00yz250

Targetshooting ban for San Diego County has been lifted

Both. The fire restrictions included target shooting.

The link to the news release is on the target shooting page here:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/palmsprings/Target_Shooting_and_Hunting_Information.html

The previous link was to a news release that detailed the ban. Someone from CalGun already called to verify that shooting is included. Today's rain is icing on the cake.

Thank god, because I burned my brush pile last night - shoot me for doing it without a permit.

Has there ever been a ride and shoot event?

We did one years ago - informal. It was a blast. Probably a good 15+ guys who brought some really cool firearms, including an Armalite 50BMG. We set up a pretty legit range on BLM land east of Pole Line and south of 78. We ran the range super safe - appointed a retired Army Cap'n as range master who called it HOT & COLD, always EYES & EARS, and you'd get bitched out real good for lack of muzzle awareness or safety control. With that many guys SAFE = FUN ... and we had a blast. I didn't get to fire the 50 ....but I sure as shniggle got to hold her (the Alumacraft LS2 was a pretty fun ride as well).

post-15780-0-21977200-1421103896.jpg

sorry let me clarify ... by "WE" in my above reply I didn't mean SDAR ... i just meant a bunch of my buddies

Oh wow, that's a hell of a rifle!

Ah, so never a SDAR event.

Think it would be pretty cool to have a "ride and shoot" event.

Ride out to somewhere allowed and just have a blast with a few handguns.

I usually go to Dulzura BLM and have a blast and sometimes see a few riders cruise by. figured it would be pretty fun ride to stop for a bit and shoot off a few rounds.

Think it would be pretty cool to have a "ride and shoot" event.

Yeah - me too. I'd go in a heartbeat.

It's been posted for interest on SDAR before but I don't recall if an actual ride & shoot took place.

Put one together and check the interest. My guess is there'd be a contingent interested.

I have thrown a few pistols in the top box on my Tiger and rode out to Ocotillo a few times last year.

Let's get this "scoot and shoot" together!

We have discussed this before. Like before, what is the legal way to carry a handgun on a dualsport out to the desert without a CCW? We should all go get CCW's by the way! We should set up a ride to go to a range and take classes so we qualify for the CCW.

Excellent idea! I'm in. But can't really put a ride together since I actually never been in one-yet.

I did ask a cop a few years back on motorcycle gun transport, his words were "depends on how much of a d**k wants to be since it's not clearly written".

They way I see it, as long as the guns are locked and the mags not loaded- no problem. I doubt there will be any issue with carrying all together with ammo in a bag that way.

Unless we do Mad Max style and mount a shotgun or AR to the front forks, doubt there will be issues.

I transport my pistols, magazines and ammo all in a locked case inside my top box. As long as the magazines are not in the pistol, they can be in the same locked container. They mags can be loaded or unloaded, just not in the pistol.

I transport my pistols, magazines and ammo all in a locked case inside my top box. As long as the magazines are not in the pistol, they can be in the same locked container. They mags can be loaded or unloaded, just not in the pistol.

Agree. It's the best way. And unless you're really doing something stupid to get pulled over in the first place, or act like a complete A-hole when/if you get pulled over, this will never even come up.

We have done many shoot and scoots several years back. I have posted my favorite spot a few times its 7 miles north of ocotillo on s2 right south of the state park. Awesome spot with targets already setup. Good to shoot then put the guns away and ride from there. Painted gorge is good for that too. The canyon right north west of the kiosk is perfect for it too. Been there a few times to shoot and then scoot in the last year year. We do trap and rifles pistols the whole deal. Pack it up then ride. No point in riding around with a bunch of guns imo.

Costs about the equivalent of a Subway sandwich each time you fire that .50 cal.

Ride/Drive n shoot sounds fun

Me and my buddy have shot in a canyon just south of Anza Borrego state park and north of the 8 on that chunk of BLM land there. Only ones there everytime we've went.