Mikey777

Off Road Upper Body Armor

Was curious if anybody has one of these mesh jacket armor systems or uses something similar? I checked one out a Cycle Gear and they look like you could easily overheat wearing one even though they are mesh. I don't wear much top side armor when I don't have a jacket (with built in armor) on. I have a roost/back protector for wearing with a jersey, but it doesn't offer any shoulder or arm protection. The weather is warming up again and my regular riding jacket is going to get left behind when dirtin' it up. I will generally still wear a jacket when slabbing.

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/productimages/300/2012-fox-racing-titan-sport-jacket-mcss.jpg

post-15604-0-39909300-1426799462.jpg

I wear that exact model (Fox Titan) and have had great luck with it; plenty of falls and not a scratch as I've been wearing it for the past ~2.5 years since I got back into riding off-road. Having a bit more of a budget and a bit less of a waistline I went looking for a replacement and after trying on the products from the competition got the same jacket in a size smaller. It breathes decently (I've worn it all day in 90+ temps) and has great protection (especially the lower back, which I felt a lot of competitors lacked).

Myself I chose the thor rig after seeing slut's and im also really happy with it after 2 years. Similar style, detachable spine piece, but I like that the torso on the thor is one piece because my rib cage is also one piece. so far

thor-motocross-chest-protectors-impact-rThor_3.jpg

The Bionic has a slimmer looking profile...dig that.

Myself I chose the thor rig after seeing slut's

Thor_3.jpg

Ohhhhh, that's such a nice photo of Bob modeling his Thor Rig for you! I'd buy it too...

The Leatt 3DF Airfit Lite is really interesting...probably less inclined to move off a rub spot during a crash, like hard plastic might. Thanks Arnie...

They work great, but you can definitely overheat in one in a hurry. I fill mine out pretty well, and overall conditioning would matter, but it is a factor on hot days to be aware of.

I have the same Fox titan... except in white...

I figured white was a cooler color for heat issues...

If I get warm I usually just wear a under armour t- shirt & the Fox armour... with no jersey...

It has served me well...

post-14554-0-57183200-1426822893.jpg

I ended up getting the Leatt rig. I researched several and ended up with this one for a couple reasons--the reviews and the price being the two biggies.

It's normally one of the costlier ones but was on sale at Revzilla.

It's well made though I've yet to get it out on the bike. Will try it out this weekend, then it'll be my main armor for the AZBDR this April.

I stopped by Cycle Gear on the way home and grabbed a large Fox Titan just to try it out with a jersey at home. Runs a little small. My daughter said I look like a fat super hero in it. I am taking it back.

post-15604-0-46420700-1426824552_thumb.j

Have a cute redhead try it on while standing on a bed. Maybe that'll change your mind.

Acerbis Cosmo here...

2011-acerbis-cosmo-jacket.jpg

+2. I like the fact that the "under garment" is not full length, just covers arms and upper chest/shoulders.

For what it worth, you can go on AMAZON and get the same thing as the Fox one for @ 30.00$. The brand is TME. Theyre just about identical. Ive compared the one i have to a buddy's Fox one. They are supposedly made in the same wharehouse as well. I found this out by researching reviews for the Fox brand one. Ive had it for a year and a half now. I rode all last summer with it and wasnt too hot.

I was scepticle at first but it is a solid buy, and ALOT cheaper than the Fox.

For what it worth, you can go on AMAZON and get the same thing as the Fox one for @ 30.00$. The brand is TME. Theyre just about identical. Ive compared the one i have to a buddy's Fox one. They are supposedly made in the same wharehouse as well. I found this out by researching reviews for the Fox brand one. Ive had it for a year and a half now. I rode all last summer with it and wasnt too hot.

Just found it after some searching thanks. The company is TMS. I saw the fox titan in person and the plastic is pretty thin on it so I don't think this plastic could be any thinner. Reviews said that sizing was off. Can I ask what size you are and the size of your jacket? For 30 bucks with free shipping might be worth it. If all else fails ill just return it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VHU56W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=00K8Y7EF3P828H147W6P&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

1.jpgDianese Wave- only one I can find to cover my massive coccyx.

I went to Motoworld in EC to check out the Leatt Airfit 3df. No luck. They were out. However, I did find the Troy Lee soft body armor.

Significantly lighter weight than the Titan Fox and moves a lot better, not nearly as "clunky" feeling. It has fairly perforated (more than what shows in the photo). Going to give this a shot.

Looks decent enough to wear even without a jersey on really hot days because I am going to wear full sleeves anyway.

post-15604-0-17427400-1426909345.jpg

I compared both of those and the Leatt is in a different class with quality of pads. I'll be wearing mine this weekend in baja.

Wore it at flat track couple weeks ago all day and forgot I was wearing it.

Just found it after some searching thanks. The company is TMS. I saw the fox titan in person and the plastic is pretty thin on it so I don't think this plastic could be any thinner. Reviews said that sizing was off. Can I ask what size you are and the size of your jacket? For 30 bucks with free shipping might be worth it. If all else fails ill just return it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VHU56W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=00K8Y7EF3P828H147W6P&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

I got an xl. 6'0'' 190.

BTW- I'm selling this one- bought the wrong size.

$90? Brand new, never worn.

BTW- I'm selling this one- bought the wrong size.

$90? Brand new, never worn.

By any chance did you order one to large for you?

Hey!

Watch your tone, mister!

(No, the XXL is not large enough for my rippling muscles.)