​Went on an overnight ride/camping trip with Slowdown (Ron) and TSR (Dave)​ on Saturday. I rode over to Temecula from Ramona on a mix of dirt and pavement. Then the three of us set out for Anza/Thomas Mtn. I hadn't ridden many of the dirt roads Dave mapped out in the Temecula area......lot's of tempting side trails but we were loaded down with camping gear so we behaved. Dave secured permission for us to cross Reed Valley Ranch. Nice folks. We stopped there for a while and exchanged pleasantries....then one of the ranch hands led us up to a gate and unlocked it so we could traverse the remainder of the way up into the Anza area on 7S04 with minimal pavement.

Once we reached Thomas Mtn, we located the yellow stake areas for camping and picked a sweet location with a fire pit/picnic table.........then we dropped our gear/set up our tents and rode back down the mountain to the Lake Hemet store to snag ice/beer/firewood. FYI - The new owners of the Lake Hemet store have applied for a liquor license but they have not yet secured it........so we jammed up the hill to Idyllwild......

Let me tell you, a case of beer and two bags of ice is a heavy load on a 350 KTM......felt like I was carrying a passenger!

We were back up top/settled in at our camp site by ~4pm

A few pics.......

Ok, so I was heading out to go camping.......but let's be real........I needed coffee and breakfast first......

AD7FA71A-7927-45CA-B11B-DE1E8AF9BD63_zps

Pamo Valley

A9E62B60-27BF-4C32-8D2F-809B6F51DD66_zps

Santa Ysabel TT

EFECB146-2112-48E9-BE88-C758B7B9D54F_zps

The nice thing about dry bags is they also make excellent coolers.......I unloaded my tent/sleeping bag........then reloaded with ice and beer in Idyllwild

6870B0FE-EB1C-4FFE-BF85-C7BACAF4716E_zps

Nice site

9A1C81B7-347D-4DF3-97D2-F5F04A865ADA_zps

Dave brought 3lbs of steak and some seasoned potatoes........we were living large......

E0326037-33BC-419F-AA5C-1A52D1D4135A_zps

The full moon was an added bonus

7521C97D-D87A-4825-A8C8-4A6D8DB98656_zps

We dropped down to Anza yesterday morning and had breakfast at the 371 Cafe. Then we headed down to Warner Springs on the usual assortment of dirt trails.......once we reached 79, I headed back towards Ramona and the boys turned towards Temecula......~250 mile loop for me.......home by noon.......already thinking about the next trip......

Nice write up!

This was a really awesome time. I know when I have an extra great time when I get flashbacks of the views and sights of the trip when I close my eyes. Thanks to Dave for being the trail boss and grill master. Thanks to Chris for being a mule for the ice & beer. The beer was very cold even till the morning! We splurged and had steak & potatoes ans chocolate cup cakes for desert. The views from this remote yellow stake campsite were awesome. I think we will be back. The only thing that could make this trip better would be an extra day or riding and camping and a few more stories and story tellers around the fire. You know who you are...

Let me tell you, a case of beer and two bags of ice is a heavy load on a 350 KTM......

Only 1 case...... :dance2:

You pack well, that is you bring what is most important for your over night camping trip and that is beer. Nice!!!! :coolio:

It also goes to show you that you do not have to do a big adventure trip in some other state, It is so cool when you can do a local trip and feel far away.

Great ride Crawdaddy, looks like a good time.... as it is one of the best local dual sport overnight destinations available due to the riding on dirt to a campground with lightly packed dual sports, especially with the deserts warming up now. cheers. Way to go!

Another solid Cdaddy weekend. I want in next time.

Next time Toro Peak ?

Next time Toro Peak ?

IN

Just give me enough time to prepare the menu and ice up the beverages.....

Next time Toro Peak ?

IN

Just give me enough time to prepare the menu and ice up the beverages.....

Will you haul my big air mattress and tent?

Paul if Dan is bringing his trailer maybe he can haul a Yurt for you.

Rabbit, Villager, 6582 (dawn), and spitler... are definitely some of my favorite camping spots (and peakbagging spots) along the Santa Rosa mountains... but I haven't been to Toro. Sounds like a good place to ride to on two wheels and pop a cold one while taking in the views.... and the fun thing is that Thomas mountain could be thrown into the loop on the same day, or night, I think.