kkug

Tacos- Sunday 3-22-15 Ez Compadre Rd ride for Tacos-Tacos

I misread the date. Thought it was for last Sunday.

I'm in! Carpool to the border?

Tracy, meet at Kug's Sunday at 6:30. My truck

CiD

Or maybe a bit earlier if we need to pack in three bikes .

Real baja riders ride to the border....and home :)

Random question but can anybody confirm the access road to Compadre Trail from Hwy 3 south of Tecate? I "think" (scary word) that it's is a left turn at the Pemex south of town?

--> I believe this ride will take the Libre (free road) east of Tecate and hit dirt at the north start of Compadre.

Taco Tip: In the morning as you're heading east through town just past the "return to USA border crossing" intersection, look for the "Tacos Mis Tios" restaurant on the north side of the road. Remember this when you're coming back from the day's ride - great place to stop, eat and unpack & put your passport in an easy to access location on your person because the border crossing is 5 minutes from this place.

post-14322-0-81260400-1426654435_thumb.j

post-14322-0-44178700-1426653159_thumb.j

Random question but can anybody confirm the access road to Compadre Trail from Hwy 3 south of Tecate? I "think" (scary word) that it's is a left turn at the Pemex south of town?

--> I believe this ride will take the Libre (free road) east of Tecate and hit dirt at the north start of Compadre.

Taco Tip: In the morning as you're heading east through town just past the "return to USA border crossing" intersection, look for the "Tacos Mis Tios" restaurant on the north side of the road. Remember this when you're coming back from the day's ride - great place to stop, eat and unpack & put your passport in an easy to access location on your person because the border crossing is 5 minutes from this place.

attachicon.gifIMG_0118.JPG

You can connect further down past Valle De los Palmas . Tree led us on another connector one time I think that the one you are talking about.

Tim you taco shop or the one next to it has goat soup in the AM to get you started, Screwed me up for a few hours one time .

So are you meeting us on the trail?

Real baja riders ride to the border....and home :)

We are unreal Baja riders :smile_anim:

+1 taco tip above. Bomb alpastor de su tios, buck a pop.

Emailed u that track u looking for Tim.

Hope i can make this ride MrKug, you gettin busy!!

Yeah, I got that, and the small (pussy) bikes will like it:) Easy peasy and connects to Rancho Santa Veronica area just north of the military checkpoint on Compadre. I can lead that part if needed.

Actually due south of Tecate then east on dirt to Compadre

Sometimes life gets in the way, I am out :grrr:

I'm so ready, I wont be able to sleep tonight. We will be leaving around 5am to meet everyone.

Ready..although Dan Diego's Baja post is f'in with my head. Still in.

Can I go, too? I'm fairly unsquidly, I'm well prepared, I'm not unfamiliar with Baja, and I like food. I would ride either my BRP or KDX220.

:bigeyed: The BRP would be the tool for the job . Remember to need to prepared for self extraction if you don,t have a riding buddy

You guys have fun and be safe. I hope to make the next one.

Mission accomplished! Did everyone make it back!