years but most of that has been in the midwest so I am somewhat new to riding twisties. My girlfriend also rides street and is interested in riding dual sport, so if you are a dual sport couple looking for riding partners let me know. I am looking for people to ride with, make new friends, go on motorcycle adventures ect. I work monday through friday and would like to start getting out riding on the weekends pretty regularly. I dont care about your skill level or what you ride as long as you dont care about riding with a slow noob who takes a lot of dirt naps. Im putting myself out there because I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who joined this forum for the same reason (to make friends and find riding partners) so if this is you PM me, text me (# below) or reply directly to this page.

THANKS!!!

Dave Moore

773-220-5061

Dave - I think PMB might have a big bike friendly/newer rider friendly outing coming up. Keep your eyes on the rides thread.....or post up one.

I like to get out on Otay TT often so I'll post up or PM/Text when that happens.

Dave - I think PMB might have a big bike friendly/newer rider friendly outing coming up. Keep your eyes on the rides thread.....or post up one.

I like to get out on Otay TT often so I'll post up or PM/Text when that happens.

awesome, yes, im going to be diligent about checking the informal rides thread. I would be into otay TT just let me know when your going.

Thanks for the response!